Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
*Edit: Nevermind.

Edit #2:

I erased what I posted before because I thought I'd get a small group in trouble, but after seeing where it was originally posted it won't.

The source code to Lost Alpha has been leaked. It appears to be about as old as the leaked build since there is no DX10 in the files.

Swartz fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
For those of you who've noticed the various AI issues such as non-responsive AI, Alundaio has posted a proposed fix for it at his forum.

You can download it here.

Edit: Here's a detailed list of what it does:

quote:

- Improved enemy callback. Enemies except actor are ignored by distance of 60^2. NPCs will not stay infinitely in combat. Actor can hide for 2 minutes.
- Increased eye_range to allow recognition of actor from 200m.
- Balanced vision_free/vision_danger settings for both night/day
- Fix to a combat_ignore xr_condition function.
- removed breathing sounds

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

staberind posted:

You are a family sized box of awesome, Cheers,
:blush:

Please download the below version and replace the one you currently have or you may experience CTD's and zombies. I have no idea why either would happen. Not Alundaio's fault, they've done some funky stuff with the new scripts it sounds like.
http://www.epicstalker.com/kjdhadshfadsfklsdfljsd/Lost_Alpha_AI_Tweaks_by_Alundaio_R2.zip

quote:

btw, do you have any Idea how to re-enable the la options?

I haven't looked at it, but as far as I know the only thing it has is debug options? Maybe there is more, I don't know.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

E.Nigma posted:

Arsenal Overhaul - Clear Sky will be released tomorrow.

Sweet. Finally another reason I can give CS a go.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Meltdown321 posted:

Edit: Pripyat Reborn has disappeared from moddb, it seems to be cancelled.

It isn't cancelled, Alundaio is simply focusing his work on Call of Chernobyl instead.
If you really want Pripyat Reborn you can get it here: http://forum.epicstalker.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=165

Original Weapons Renewal also went off ModDB for unknown reasons (no way to contact him as he set his account to private). You can still download that as well though here: http://forum.epicstalker.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=200

As for Arsenal Overhaul, it is indeed a very solid mod. If you love guns then you'll like it I'm sure. There's also a CS version.

As for Misery, I don't like either version (though the new version is much worse) but apparently the 1.2 version might be worth a go if you can find a link to it.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Noah probably fucks his pseudodog friend in the butt. That's why:
A) His dog is always angry
B) He fires at you when you approach his door. You're probably interrupting something.

I'm creating a new page for r_populik's Original Weapons Renewal 2.1 since he has quit modding Stalker and he took his page down.

If anyone is interested in helping, I could use someone that's good with Photoshop to create some nice graphics for the page.
If interested send me a PM on my moddb page: http://www.moddb.com/members/jketiynu

I'll also be releasing an addon for his mod that adds even more weapons that I will import into the game, but I don't need any graphics for that now as it's a ways off.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm now maintaining a page for Original Weapons Renewal 2.1 as well as an addon I'm making for it at this page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/original-weapons-renewal-by-r-populik

If anybody feels like lending a hand in creating a better page layout and graphics, let me know. I can make a new group and add you to the list and we can work on things together.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Measly Twerp posted:

It's just an image, or is HTML allowed? What are the specs?

I'm just using an image, but HTML is allowed.

The dimensions of any images in that field must be no greater width than 950, height doesn't matter as long as it looks good.

I'd also like a new banner (950x150, no text), and preview graphic (max size 1024x768).

I screwed up and put "SWM" in the main graphic when I meant to say "SWTC" :P

I am also interested in a 1024x768 graphic for a new group I'm creating that currently consists of me and a modeler/skinner/animator. It will grow to more.
I'd leave text off of it as I can add it later when I decide what to name the group. Just something Stalker themed.

Any help would be appreciated. You or anyone else can email me at matthew.w.swartz at gmail for discussing this stuff.
Alternatively you can PM me on ModDB from my profile. It might be better to do it via ModDB, that way I can add you to the team if you want to continue with any future graphics or page design.

While I'm at it, does anyone have any gun suggestions for my addon? I have a good modeler so we can pretty much add anything, but preferably Russian or Ukranian in origin.

So far I have a Ruger Mini-14, FNP 45, Steyr Aug A1, Baikal MP-153, PP-19 Bizon, AK-104 w/ Kobra, and when my modeler is back from vacation we'll also have: a PP-19-01 Vityaz, Colt Python, S&W M19, Remington 700.
I am also adding Millenia's Borz (got permission from him like a year ago...hope he remembers) as a bandit spray-and-pray weapon, a zip-gun bolt-action rifle of some sort as another cheap bandit weapon, and maybe an IMI Tavor if my dude skins it and creates some good animations for it.

Swartz fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 7, 2014

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So in addition to the Shadow of Chernobyl source code being leaked around the time of Lost Alpha, a few days ago a Russian leaked the source code for Clear Sky as well.

I know it sucks for GSC, but I do hope modders utilize it. It would neat to see CS have many of it's hard-coded issues fixed by a good programmer.

Now all we are missing is the COP source code...

*Edit*
Turns out the source code was "leaked" by an active programmer in team Dezowave (Lost Alpha). It also looks like he may have had permission from GSC.

It looks as though seeing the COP source code is a very real possibility.

*Edit #2*
I directly asked the leaker if he would release the COP code at some point. I'll let people know what he says.

Swartz fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 11, 2014

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

It seems like a lot of the actual grunts in GSC are really graceful about that kind of thing. Before they went under they released a ton of development material in the form of models, old builds etc. About 60gb of the stuff. You can find it on rutracker.

They also made drm free exe files that a lot of the hacked engine features have utilised heavily.

The rights holder, on the other hand, is making GBS threads bricks.

Yeah GSC is great when it comes to helping out the modding community. I don't care if Sergey is making GBS threads a brick as he cancelled Stalker 2 so...
Anyway, the development material you mention may not be seeded anymore. If this is the case I only grabbed the COP materials but am willing to upload them at some point if people can't get them through rutracker.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So I have a response from the source code "leaker" (looks more and more like it may be okay):

My message to him:

quote:

Hi,

First of all I'm sorry for using English and not typing in Russian.

I was just curious, I see that you released the Clear Sky source code. Do you currently have any plans on releasing the Call of Pripyat source code as well?

I have to ask as I am absolutely dying to see the COP source code and start modifying the game, if you plan on releasing it.

Take care,
Matt

His response:

quote:

hi, in autumn maybe cause NDA, october, not sure yet.
Gl, lox.

So it sounds like he's waiting for his NDA agreement to expire before releasing it...but we will likely have the COP source code soon :D

Time to start making a wishlist of engine features people. I'm already getting started on getting programmers together for this (and I can do some small C++ mods myself: I made a few changes in the CS source which are coming along nicely).

To any mods reading this: May we have permission to openly post this code once released? It seems as though GSC doesn't really care and might be okay with it.

Here's a wishlist I compiled so far:
*Change per-vertex lighting to per-pixel lighting
*Add support for SMAA, and FXAA
*Add more advanced collision detection for particles as well as wallmarks
*Add support for artist-programmable tessellation
*Add ability for full-auto pistols (empty animations show up correctly)
*Allow for variable rates of fire (abakan fires 1800 rpm in 2-round burst mode, while retaining normal rate of fire in other modes)
*Allow attachable bayonets
*Allow attachable underslung shotguns
*Allow impact-detonated grenades
*Allow manual reloading (have to press reload key to reload)
*Contact Nvidia and ask to implement HBAO+ and TXAA
*Add multi-threaded support
*Add enviornment mapping for models/weapons

Based on what I've seen of the CS source I can do the full auto pistols, variable rates of fire, and manual reloading but that's about it.

I'm hoping COP gets to be the first engine to get DirectX12 through modders rather than any other games.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

One thing I desperately want is support for custom keybindings. You can do this in SoC with an dll hook, but it's very clumsy. Having such functionality built in would be a godsend.

You've got it. Anyone else have things they want to see?

I can start now by practicing on the Clear Sky source and seeing what my changes are like. I've already made a few changes that turned out quite well (I did the full auto pistols and it works very well. I also tried the variable rpm and it seems to work.)

I should also mention that when this source is released it will be on Github or SVN or something so people can modify it.

One thing that I forgot to mention before that needs to be done is this: The goddamned stuttering that happens from time to time needs to be wiped out. With the source code I'm sure it's possible to totally eliminate it, it will just take a talented programmer.

I know I'm no programmer but I can use help forums for C/C++ and ask questions without letting on to what game I'm modifying. I also put a job ad on ModDB looking for programmer(s).

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

So tomorrow I'm going to start picking up components for my new pc. A question for those in the know... How well does Stalker play with Windows 8? I wish I could say I'm spending all this money on a cool new system for other games but I'm literally getting it for stalker. Windows 8 looks cool and I was a bit of a late adopter of windows 7 because I'm a luddite, so what's the verdict?

I'm on Windows 8.1 and I don't have any issues with any of the Stalker games.
I'm not sure how familiar you are with Windows 8, but a lot of people aren't fond of the new interface (myself being one of them). If you find you don't like it too make sure you download Classic Shell. It makes everything like Windows 7 interface wise.

Also, SSD's are great (I finally got one around 6 months ago) but don't expect game loading times to go down too dramatically. They're great for installing your OS and common files on though, I can boot up after pressing the start button within a few seconds.

I've still been working with the Clear Sky source code, and I finally got one version I found to compile. The version I was trying before was bugged as hell.
I made the following changes to it:

*Added different sounds for reloading a weapon with a partial mag vs. an empty mag.
To use add "snd_reload_empty" to any weapon ltx you want.
*Added possibility of anm_reload_empty to automatic weapons.
*Added bloodmarks (not working) and actor shadow (looks great) on DX9 renderer

Authors: Nick Galko, K.D., jketiynu

I am really hoping someone with Platinum could do me a huge favor and ask a Moderator here if it's okay to post the working source code.
Please make sure you tell them that people already were given GSC's unofficial blessing to use the SoC source code, and it appears fine to use the CS code as well. I had contacted the moderator of the official GSC forum and he said he'd contact GSC for me and see what they thought, and I haven't received a response in over a week, which to me tells me they don't want to come out and say it's okay, but unofficially it is.

Also: If anyone here knows C++ or knows of someone that knows C++ and would like to work on an open source project with a team of people let me know. There's a big growing list of features to add to CS, and ones to be ported to COP when that's released.

Here are a few new ideas I had:
*Replace Global Illumination system with a more modern one. Should actually be relatively simple as everything that we know r2_gi and related functions does is only in a few files. It should be easy to replace with a modern day, good looking system.
*Give decals ability to have bump and bump# maps. That way bulletholes can take chunks out of things and blood can have a nice specular map to look glossy in the sunlight.
*Add Cook-Torrance lighting as an option for models through the SDK.
*3D shell casings (perfectly possible, I just don't know where to start and I don't even officially know C++)
*Non-hostile wildlife in the Zone (I think I can do this, but the models and animations I can't)

Swartz fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 18, 2014

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

Hopefully this rig will allow me to make decent quality videos without killing my framerate totally. Last time I recorded something it was the Dead City part of my mod and the constant warfare and explosions tanked any chance of recording anything decent.

Since you got a GTX770 you can use Nvidia Shadowplay to make videos. It doesn't really affect your framerate at all.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone here do anything with audio? I'd ask Daemonion but he seems really busy.

I'm going to need a reload sound for a Mini-14 with brand new animations.

Once I get a video of the animation I can edit this post with the video so you have an idea of what you'd be working with.

Best way to contact me is to message me at ModDB (username: jketiynu ).

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Missing Name posted:

Me! Me! Just make sure the video is highish res so I can check when clicks should go in and stuff.

Enigma beat you to it: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/dunrvv886ukdu64/mini14_reload.ogg

I'll likely be needing an Uzi reload sound in the next month or so. Let me know what your ModDB username is and when the time comes for it I'll send you a message.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

Awesome stuff

drat, I'm going to have to try this. I haven't played Lost Alpha since the very first release and I gave up early due to some of the bugs and the poorly written story.
I'm also really interested in seeing how you achieved certain things.

Do you have an ETA for release?

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

NeoSeeker posted:

To put it simply I'd rather play on CoP's engine because of the upgrade system and stability.

My best guess would be misery mod. Would I be right?

I can't think of any released freeplay mods for COP, but if you're willing to wait a while it sounds like Call of Chernobyl will fill that gap.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

Heh, there's a commented out item description buried in the text files:

"Day 1: Everybody here is going mad! I need to hide... until it's too late or they will find me, something saved me, I guess it's this prototype on my head which I wore today for testing... without it I would already be dead. Day 2: It's dark and damp here, I need food and supplies, but how can I get out.. they are everywhere! All my mates, and friends transformed into something... something unbelievable, horrible, I can't even describe it! Day 3: It's all Loxotron's fault!! He is GAY and he is LYING.. to YOU, loving former GSC member, gently caress, I HATE YOU, DIE IF YOU CAN, DIE SON OF A BITCH, PLEASE!!!!! Day 4: It's the end.. no food, no water, if someone finds this note, please know that all of this was for good! We wanted only to protect the world, not to destroy it!"

Sounds like they're not too fond of the source code getting leaked (Loxotron leaked CS, I think Soc too, and I messaged him and he said COP is this October).

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm continuing to work on the Clear Sky source. Without being a C++ programmer I'm still managing to do minor things.

Here's what I have done so far:

1) Actor shadows in DX9&DX10
2) Re-enabled fov and hud_fov console commands
3) Re-enabled grass shadows
4) Different reload sounds for reloading empty vs reloading full
5) Add anm_reload_empty to weapons that don't have one (full-auto weapons)
6) Animation for misfires
7) Full-auto pistol class so they display proper empty animations
8) Restored satiety (need to wait on my compiler to see if UI icon works yet)
9) Added thirst (need to wait on compiler for UI again)
10) Re-enabled g_god and g_unlimitedammo console commands

All of this will be easy to transfer to COP later (aside from satiety which already works in COP).

If you have any suggestions of things you want to see, let me know.

I could also use an actual C++ programmer for certain things. If interested please send an email to matthew.w.swartz at gmail.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Source code to Call of Pripyat has been released/leaked.

Don't know if anyone cares, but I'm very happy about it.

I'll be porting the work I did on CS to COP now, and there are several people interested in joining forces, including K.D. of OGSE (he did all the shaders and graphics).

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Naky posted:

In case nobody here has already heard, LURK's development has discontinued and the team is moving on to doing a STALKER inspired game with UE4.

Hopefully the project doesn't die there. Seems like just a little while ago they were going to use the new OGSE as a base. I do understand them wanting to get away from X-Ray though.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

*Talk about lua coding*

Ddraig, I have a question for you since you're the best lua scripter around besides Alundaio (who took off again) that I know about and isn't Russian.

As you know, there is a problem in the game where stealth doesn't work. I've confirmed through looking at the source code for COP that sound suppressors don't do anything at all except modify accuracy and damage, etc. as defined in the config (maybe they just expected all silencer shots would be commented so they had a short range, so they didn't bother doing anything further with them? Seems pretty lazy...)

I believe the biggest problem with stealth is the fact that once you shoot someone that is a member of the squad, that member of the squad as well as the rest of the squad immediately hone in on your position and know where you are.
I'm trying to modify the source so that stealth works better, but I'm not sure if this would be in the code or the scripts. In your opinion, is it hard-coded or scripted, based on looking at the ai scripts?
If it's hardcoded I can probably make a cheap fix for it, but if it's scripted I can't.

Thanks for your time.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Just wanted to issue a warning for any potential GTX 970 or 980 owners:
The drivers made available don't work well with Stalker.
I've only tested Call of Pripyat, but in DX9 mode it causes lots of artifacting issues (mostly in shadows and in grass) but it doesn't happen in DX10 and 11.

It also causes problems for the SDK, which at random will no longer boot up, and will crash on start.
It's important for me to be able to use the SDK as a mod maker.

I think I'm going to downgrade to my GTX 760 with earlier drivers until the issues with the 900 series drivers is fixed (already reported Stalker issues on official Nvidia driver forums).

Just thought I'd let people know.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Agreed posted:

Again, my knowledge on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mods outside of Swartz Mod (which I spent like 250 hours in, thanks Swartz if you're still reading!)

So your knowledge is in regards to poo poo mods? ;)

In terms of COP mods, Arsenal Overhaul with MAYBE Pripyat Reborn addon (has some stability issues) is my current go-to outside of the mod I'm working on now (may as well pimp that since I mentioned it: http://www.moddb.com/mods/ultimate-weapon-renewal and yes we're using the leaked source :D ).
Another good COP mod to be on the lookout for is "Call of Chernobyl" which I was a tester for, for a while. Alundaio had taken off without fixing some issues, but he just came back to fix it all, so it should be coming (my guess) by early next year, and it has a shitload of maps and AI-life activity and free-roam play if you're into that.

Good to see you in a Stalker thread again :)

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Naky posted:

Hey Swartz, now that LURK is dead and the team is moving on to another game/engine, perhaps there's a few models that you can pry out of Mill's hands for your mod. I have no idea if their intention is to use all the weapons made for LURK in their new projects or not but if not, it's worth a shot anyway right? I can ask him for you, if you like.

Would you mind? I've asked him before if I can use his models and his answer has always been no, but maybe you'd have better luck. I'd appreciate it.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
DDraig, in TFW, what script(s) determine when an NPC tells you to gently caress off if you loot a body of a squadmate? Asking you because you know a lot about scripts and have experience with TFW.

Also, I noticed that TFW has a new "best weapon" switching system. Have you or anyone else noticed it working? Like do NPC's use pistols sometimes, or different weapons when attacking helicopters?
I just want to make sure it works before I attempt to port it to COP.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

For the item looting, it is split between tfw_actor_inventory.script and watcher_act.script

watcher_act.script is a pretty standard SoC script that a lot of mods use. TFW has modified it quite a bit so that npcs will claim certain corpses. tfw_actor_inventory.script is what controls if the player 'owns' a corpse (i.e. has looted it before someone else lays claim to it)

As for the best weapons, I have no idea if it's working or not. I guess it could be working so well that you don't notice it working, or just not working at all. Sorry I can't be more help :(

e: One very noteworthy thing TFW does, that I think a LOT more mods should do, is stuck inside the rather innocuous looking level_weathers.script

What it basically does is read the weather configs, then determines the maximum visual range based on the fog_plane setting. It will then modify NPC vison ranges/FOV based on that. This is something I attempted to do myself with varying degrees of success (OGSE and a few other mods, like SGM also attempt it). TFW probably has the most elegant solution of the lot I can't really believe nobody thought of it before.

The way it's implemented should mean it will work with ANY weather mod that uses heavy fog to obscure vision. I know Atmosfear in all its iterations uses it quite extensively, and the player can't see for poo poo so it's nice that NPCs won't be able to either.

Thanks.

Now I have a request.

I tried to merge the best weapon system (as it was confirmed as working by you guys above, thanks!), but I get the following error now upon starting the game in COP:

quote:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : !m_error_code
[error]Function : raii_guard::~raii_guard
[error]File : ..\xrServerEntities\script_storage.cpp
[error]Line : 748
[error]Description : ...ll of pripyat\gamedata\scripts\state_mgr_goap.script:97: attempt to index global 'state_mgr_weapon' (a nil value)

Could I ask you to look at my scripts and tell me how I screwed it up? I'd really appreciate it if you could find the time.
I've uploaded them here: https://www.mediafire.com/?hvxbkxgljj1kz3j
As you can see I got a little lazy and just threw the mentioned TFW scripts in there rather than commenting out the functions that pertain to them, though I don't think that's what caused the crash.

I'll merge in the changes you mentioned into Atmosfear's level_weathers.script (or since I'm using the source maybe I can correct the AI configs to properly detect the fog functions it mentions).

Also I managed to isolate only Alundaio's random weapon loadouts and nothing else of his AI stuff (since it's prone to crashes) if you have any interest in using that (I can send the configs for it).

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

One thing I can see that looks a little odd is on line 142-143 in the state_weapon_mgr.script which is this:

code:
	return 	self.object:weapon_unstrapped() and	
	return  active_item ~= nil and
The second 'return' is possibly redundant and may be interfering with the correct operation of the script. I can't really see any other glaring errors.

I've had entire scripts gently caress up spectacularly because I put 'kocal' instead of 'local' etc.

That was it, thanks! :)

Now hopefully I can merge in tfw_actor_inventory.script and watcher_act.script without loving up :downs:

Also another problem in that scripts folder: utils.script included will cause the game to crash due to a missing function that vanilla has. Needs to be merged with vanilla script for COP.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Killswitch posted:

Ddraig you wouldn't happen to have any insider info on when OGSE 0693 is coming out do you? They've been teasing us for months now, I'm going stir-crazy here.

I remember an author on the mod page stated that no matter what it would be released by the end of this year, but I don't know how true that is.

I've been in contact with K.D. (their shader guy and programmer) and he said that there's a lack of active people working on it, so he's being forced to do things he wouldn't ordinarily do like finish some of the incomplete quests.
I don't take that as a good sign but it sounds like there's enough content there that they could release it in an incomplete state.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So, I have it on good authority that the wait for Call of Chernobyl won't be much longer if you're looking for a huge freeplay sandbox in CoP.

If I remember correctly the OGSE team also said they'll release the new version this year complete or not, so there's that to look forward to as well.

As some of you know I've been working with the CoP source code.
A quick question I have: would you guys be willing to endure longer loading times under DX10 & 11 if it meant having brand new shader effects under those modes? If not it means restricting new graphic effects to DX9. As for DX8/Static lighting I'm removing it entirely as it makes certain weapons chrome for people, and just generally attracts a lot of idiots on ModDB that don't understand why static lighting doesn't work well these days. I believe OGSE did the exact same thing.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Horns posted:

What kind of new shader effects? Load times on DX10/11 are already brutal for me, but if it means better optimizations and eye candy in-game, then a little more loading isn't that big of a deal.

Thermal vision, SSDO, HBAO+ in DX11, displacement map tessellation in DX11 (currently only uses PN triangle smoothing, and only on a few things), lens dirt, SMAA, reflective surfaces from rain, subsurface skin scattering (depends if my modeler wants to take the time and make all the skin on the models a separate surface), and other eye candy.
The initial loading time would be increased a bit, but I imagine using DX10 in Lost Alpha would be comparable since it also disabled shader caching.

Since you're the only one that responded with an opinion I will likely make all the new graphic options DX9 only (minus the DX11 ones obviously) unless anyone else is interested in these things as well.

Killswitch posted:

Just don't die as much :downs:

Stalker games don't reload shaders upon loading a save-game, they're already loaded. The only loading time that gets affected is the initial load time for each level.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So no more cached shaders it is then.

The majority of the features will have to wait until the end of the year (porting them from OGSE) while stuff like displacement map tessellation and HBAO+ I'll do myself.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Vorenus posted:

Ddraig how's your TFW version coming along?

I tried to install TFW from the moddb link, cleared out the gamedata folder, installed the new one and replaced the xrgame.dll. On launch I'm getting a bug where it can't find XrLUA.dll, which doesn't even come with CS. I've tried fully clearing out my CS folder and reinstalling, the issue seems to be the FW xrGame.dll causing the game to look for XrLUA.dll.

Any ideas?

When you cleaned out your directory, did you delete your save games and log directories?
I had an error that gave me an error almost identical to that, and nothing worked until I did that. First time I've ever experienced it either.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cantorsdust posted:

Any updates on Call of Chernobyl or OGSE 0.6.9.3?

Call of Chernobyl is nearing release (1-2 months max) and the new OGSE will be released by January.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

The Kins posted:

This is about a week old, but I didn't see a link, so... GSC Gameworld has reformed in some form, still has all the STALKER 2 materials, and is working on a new "old-fashioned, full price game". They also talk about STALKER 2 development, and why it got cancelled in the first place.

I can't wait to see what they come up with. Shame Stalker 2 will never see the light of day, especially since they upgraded from the horrible Xray engine.

I hope with whatever new game they're making they remember the modding community and allow us to edit as much as possible.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

Sorry about the LA addon delay. Got sidetracked downloading Blacklist on my lovely connection. Will upload it tomorrow morning for sure!

What are people's thoughts regarding Autumn Aurora 2's changes? Thinking of adding in the minimalist hud and detectors from there, maybe.

Ddraig, I don't have platinum (getting it Friday probably, and getting a new avatar) but do you have an email?

Myself, Alundaio, r_populik, and possibly Bangalore are all interested in working on an Unreal Engine 4 project next year, and I was thinking that you're a skilled modder and maybe we could use you too. I'd just want to know a little more of just how familiar you are with LUA and if you have any other PC game related talents?
This would be something we'd start a kickstarter for and get paid for (hopefully).

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

So I've had a brief look over the OGSE 0.9.6.3 scripts and wow they've really remade the entire thing. Some cool new features:

They now have a dedicated 'keylogger' which allows for custom bindings. They also hit upon an idea I had for using this in that they've completely stripped nightvision from suits and done it in a scripted way, so when an emission hits nightvision will no longer work, lights will be screwed up, and other neat things (like the various electronic things like exoskeletons, autodoctors and bioradar/detectors cease to work properly)

They've completely redone some vehicles, including the BTR. You can now have companions in vehicles with you, and if they're in a BTR they will also fire upon people so you don't have to.

The shader work they've done is loving fantastic. They've seriously made the game look gorgeous. Better than LA in many, many regards.

They've also redone exoskeletons to make them less powerful in a rather interesting way. As said, once an emission hits the electronic components cease to work so you don't get the additional strength or whatever with them, so they're basically just a giant metal box at that point. They also have references to them 'rusting' presumably, when exposed to extreme rain or whatever.

Way more new quests. They've also incorporated virtually all of the RMA mod into it, and done it really well, so it's now potentially a better LA game than LA.

OGSE 0.9.6.3 really is amazing stuff. I hope the translation work is fast so I can understand what's going on.

I've spoken to K.D., the author of the shaders and one of the coders, frequently about OGSE.
Most if not all of those shaders I will be porting to COP on the Open Xray Engine 1.6 (that's what we're calling the engine for COP with the open source) as soon as the OGSE source is released, which will be as soon as they're done debugging and release the full release.
Some of them I might already be able to port to COP already by doing some guesswork as to how the coded the new shaders internally.

Also, a present to this playing COP on DX9: Lost Alpha's Soft Shadows shader - https://www.mediafire.com/?7v6gufmxvwczhu5
Instructions: Delete your shaders_cache folder in appdata prior to launching the game with the new shader.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Been doing some coding for CoP's new "Open XRay engine".

Here are some recent results (done in fast-motion, but you get the idea): http://www.moddb.com/mods/ultimate-weapon-renewal/videos/dynamic-tree-sway

If someone has Platinum, ask if it's okay to link to the source code and I'll post a link to the Open Xray engine (my changes are incorporated in main branch, except new ballistics, but it's easy to navigate between branches since it's Github).

@DDraig: That sounds awesome :) I haven't fired up Lost Alpha since it's initial release, but I'm interested in trying it again with your changes. ETA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

I also really, really want to figure out how to disable the PDA functionality. Right now I've got functional 'blackout' elements for:

If I understand the file correctly, doesn't lua_help.script for LA define a way to turn it off?

Specifically, line 3703.

I don't know LUA though so I could easily be wrong.