Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zemyla posted:

What about honey? Can you flood hell with honey?

You can, but you'll have to get rid of the honey afterwards or else your highway will make you super slow. Actually, I'm not sure if crispy honey blocks(what happens when lava meets honey) do that anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

RatHat posted:

Actually, I'm not sure if crispy honey blocks(what happens when lava meets honey) do that anyway.

Nah, it's only the water/honey blocks that slow you down.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
What should the dimensions of a room be if I wanna put all the crafting stuff in it?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

InfinityComplex posted:

Even with dynamite.

(Even digging to hell with dynamite on a large world took a long loving time, especially with water and lava screwing with your mining)

Dynamite? Pshh real men dig down to hell with a rocket launcher and rocket IVs :cool:.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Cerony posted:

What should the dimensions of a room be if I wanna put all the crafting stuff in it?

Every single crafting thing? Because there are a lot that only craft like 1-10 things. Here's a complete list though.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Read posted:

Every single crafting thing? Because there are a lot that only craft like 1-10 things. Here's a complete list though.

Oh, I haven't actually seen those that they recently added. I had always just put all of the crafting stations in one long room making it even longer when I needed room for another station. Didn't really like how it looked and wanted to come up with a better idea of how to organize it.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
There are some sample layouts here http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Guide:Crafting_101 but nothing is relaly perfect there's just to many crafting stations.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
There should be a "univsersal constructor" item. Where you combine all the various crafting stations into a single item at a demon altar, and then you can place it in your base and as long as you have the materials, you can craft EVERYTHING.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

robziel posted:

There are some sample layouts here http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Guide:Crafting_101 but nothing is relaly perfect there's just to many crafting stations.

Most of the new crafting stations don't really need to be close since they only craft 1 item. The only one I'd say is really useful is the Imbuing station, and that's only if you use melee/ranged most of the time.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Also, the obvious Alchemy Table/Best-Available Forge/Best-Available Anvil trifecta.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I only meant the new crafting stations. Most of the old ones are still really useful.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

HC trip report: RIP :gibs:
Paladins really don't gently caress around.

I've recreated the character and am playing in the same world to at least see all the new stuff, but the challenge is over. Maybe some other time... :arghfist::reject:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Powercrazy posted:

There should be a "univsersal constructor" item. Where you combine all the various crafting stations into a single item at a demon altar, and then you can place it in your base and as long as you have the materials, you can craft EVERYTHING.
This would have been a bad idea some time ago, but now that we have an awesome crafting grid to view long recipe lists all at once, I'd be much more comfortable with a universal crafting bench.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Is there some trick to getting Moonglow seeds? I've been searching the Jungle at night, but can't seem to find a single plant. Are they just really rare, or do you have to go into the underground?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

omeg posted:

HC trip report: RIP :gibs:
Paladins really don't gently caress around.

I've recreated the character and am playing in the same world to at least see all the new stuff, but the challenge is over. Maybe some other time... :arghfist::reject:

The trick with paladins is one you have line of sight with them, don't stop attacking, and if you need to get away, break line of sight ASAP.

My preferred method for taking care of them is to dig a 3 tile wide tunnel (paladin's can't fit through 2 tiles) down from one dungeon room or passage to another below it, then cast two nimbus clouds and attack through your preferred ranged weapon / gun / magic until they're dead. Also effective for farming for ectoplasm.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Tin Tim posted:

Is there some trick to getting Moonglow seeds? I've been searching the Jungle at night, but can't seem to find a single plant. Are they just really rare, or do you have to go into the underground?

They're not really rare, but like all alchemy plants, when the game first spawns them they look like a little immature grass that has to grow up before it blooms/is harvestable. This can take a few days. If you have been running through there often cutting all the grass, you're probably destroying all the immature moonglow before it has a chance to bloom. Clear out the shrubs, leave the jungle for a few days and come back. That said, they do seem to be more common underground, so if you are buff enough to handle the underground jungle, then just explore down there at night time.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Mzbundifund posted:

If you have been running through there often cutting all the grass, you're probably destroying all the immature moonglow before it has a chance to bloom.
Yeah, that's probably the issue. I recently got into a new world, and already searched the jungle on day three or so. Figured that they'd regrow quicker, but thanks for the info! Oh well, I was about to build stuff anyway, so I can use that to pass a few days.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Any way to effectively farm angry nimbus? Is there a way to force the weather to rain?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

andrew smash posted:

Any way to effectively farm angry nimbus? Is there a way to force the weather to rain?

Outside of TEdit, not that I'm aware of. :(

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I set up a spikey ball trap system in the dungeon that makes it pretty easy to farm. I waited until the harder monsters but I would suggest you do it before. Make sure the spot you stand has dungeon music playing. You wont be able to AFK because of the caster guys.

I have killed the golem and all the other bosses. Is the only thing left the Halloween event and farming the keys to open dungeon chest?

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

Ignimbrite posted:

The trick with paladins is one you have line of sight with them, don't stop attacking, and if you need to get away, break line of sight ASAP.

My preferred method for taking care of them is to dig a 3 tile wide tunnel (paladin's can't fit through 2 tiles) down from one dungeon room or passage to another below it, then cast two nimbus clouds and attack through your preferred ranged weapon / gun / magic until they're dead. Also effective for farming for ectoplasm.

I've always had good success with them camping just around a bend (preferably above the paladin) and unloading chlorophyll bullets into him. Also if you can summon a hydra it becomes trivial since you can summon hydras anywhere on the screen, even out of your own LoS.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I need to dig out an area for Plantera now. You know, at least expand the nearest big open area a bit. Ugh.

edit: beat Plantera. Somehow the Queen Bee managed to spawn at the same time, which was weird. Plantera wasn't too bad with campfires and heart lanterns sprinkled around.

gently caress the dungeon though. Jesus.

crestfallen fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 8, 2013

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

:stare:

IRC posted:

00:32 < omeg> huh.. spectre armor with butterfly wings seem... appropriate, somehow
00:33 < omeg> BUTTERFLY OF DOOM
00:33 < omeg> although it doesn't feel that OP
00:38 < omeg> hm, shadowbeam staff
00:39 < omeg> holy poo poo this is nice
00:39 < omeg> and inferno fork just dropped \o\
00:40 < omeg> and another one @_@
00:40 < omeg> lol
00:42 < omeg> oh god, NOW I'm the proper butterfly of doom
00:42 < omeg> and magnet sphere
00:42 < omeg> I think something broke
00:43 < omeg> I was in the dungeon for hours and only got ectoplasm and some trinkets

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Amusingly, I had a similar span of "holy poo poo, everything is dropping!" myself when I got my Fork and Nimbus Rod.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I've also got a black belt, a tabi and two bone feathers now. Praise the RNG!

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
Forgive the multiple thumbnails as photo stitching is not something I am good at, as I just discovered.

Good news is I've made a lot of progress reaching the main power generators, and landings may be started.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Goddam Planterras second form is hard as balls solo

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Goddam Planterras second form is hard as balls solo

I just did this. I found a bulb, found the nearest big cavern area, and dug out a bunch more. A couple rows of platforms, plenty of space to run and fly around. I sprinkled the area with campfires and heart lanterns. If I had heart + star statues, I would have used those too. I also covered the jungle grass with blocks to prevent those gigantic vines and stuff from spawning.

Then it's just buffing up, getting some Nimbus Clouds going, and shooting the fucker a million times. Make sure to pee on him so he constantly has the defense debuff.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I was flying around a central island in a massive naturally generated cave kinda near the surface, and landed in honey all the time, and didn't fall below 300HP until he transformed, at which point I did about 5k damage before getting wrecked. I'll try the platform method.

I have a bunch of drops from the hardmode dungeon, but I'm trying not to use them until I unlock it because I got them in multiplayer and I'm just playing solo a bit while my friends aren't here, but the piss spell seems to wreck him so long as you don't get hit.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Man, spectre armor has made me complacent, for pretty much every boss I can just stand in one place and the fight is over in less than a minute.

I can consistently get to wave 13 solo for the Pumpkin Moon. Don't know if I can make it farther without help. It takes too long to kill each pumpking. Of course, the only drop I still need is the raven staff, but it's nice to be challenged anyway.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Hummingbirds posted:

I can consistently get to wave 13 solo for the Pumpkin Moon. Don't know if I can make it farther without help. It takes too long to kill each pumpking. Of course, the only drop I still need is the raven staff, but it's nice to be challenged anyway.

You using all the buffs? Run a Magic Power Potion, eat a pumpkin pie, and make sure you have clicked a Crystal Ball.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
Do campfires stack with each other or should I just have one of those and one heart lantern in my arena?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I was flying around a central island in a massive naturally generated cave kinda near the surface, and landed in honey all the time, and didn't fall below 300HP until he transformed, at which point I did about 5k damage before getting wrecked. I'll try the platform method.

I have a bunch of drops from the hardmode dungeon, but I'm trying not to use them until I unlock it because I got them in multiplayer and I'm just playing solo a bit while my friends aren't here, but the piss spell seems to wreck him so long as you don't get hit.

Central island is your problem. I tried that my first couple times and got my poo poo wrecked on second form, then I hollowed out the island and made paths all through with a bunch of platforms and it was a lot easier. You also NEED to be wearing a Cobalt or Obsidian Shield if you're not because the knockback will make it basically impossible for you to maneuver enough to avoid getting hit to death even with otherwise great gear.

If you're really desperate, mage is kinda underpowered for Plantera until you get Spectre Armor so what I did to beat him the first time was make Shroomite Armor and hit him with a Megashark with crystal and chlorophyte bullets. It will wreck his poo poo faster than pee shower will, which is basically what you need for form 2.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.

BlueOccamy posted:

Do campfires stack with each other or should I just have one of those and one heart lantern in my arena?

A campfire + heart lantern stack. 2 campfires or 2 heart lanterns do not stack. Depending on how big your arena is, you may need more than one of each. Heart lanterns go a little farther than campfires.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.

Sorry for not being more clear. Just hit him with piss for a second so he gets the debuff, then shoot the gently caress out of him. Megashark plus crystal bullets is what I used. I had the frost armor set. I also used the nimbus clouds just in case he happened to stop in the vicinity of one, they do a lot of damage.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I found another spawner and placed probably 500 platforms across 4 levels with heart lanterns and campfires and kited him around in a big circle using the clouds and piss, and it worked. The only time I fell under 200 HP was before I killed all the extra vines it spawns with the piss penetration.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

The only time I fell under 200 HP was before I killed all the extra vines it spawns with the piss penetration.

You can kill those?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

mr. mephistopheles posted:

You can kill those?

Apparently, by the end of the fight the only thing there was the head.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
They become targettable and multiply in stage 2. Frustratingly makes the fight last a lot longer if you rely on green bullets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

You using all the buffs? Run a Magic Power Potion, eat a pumpkin pie, and make sure you have clicked a Crystal Ball.

Didn't know about magic power potion, added that in and I made it to wave 14 :) Has anyone actually beat the event? There's just so many Pumpkings at the end, it seems like there simply isn't enough time to do it solo.

• Locked thread