Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I'd like to see all of your photobook collections. Do you have a stack in a corner? Or are they sprawled on the coffee table? In your lab?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Sturdier shelves!

Awesome collection though. Def jelly.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I got this form Amazon for $15.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

try it with a lime posted:

Why People Photograph by Robert Adams

Buy this loving book.

I got a copy for a dollar at used book sale and I managed to tear through the entire thing in one sitting. I've read and enjoyed excerpts from his essays on ASX in the past, but I never expected for thoughts I've had ruminating in my mind about photography to be defined so well and given such clear voice. I cannot emphasize this enough, if you enjoy or agonize thinking about your photography, buy this book now.

Read through it, it was great. I need to find more like it.
One thing did bug me about it though. It was his prose, or grammar or what have you. He keeps interjecting "in my opinion", "it seems to me", and its variants, and it just feels super unnecessary. We know it's his opinion, he wrote the book.

But yea, good book in all other respects.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

What happened to the zine exchange ting that was about to go down?

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Where do you find second hand photobooks?

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

For some reason I never thought to check those sites. I wonder if the second hand photo book market is super niche.
Time to dive into the net and see what I can find.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I'd like a copy actually.
$4 for 50 copies is nothing! I'm gonna do the same. $4 per copy is still not bad.

PS. The title font (and the capitalised letters font) is really bad.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

We should create a Dorkroom zine in all honesty.

Ps yes if you have a zine you should be posting it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

You got a link that I can use to throw cash money in your face with?

E: disregard, didn't notice the links

bobmarleysghost fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 12, 2015

• Locked thread