Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

try it with a lime posted:

If you're a fan of Missy Prince, she's being featured in the next Selektor magazine.

http://selektor.fr/magazine/missyprince/

Pre-ordered this. Can't wait, she's rad.

Also, Mossless vol 3 is great, but I really don't like the book design. The photos are small and jammed together and the text is too small. I got it and kinda felt like, really?

There's an article in today's NYT about a book called "Project Lives", which is a collection of photographs taken by kids in NYC projects using disposable cameras. It looks pretty interesting (and all royalties go to NYCHA programs).

Link: http://www.powerhousebooks.com/books/project-lives/

VomitOnLino posted:

Have you read Shore's "The nature of Photographs"?
It is also throughly excellent and I can't recommend it enough.
His writing style is brief, but quite dense so you will probably have to re-read some paragraphs. It's totally worth it, however.

Just bought this from the Strand as well and I've been reading it slowly. There's not much text, but I'm enjoying it.

Oh, and speaking of selektor, does anyone have the either of their two prior releases (Alex Cretey Systermans and Shane Lynam)? I like both of their work a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So, does anyone know anything about printing a photo zine? How one would even go about doing that?

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

365 Nog Hogger posted:

I folded up some paper into a 1/4 sheet zine and laid out my photos and then unfolded it to get my print layout, put that into a pdf and got doublesided color copies which I sliced in half and stapled and then lost money selling them all because making money on zines is not very punx

lol if you think the point of a zine is to make money not to print at huge expense and foist on family and friends who will slot it into a bookcase and throw it out the next time they move (that's my plan at least).

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Just saw that Curran Hatleberg is releasing a book later this fall with TBW Books. I really like his stuff. Cant seem to find a place to order it, but I guess I'll keep an eye out.

http://www.vice.com/read/lost-coast-0000714-v22n8

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

feigning interest posted:

I've never ordered directly from Mossless but that's pretty standard for small independent publishers TBH. Same goes for record labels. It's usually one person handling everything shipping related so it's not exactly fast.

Any new york goons going to the New York Art Book Fair next weekend, Sept 18-20? If you have any interest in photo books or zines you really should try to make it down there.

Godammit I'll be out of town for a wedding. gently caress, I'd really like to go.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Ima buy all your zines. I'm also putting together one, tho I have no idea when I'll be done with it.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Anyone want a copy of Stephen Shore's "The Nature of Photographs"?

I got a copy for Christmas but already own it.

Willing to send for free to any goon in the continental US.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/Nature-Photographs-Stephen-Shore/dp/071484585X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Karl Barks posted:

I'll take it if you let me pay for shipping at least :)

Nah, don't worry about it. It's media mail, cheap.

PM me your address.

• Locked thread