Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadlabsRobot
May 1, 2005

I see what you did there....
Grimey Drawer
I haven't played stalker since back when it was "new" but I saw this thread and thought I'd give gamma a try, and I'm completely lost. Don't know if I just have forgotten how to play stalker or if it is gamma but I don't understand how I'm supposed to heal myself, or find some better guns.

As an example, I found a svu in the swamp which needs a new gas system, which I have in my stash, but I can't find, or find enough stuff to make, the correct repair kit. Do I have to drag all the stuff around with me to the various parts of the zone to check out all the traders for the remaining parts for the repair kit, or is there an easier way to do this that I have missed?

And how does healing work in gamma, so far I've only found that I can heal by eating, by paying doctors, or by hanging around the campfire, but as far as I can tell I haven't found any "fast healing" med-kits that can be used in combat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadlabsRobot
May 1, 2005

I see what you did there....
Grimey Drawer
I checked out the guide and I think I have started to get a hang on the basics of maintenance and repairs. I don't really understand how the condition of a gun works though. I tried to fix up a pistol by swapping out parts and cleaning until each part was at 99%, but couldn't get the
overall condition higher than 55%. I used it for a while and overall condition dropped to 54% and when i then cleaned it again the overall condition increased to 64%. Exactly what determines how high I can get the overall condition, is it connected to items with "repair bonus"?