Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm fundamentally against any modern interpretation against Peter Pan which even attempts to include the Indians, because, like, come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Bicyclops posted:

I'm fundamentally against any modern interpretation against Peter Pan which even attempts to include the Indians, because, like, come on.

I'm just glad they actually picked a Native American to play her role. Rooney Mara was whitewashing at its most obvious when she took that role in Pan.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Blue Fairy just isn't working for me as a villain. I get that they're going for the whole "It sounds sort of like Rumple" thing when she giggles, but somehow it sounds impish when he does it, and like false confidence when she does it. Maybe that's the idea, but she's the ultimate Big Bad in what is looking to be actual finale of the show.

I actually enjoyed the Zelena stuff, though, retread and arguably-women-in-refridgerators-y though it was.

There are probably only going to be three episodes left of this or else a weird seventh season without most of the cast, unless something really dramatic changes.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I liked this past episode; I don't mind the Black Fairy. I would have preferred shady Blue be the big bad in the final episode, but this works, since she seems like an overconfident, overpowered immortal creature, just like Rumple. It figures Rumple's dad and mom were evil, Rumple is evil, and his sone Gideon is controlled by evil. No wonder Neal ran away from that poo poo.

Also, all this stuff really just makes me look forward to the musical episode coming up.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah, I actually have high hopes for the musical episode. I know it grates on some people, but come on, if any show was going to have a musical episode, it's the one filled with deus ex machina magic. I don't know Zachary and Wiener, who are writing the music, but they have some Broadway chops.

They're apparently making poor Jared sing, but I'm pretty sure the rest of the cast all have at least enough musical experience that they'll record themselves without too much auto-tuning. It should be fun, and it's a good option, I think, for the penultimate episode of the show.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Half way through the Evil Queen's number and hey this show got good again.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

:lol: at having Bobby Carlisle twirl as if he is going to sing his own solo number and then basically say "gently caress the entire premise of this episode."

It was what I wanted from it as an episode. Two hours of this show left, in all probability.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I had no idea they were even doing a musical ep. And I was doubly shocked when it turned out to be the show's best ep in a long time.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Man, how embarrassing must it be for The Flash (which also had a musical a few weeks ago) that of all the shows in the world, it was this one that decided to step up and tell it "now this is how you do a loving musical"? Considering the actual quality of the show on average, it shocks me to say that this might be the best musical ep of a nonmusical TV show that I've seen since Once More With Feeling.

Also, drat, can everyone on that show who isn't Henry sing? They really managed to make sure that if any recurring characters could sing, we'd know about it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Argue posted:

Also, drat, can everyone on that show who isn't Henry sing? They really managed to make sure that if any recurring characters could sing, we'd know about it.

They auto-tuned Lana a lot for sure, which surprised me. I would have thought she'd be one of the ones who was definitely big on singing.

Jennifer Morrison has confirmed that she won't renew her contract for season 7 now, so even if they do get renewed, we're at the point where basically the entirety of the main cast will be guests at most. Morrison said she'd come back for one episode only if it gets renewed.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Ahahaha that was amazing! This show, man. They screw around doing the stupidest of the stupid and then sometimes poo poo out gems like this.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Show got renewed for 22 more episodes.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

GreenNight posted:

Show got renewed for 22 more episodes.

:lol: Gonna be one hell of a weird seventh season.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They'll have it where Emma's body gets destroyed but her soul will move on to a new person, and they'll be the new Emma and get to bang Hook.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I hope it's just twenty-two straight hours of Bobby Carlisle doing that Rumpelstiltskin hand thing and Lana Parilla rolling her eyes at him.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Well, it's gonna have to be, with Emma, Snow, Charming, Henry, Zelena, and Belle all leaving.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

List of who is returning and leaving:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-everyone-whos-staying-and-leaving-this-once-upon-1795168784

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lana is staying and Jared is leaving?

Could be good ... RIP Jennifer Morrison's sexy arms, though.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I am just laughing my rear end off at this news. My girlfriend's still watching so I've seen the latest episodes and holy poo poo, has a full cast replacement EVER worked?

Though this might be the funniest most amazing implosion since ABC's V show in it's finale with that kind of culling, in particular since half those people have very cemented relationships to the people leaving. I mean face it, who here WOULDN'T be laughing until they cried if the "more terrible than you can imagine" actually was terrible, and people just started outright loving exploding/imploding left and right?

Just go balls out Blake's 7 ending and murder the gently caress out of everyone. "I thought the bad guys weren't supposed to kill anyone!" It'd be worth it just for the twitter reaction if the whole Charming family got the "imploded into a crunched up ball" ending from FX's Legion.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I'm out after this season. Been on the fence for years anyway, so this is fine.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Mader leaving not by choice, apparently.

A shame, because Hook, Regina, Zelena and Rumpelstiltskin acting as these anti-hero protagonists might have been a pretty fun show.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Wheat Loaf posted:

Mader leaving not by choice, apparently.

A shame, because Hook, Regina, Zelena and Rumpelstiltskin acting as these anti-hero protagonists might have been a pretty fun show.

Yeah, Zelena sticking around would be great. I'm a bit behind, but does she still have her baby hanging around? Maybe the show wants to purge all children based storylines or something.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Supposedly next season will have a huge time jump, decade or so and they're getting an older actor for Henry.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

A show with just Regina, Rumple, and Hook could be a ton of fun. But based on how this past season went (I stopped watching after Hook came back to life) I don't have much hope.

Does anyone want to tell me what's happened in this latest season? It's been rough without Lily Sparks.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

A show with just Regina, Rumple, and Hook could be a ton of fun. But based on how this past season went (I stopped watching after Hook came back to life) I don't have much hope.

Does anyone want to tell me what's happened in this latest season? It's been rough without Lily Sparks.

The biggest tragedy of all was losing Lily Sparks imo.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

cailleask posted:

The biggest tragedy of all was losing Lily Sparks imo.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dazerbeams posted:

There was some stuff with Mr. Hyde, Jafar and Evil Queen (Regina Jekyll and Hyded herself, lol) that ended up not mattering at all and is honestly barely worth mentioning. Hyde's dead now, the whole Aladdin plot is resolved (Aladdin was a Savior too, there's a whole thing with some magic shears that sever a person from their destiny so he wasn't a Savior for awhile) and the Evil Queen is now in an alternate Universe where Robin is still alive and they can go have all the sex together. She put a curse on Charming and Snow that got broken.

The big plot thing is that Emma had an oracle tell her that she would die in the Final Battle. Rumbelle son, Gideon, got "Connored" (i.e. he is suddenly an adult, through time passing differently in different realms or something). He rebelled against the woman who raised him who is {dum dum DUMMMMMM} Rumple's mom, the Black Fairy. In response to his rebellion, she took his heart and is controlling him.

It turns out that during his pirating days, Hook killed Charming's father, and he was very sad and broody about it, and then he got kidnapped away to Neverland, where he found a magic wand that will supposedly be useful for the Savior in the Final Battle. He apologized for his past misdeeds, and Charming is fine with it. He proposed to Emma and they got married in the last episode, the musical. Zelena had to give up her magic for convoluted reasons. Everyone is now very invested in the Final Battle, which will apparently be between Emma and the Black Fairy, or so it has been heavily implied. Emma has gotten over her loner attitude and is happy to have found a family, Regina finally feels whole, Hook has put away his demons and his quest for revenge, and Rumple is still a weird, lying schemer but Belle is still with him for whatever reason. The Charmings are fine, even Neil, probably, although everyone seems to have forgotten about Neil.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Also lol at Emilie de Ravin and Bex Mader saying they would be happy to come back and the Producers doing the casting negotiation equivalent of sucking in air through their teeth and saying "Welllll..."

Belle has basically just existed to be a moral compass for Rumpelstiltskin to smash over and over again, so of course they aren't bringing her back, but I'm a little surprised by Rebecca, if only because they pulled huge retcons to get her back purely because her gleeful, unapologetic, campy mania was a perfect fit for the show.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I thought that last episode was actually pretty good, minus the groanworthy Last Supper montage, the fact that Snow White's little speech was obviously referring to the next season in code, and the stuff that's trying to bridge the seasons.

I'm shocked they got Bobby Carlisle back. He's just seemed so disinterested in working on the show for such a long time. I guess they probably just drive a dumptruck filled with money up to his house and say "Come on, we all know you're not even going to try very hard. Give us another season."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'd just like to point out that I am the only person who posted about this show for what was functionally its series finale. RIP Once Upon a Time, you weird little hosed up show. Have fun in the delirious post-death fever dream in the Friday night death slot with three of the old cast members. Say goodnight to the oceans of weird fan fiction, may a flight of angels sing it to its rest. Most of all, may the Lana Parilla is Done with Your poo poo Gifs last as long as they may.

*pours out whatever that whiskey from Lost is*

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

I enjoyed it, but it lost a lot of charm when we lost Lily Sparks

That was the beginning of the end

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Yeah, the finale was okay but it wasn't nearly as cracked out as the musical episode, and this show is best enjoyed with maximal crack.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
so what happened did emma die

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The last ep is finally the requisite ep of any fantasy show, where the main character is made to believe they've been receiving therapy in an insane asylum the whole time. Henry makes her believe again, Rumple kills the Black Fairy then rescues Emma by restoring Gideon's heart despite his being tempted not to. Then it turns out that when good (Emma) and evil (the Dark One) both do the right thing, it breaks the curse. Then there's a last supper with every character and they're all happy, then it cuts to several years later, an adult Henry in Seattle is approached by a girl claiming to be his daughter, and she says his family needs him.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Who is Lily Sparks?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Since the next season is almost certainly going to be the last one, I hope they go all out with it and have CGI versions of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy in it.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Since the next season is almost certainly going to be the last one, I hope they go all out with it and have CGI versions of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy in it.

I think you mean Sora, Donald, Goofy

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Argue posted:

I think you mean Sora, Donald, Goofy

Honestly, I wouldn't be averse to it.

I say, remember when Emma's childhood friend and Maleficent's daughter Lily was going to hang around Storybrooke to learn who her real father was?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't be averse to it.

I say, remember when Emma's childhood friend and Maleficent's daughter Lily was going to hang around Storybrooke to learn who her real father was?

I was quite interested in that after the Queens of Evil arc. Whatever happened?

I'll also never forget Sheriff hottie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Andrew_1985 posted:

I was quite interested in that after the Queens of Evil arc. Whatever happened?

Nothing, unfortunately. She says she plans to stick around and do some digging in the party at Granny's at the end of season four, then season five begins immediately after that - on the same night, in the same street, with the same people present - and she never shows up again.

quote:

I'll also never forget Sheriff hottie.

I wonder if Jamie Dornan ever ponders whether staying on OUAT might have been a better deal.

• Locked thread