Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

heenato posted:

On the bright side, it's mid september, that means most retailers are starting to get halloween stuff in again, that means the jack hunt is back!

JACK

IS BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Veloxyll posted:

JACK

IS BACK

DOKTOR, TURN OFF MY FRIGHT INHIBITORS.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
The year of Oogie, much like the year of Luigi, has been confusing and tumultuous. But what a ride.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Don't you mean "what a ri-HIIII-de."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Veloxyll posted:

JACK

IS BACK

My sword is a tool of wa-haastice.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 14, 2014

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Among the horde of disappointments in this game (looking at you, developers, not VB or Kamoc), there's one I am surprised no one has mentioned.

We have yet to see any souls being robbed, despite Jack's cries to the opposite. Yeah, I admit hearing him call out "GIANT VERSION OF THE STICKY HAND THING YOU GET OUT OF GROCERY STORE CAPSULE MACHINES" doesn't scan as well, but, seriously, "SOUL ROBBER"? There's no souls and no robberies.

Disappointing.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

David D. Davidson posted:

My sword is a tool of war-haastice.

Blade WaaHaaolf looks pretty good in that pic, BTW.

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Nanoma-screams, son.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted

Sartorius posted:

Nanoma-screams, son.

Heh, that's funny, though in Ooogie's case its really Nanobugs, son. And that is going to show up, in a big way as soon as we get to the final.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Haha, yeah sorry, I went on a small hiatus there. Vacation happened, then work started up very soon after that, so things got a little in the way for a bit there. I apparently have this week off from work though, so the last episode should be up this week, goodness willing! Sorry for the silly-rear end delay and thanks for putting up with it!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

VoidBurger posted:

Haha, yeah sorry, I went on a small hiatus there. Vacation happened, then work started up very soon after that, so things got a little in the way for a bit there. I apparently have this week off from work though, so the last episode should be up this week, goodness willing! Sorry for the silly-rear end delay and thanks for putting up with it!

Look we understand the need to vacation from a game. And if you are willing to assault your sanity over and over for our amusement, then we owe you a break now and then.

So, how was vacation?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm just glad I didn't miss it. Following the thread is part of the fun.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

heenato posted:

On the bright side, it's mid september, that means most retailers are starting to get halloween stuff in again, that means the jack hunt is back!

Ugh, don't remind me. I love jack and all that, but I don't like how now every Fall Holiday needs to be advertised months in advance. They already have Christmas to turn into a year long advert, leave the fun holiday alone. :arghfist::(

VoidBurger posted:

I wanted you to enjoy yourself away from this game and I'm glad you did.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I just got through catching up on this. Thanks for being willing to suffer through this for our entertainment!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

VoidBurger posted:

PT has nothing to do with the story of Silent Hills, so says some disclaimers in PT.

Well, it IS Silent Hill, so...

What? The Evil Within has nothing to do with the Silent Hill franchise, though...?

Yeah, me and Bob are gonna do some cool stuff, I think!

What?

Sorry if this is late, but I was talking about whether or not you thought the game would be too much action moviey or didn't care for RE at all because Shinji Mikami was bringing his RE4 experience. Well that was before I actually saw how this could get legit scary in the Beth streams. As for the the other confusing part, I don't think any Silent Hill alumni was involved in Evil Within, but I was talking about a shared sense of horror revivalism along with Kojima Hill.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Hey, here's an awesome fanart from @BeaPeaBear on Twitter! All work and no play makes Jack a skullboy. :mmmhmm:

Also news: We did commentary on the final episode tonight! Hopefully it'll be up tomorrow or the day after. Sorry for the silly wait!

VoidBurger fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Sep 24, 2014

Myrmomancer
May 31, 2014

That's amazing! Looking forward to the finale of this thing. Not sure what to expect, but I have a feeling it will be disappointing.

Thanks again for this.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Not even one WA-HA? That's like 20% of Jack's vocabulary!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

VoidBurger posted:

Hey, here's an awesome fanart from @BeaPeaBear on Twitter! All work and no play makes Jack a skullboy. :mmmhmm:

Also news: We did commentary on the final episode tonight! Hopefully it'll be up tomorrow or the day after. Sorry for the silly wait!
Jack once again showing that his skills lie within his current vocation, and not beyond it.

He tried, though. He tried.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Shei-kun posted:

Jack once again showing that his skills lie within his current vocation, and not beyond it.

The Nightmare Before NaNoWriMo.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
My headphones broke! I can't really edit the audio without them (I have horrible speakers on my PC.) I ordered new ones, should be here in two days. That's the update. Love how many odd things are getting in the way of the final episode here. :arghfist::burger:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

You might be able to nail the thread's anniversary at this point.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
This LP is now and forever cursed.:spooky:

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

Crabtree posted:

This LP is now and forever cursed.:spooky:

I heard a legend the other day. If you look into a mirror and say Jack Skellington's name three times, he shows up behind you, whispers "Soul Robber!" into your ear, and tries to hit you with it.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Well, it wouldn't be a Halloween themed LP without a curse as famous as the LP curse coming up! :spooky:

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

You might be able to nail the thread's anniversary at this point.
Ugh, might as well at this point :sigh: This LP has pretty much been mirroring my life during the course of making this LP. It started out pretty optimistically, got BAD fast, had a very long, agonizing middle-to-end bit, and now I feel dead inside and I'm looking forward to doing anything but this. The curse is real.

Edit: ALSO my Blip account finally got hit by the LP purge, so all the Blip links that have ever existed from me are dead, lol. Since I couldn't edit with broken headphones, I spent my day reuploading and rejiggering all the links to send to baldurk to fix in the archive instead~. I haven't gotten to the Oogie ones yet (and I have to re-do all the images in the OP now because of this too, oh dang.)

VoidBurger fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 25, 2014

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

VoidBurger posted:

Ugh, might as well at this point :sigh: This LP has pretty much been mirroring my life during the course of making this LP. It started out pretty optimistically, got BAD fast, had a very long, agonizing middle-to-end bit, and now I feel dead inside and I'm looking forward to doing anything but this. The curse is real.

Edit: ALSO my Blip account finally got hit by the LP purge, so all the Blip links that have ever existed from me are dead, lol. Since I couldn't edit with broken headphones, I spent my day reuploading and rejiggering all the links to send to baldurk to fix in the archive instead~. I haven't gotten to the Oogie ones yet (and I have to re-do all the images in the OP now because of this too, oh dang.)

Not so much. I mean, it's not like ALL your games magically transmogrified into ShatMemz...

But, we appreciate your dedication and urge to triumph over obstacles. We really do.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
The Year of Living WaaHaafully

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ThatPazuzu posted:

The Year of Living WaaHaafully

Okay now, waahaat the hell are you talking about now?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

VoidBurger posted:

That explains the sudden surge of Shattered Memories vids in my sub list then.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
It's over! It's over! Your scheme was bound to fail!
It's over! You're finished here, you next stop will be jail???

Full Commentary
Cut Commentary

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
I said this one was better, and you did say that it was.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
That's a better arena and boss design than this game deserves.

Shame it's still thoroughly mediocre.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Why do all of Santa's fleshy reindeers have red noses?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Poor Oogie. He just wanted people to celebrate Bug Day again, to feel loved and important again. But noooooo, we just couldn't have that could we, Jack? Is it any wonder why Oogie felt that the only way he could get any recognition was by becoming the All Holidays King?

We won't even let him be the King of All Holidays' Trash. :smith:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Samovar posted:

Why do all of Santa's fleshy reindeers have red noses?

Peer pressure. Now they won't let you play in any reindeer games unless you paint your nose red.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Wa-holy poo poo, this was a dreary game. I can see why it took you so long to complete it. Even the final boss had padding.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Man, whahaat am I going to do without my Jyack fix? Thanks, VB et al. It was a...ride.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
So, what are those two secret Dreamcasts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Now I'm worried this game is going to never end for Void Burger as some sort of terrible LP PTSD. I demand to see video proof that she is finally enjoying her life again. :(

Good job finishing this year long nightmare, VB.

• Locked thread