Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Samizdata posted:

Man, whahaat am I going to do without my Jyack fix?

Start the healing process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Samizdata posted:

Man, whahaat am I going to do without my Jyack fix?

I guess you could become a soul robber.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Crabtree posted:

Now I'm worried this game is going to never end for Void Burger as some sort of terrible LP PTSD. I demand to see video proof that she is finally enjoying her life again. :(

Good job finishing this year long nightmare, VB.

Of course, life is going to be great.

Stay tuned for Let's Play Silent Hill: Book of Memories! :unsmigghh:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Waffleman_ posted:

Of course, life is going to be great.

Stay tuned for Let's Play Silent Hill: Book of Memories! :unsmigghh:

Press X To Cheryl would be way more fun than this.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Press X To Cheryl would be way more fun than this.

This game was literally Press X to WaaHaa, so it's apples and oranges.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
That song might actually have been passable if it wasn't for the few times they just... gave up and used the original lines, reminding us that this was once a better song.

I can't believe it's over. I mean really, I thought this game would go on forever, I was pretty sure it was haunted or cursed or something. Great LP though.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
WOW~

Sums up the game pretty well I think.

My girlfriend's three-year-old nephew has recently become a big fan of the "Halloween" song. One time he was quietly singing it to himself, his dad asked what he was doing, he muttered "pumpkin king..."

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Discendo Vox posted:

So, what are those two secret Dreamcasts?

The two secret chapters: Deadly Nightshade and Bone Biscuit Burglary

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Ah, right. The sadist in me was hoping to drag you back for some sort of bonus here's-what-I-missed video.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Now this is a time when 'beating' a game means overcoming it in an actual struggle rather than mere completion. Hail the conquering Burger and co.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Wow. That final boss was...so drat anti-climatic. The first phase was so drat boring. It was either impossible to take damage, or impossible to give it. And then the second phase was...alright I guess? The song didn't sound too terrible.

Plus I'm slightly surprised that they used the cut verse. I didn't expect them to actually take the time to do any sort of research.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I'm surprised it was just not "This is Halloween", again, for the last song.

Thanks for suffering for us 'burg, run free from the game, be free!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Santa Claus - I will gladly get the hell out this game.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Congrats on finishing this mess. And thank you for sacrificing your sanity to bring it to us.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
This finally answers the age old question: What would VoidBurger's Silent Hill be?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ThatPazuzu posted:

This finally answers the age old question: What would VoidBurger's Silent Hill be?

I can't wait for Kojima to release W.H.

Archaedes
Nov 3, 2013

AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
I'd be lying if I didn't say that there were some parts of this game that were absolutely unbearable to watch. The Hinterlands comes to mind and Christmas Town. Thank god this is over.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
They say that people sharing traumatic experiences gives them a stronger bond. Let's all hug.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

VoidBurger posted:

Bone Biscuit Burglary

Is that a euphemism?

Myrmomancer
May 31, 2014
Just to repeat it, thanks for finishing this. I'm pretty sure no one would have blamed you for ditching this thing, but you stuck it out.

The one thing I'll give this game: Even as bad, repetitive, and padded as it was, Oogie was still consistently great. No amount of garbage can keep a good sackmonster down. Also, that last song was better than I expected. There were good ideas and designs in this game, but the gameplay...:smith:

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

General Ironicus posted:

They say that people sharing traumatic experiences gives them a stronger bond. Let's all hug.

I'll never love again.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Thanks for sticking it out and playing the game the whole way through, now no one else will ever have to play this terrible mess.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Bad games of good movies make me sad. Oh well.

Thanks for showing it off anyway, VB.

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
I take it this game takes place after Jack discovered the Ramadan holiday door.

I think it's obvious that he converted.

You know... to...

WAH-HABISM!

(In other words, this game is an act of terrorism)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

Unfortunately, in my experience, that is pretty much the way it always goes.

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

To be fair, all movie-based games are bad. Even when the movie is itself based on a game (I'm looking at you, Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game).

Except Goldeneye, obviously. That is literally the only exception I can think of.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hammurabi posted:

To be fair, all movie-based games are bad. Even when the movie is itself based on a game (I'm looking at you, Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game).

Except Goldeneye, obviously. That is literally the only exception I can think of.

How about the Telltale Games stuff?

Eyre Kneed
Jul 1, 2008

Hammurabi posted:

Spider-Man 2 and X- Origins: Wolverine are the only ones I can think of but I'm sure there are more.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

There's also Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

MGN001
May 12, 2012

Hammurabi posted:

Escape from Butcher Bay was great.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MGN001 posted:

Escape from Butcher Bay was great.

Well, in my opinion, Starbreeze has yet to do a less than intriguing game.

Izzus
Mar 14, 2014

Hammurabi posted:

Dude have you never played The Warriors?

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Also Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Bladerunner.

Seems to me that adventure games are overrepresented when it comes to games from films.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Godfather got a pretty decent GTA clone (the second is fun even if it loses some of the charm of the original). Uhh, most of the Alien vs. Predator games (and hopefully Alien: Isolation will be good). The Ghostbusters game from a few years ago is wonderful and basically the third movie. John Woo's Hard Boiled film got a sequel in the Stranglehold video game.

I think it was the Alien: Isolation thread that mentioned exactly what causes licensed games to be poor: lack of care for the source material and an attempt to meet an arbitrary deadline. Most of the lovely tie-ins were made in a rush to come out while the film was still relevant, often without proper time to make a good, well-tested game. It's worse for E-rated games marketed toward kids, as developers figure that they don't give two shits about anything but the popular IP.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 2, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Actually, the story of Androcles and the Lion is not one of Aesop's fables, but a story from somewhere else. Aesop's "The Lion and The Mouse" does have a similar moral, though it's kind of told the other way 'round.

I do like the concept of that last boss, but the final form is just kind of... too dance fighty. If that makes sense?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The final piece of unlicensed fanart.

The Sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Tunicate posted:

The final piece of unlicensed fanart.

The Sun.

Looks like Oogie powered up to become the shadow on the sun instead.

• Locked thread