Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

I loving love photo books. I should have started posting here earlier.
Here are my newest acquisitions/stuff thats currently on my desk:

Untitled by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

Alkanphel's book is awesome. Nuff said.

DSCF5003 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

Technically not a book per se, but one of those artsy fashion magazines printed on super heavy paper with the tears of angels (and priced accordingly). Some really interesting stuff there, but it kinda tries too hard to be edgy.

DSCF5006 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

Michael Wolf's Hong Kong: front door/back door is kinda disappointing. I really like this guys stuff in general, and the work in this book is strong, but on a technical level a lot of these images fall apart. A great deal of images are muddy and unsharp, as if they are severe crops taken from an early digital sensor (which might be the case). I had a chance to see his later work from Transparent City in person, which was printed huge, and it didn't seem to suffer such problems. I feel like the book was printed too big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

Got a fat stack of Life Library of Photography books, at a local Goodwill for a 50 cents a piece. Really awesome set of books dealing with different facets of photography, and filled with Life Magazines gorgeous photos.
The information in these books is really good too, especially if you are shooting film. There is a whole section in one of the books on diagnosing problems in color negative development for example, and one for preparing your film gear for arctic environments. I highly recommend them, especially since last time I looked amazon resellers have them even cheaper than what I got them for.

_DSF0044 by Maciej, on Flickr
_DSF0046 by Maciej, on Flickr_DSF0049 by Maciej, on Flickr_DSF0051 by Maciej, on Flickr

Putrid Grin fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 6, 2015

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

I have bought one of them, and can attest to alkanphel and magcloud's quality.

• Locked thread