Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
My main world is Corruption (pre-hardmode), but I want an artificial Crimson biome for fighting the Brain of Cthulhu. How much Crimstone do I need?

Also, why aren't there Crimtane Bricks like there are Demonite Bricks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Logan 5 posted:

:raise: Interestingly, Terraria gets Palladium wrong too. It's a bright silvery element, not orange.
The vast majority of metals are silvery in real life. They probably exaggerate/change the colors so people aren't going, "Is this Tin, Iron, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, Mythril, or Titanium?"

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

The Leper Colon V posted:

The larger your world, the less effective it is. By draining both, you can actually bridge almost all of hell on a Small world, but even a Medium, it's just more trouble than it's worth to dig that far down.
What about honey? Can you flood hell with honey?

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Tin Tim posted:

Is that just something that I have to deal with due to setting up my own farm? Would kinda suck, because I really don't like the jungle music!
When you get to hardmode, drop 2 gold for a music box from the wizard. You can get pretty much any theme for your base.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Anyways, I figured out how to harvest buckets of plants quickly and easily. Let me show you my proof-of-concept glowing mushroom farm.

Here it is when it's ready to harvest.

The magic is hidden, with wires and actuators.

When you flip the switch, all the mushroom grass de-actuates without dying, and all the mushrooms on it turn into items. Here it is de-actuated.

It should also work without modifications for daybloom and regular mushrooms, deathweed and vile mushrooms, moonglow and jungle spores, and blinkroot. Waterleaf would require an actuator flipping both the sand and the block supporting it, and wouldn't let you put water on it to make it bloom without spilling everywhere; however, it will still get you waterleaf plants. Same deal goes for ash and lava for fireblossoms.

Also, deactuating the mushroom grass doesn't change the biome, so you can't use this to easily change what solution the Steampunker is selling.

EDIT: According to the wiki, actuators don't break herbs? Still, you can use dart traps to harvest the herbs, and actuators to make them all fall down upon you for easy gathering.

Zemyla fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 28, 2013

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

Oggumogoggum posted:

Then I'm going to start farming the pumpkin moon for the best wings and grappling hook.
You can farm the Pumpkin Moon for the Hoverboard and Ivy Whip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

TerryLennox posted:

Dyes stack. Try stocking dyes...see how many chests you need.
Dyes don't stack because they're items that go into your inventory slots. Nothing that goes into inventory slots stacks. Armor doesn't, vanity items don't, accessories don't.

• Locked thread