Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

MrBlandAverage posted:

Yep, second edition. :getin:

This in on the way to my place, too. Can't loving wait!

Also you really owe yourself to buy Matthias Heiderich's book, called Spektrum Berlin, too!
It's drop dead gorgeous! I have never seen such pop-art new topographics before, but he totally loving nails it!

Link here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

bobmarleysghost posted:

Read through it, it was great. I need to find more like it.
One thing did bug me about it though. It was his prose, or grammar or what have you. He keeps interjecting "in my opinion", "it seems to me", and its variants, and it just feels super unnecessary. We know it's his opinion, he wrote the book.

But yea, good book in all other respects.

Have you read Shore's "The nature of Photographs"?
It is also throughly excellent and I can't recommend it enough.
His writing style is brief, but quite dense so you will probably have to re-read some paragraphs. It's totally worth it, however.

• Locked thread