Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Found this today:

Pretty funny seeing what constituted cutting edge photographic technique/subject in 1934.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

BobTheCow posted:

"Kim" is Kim Kardashian West, and "Selfish" is her book of hundreds of her selfies. She doesn’t waste time refuting the predictable accusations. She instead goes full-bore on the project, with artful and convincing obsessiveness. Many of the pictures are imperfect, taken in low light, and with lurid colors — which is part of why they are good photos.

:raise:

poo poo like this is why I will never go to Art Basel

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
I got this before Christmas. This is Nowhere by Jeremy Koreski. I backed it on Kickstarter because I met Jeremy on a trip to BC a few years ago.

It's really just an ode to the British Columbia coast, in and and around Vancouver Island, Tofino, etc. 1 part Surf, 1 part Flyfishing, 1 part WIldlife, 1 part Landscape. Lots of beautiful work though.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Is anybody aware of any photo mags printed with Blurb's magazine printing service? I'm thinking about putting something together and just want to get my hands on an example or two for layout inspiration and to see how the cover weight feels.

this review makes them look pretty nice, but definitely want to get one in hand.
http://www.learningsurfphotography.com/review-blurb-magazine-print-on-demand-service/

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
awesome, I like their pricing and I like the idea of a perfectbound mag rather than a hardback book. I only wish they did perfect bound landscape orientation as 95% of my images are landscape but I'll just have to get creative with the layouts and recrop a bunch of stuff I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

alkanphel posted:

I'm pretty sure you can do them as perfect bound landscape orientation.

As far as I could tell they only offer spiral bound for landscape. I'll look again though

• Locked thread