Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Someone explain ropes for me. Because I'm having a hard time getting a lot of use out of them. They seem to only go vertical, I'm having a hard time doing much with them because I can't get horizontal to get around overhangs, get up area where I can't reach the ceiling with one shot, etc. like I remember doing with the grappling hook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

Akett posted:

Well you can turn ten of them into a throwable coil, but you need to hit the bottom of an overhead block for them to work. You can place ropes horizontally, but it's slower to traverse ropes that way.

Yeah, but my problem is I can't figure out how to get them to uncoil after I am done with them, short of hacking them down bit by bit, which is really irritating as well as often impractical.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

Male Man posted:

That's the only way to get them down, but why bother? Ropes are expendable. Put up what you need to traverse an area and then leave it.

Because I can't leave resources behind like that. Trust me.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What is special about "living wood" blocks? They appear to basically just be the same thing as normal wood harvested normally.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

Is there any estimate as to the timing of the next big patch? I want to play this again, but if it is going to be out in a month or so, I'd rather just wait. On the other hand, if we're talking six months, I might just play now.

• Locked thread