Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Loving the new patch, ropes are my favorite addition so far. Since I spawned right next to a giant tree, I decided to make my attempt at an elf-style tree house. I take it that there's a way to make living wood?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Trilin posted:

Has anyone been able to mod that awfully annoying pain sound men make. That poo poo drives me crazy. :psyduck:

Play as a girl, you get a different annoying pain sound. :v:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Reason posted:

As someone who hasn't done hardmode yet, is it better to start a new world? People are posting their castles and it makes me feel like mine is really poorly defended am I going to need great defenses for a hardmode castle?

There was one enemy mob you had to watch out for pre-patch but I think it's been nerfed now. I do recommend floating your base, just don't float it too high, as there's an enemy that spawns at high altitudes that will brutally murder you and your NPCs.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Pilchenstein posted:

Red went a bit nuts with the new "npcs can tell what kind of biome they're in" code. Ok, so the mushroom guy can only live in a mushroom house, it's annoying that you can't fit him in with whatever theme you're working to for housing, but ok. There's really no need for all the other npcs to sell different things based on what kind of biome they're living in though, that's just loving irritating.

Solution: build multiple shelters across the different biomes and relocate NPCs as needed. :eng101:

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 6, 2013

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Honestly I have no problem with overpowered equipment. I find it baffling that there are people who don't enjoy being an overpowered god of destruction. :psyduck:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I noticed you can now make either a drill or a pickaxe and either an axe or chainsaw out of the hardmode ores. What's the difference? Incase you don't like drills or chainsaws i guess?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

So I finished my Specter armor and got a Mythical Shadowbeam. Holy crap I'm spamming near-instagib lasers that bounce off walls and heals me. Now if I could get my hands on a Magnet Sphere, drat drop rates! :argh:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Shadowbeam Staff, Spectre Armor, and whatever accessories you have that boost magical damage seem to be a good way to farm enemies in Hardmode Dungeon. Of course, I got lucky with my Shadowbeam drop but hey that's how I'm farming the Dungeon.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Lava pits are awesome because there's something both humorous and satisfying to watch zombies and bunnies literally jump into your pool of hot liquid death. The sound enemies make when dying makes me laugh. A nice "SQUISH!" sound for fleshy things and a nice death gurgle for undead.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 10, 2013

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Wait, you can make Farts In A Jar? What is this, Saint's Row?
I totally want one.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

TwystNeko posted:

Ugh. I am bad at the video games. I still can't kill Plantera - I just don't do nearly enough damage to him. I've now got Adamantite armor, I pull him to the surface, and I can't even get him down to halfway. I have a golden shower, a Mythical Frost Staff (71 dmg in caster gear!), a mushroom spear, a zealous ice bow shooting hellfire arrows.. and nothing works. He just stomps the crap out of me.

Halp!

Lure him to the surface and have an arena or a big open space to fight him. Equip any jump enhancing accessories such as Wings and make sure they have the "Warded" Prefix, which adds +4 to defense. You do have Wings at this point, right? Mobility is key. You can't just facetank bosses and expect to win, gotta keep moving.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

All these cool bases and creations, and all I can do is lame-rear end :effort: style towers. Now granted, I fill these towers will cool decorations and such. Honestly though I like having access to all my NPCs close together so I don't mind just building apartment complexes. I'm more interested in finding upgrades for my character and slaughtering monsters that get in my way. :black101:

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 13, 2013

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

The goggles and sunglasses will also show your hair while looking cool at the same time.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Angry Diplomat posted:

Grow tired of your omnipotence. Look upon your glorious castle with weary eyes. Take to the skies on wings of fire and look down at the world you have remade in your image. Destroy it. Destroy it all.

Funny you mentioned that, because I did something like this back before the 1.2 update. There is something cathartic about blowing up your old hideout.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

It can get annoying but it's not a bad idea in theory. I guess keep whatever accessories and gear you use often in your piggy bank and safe.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

That's awesome and I may have to steal your idea. That must have taken alot of tin and stone to build.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I miss the Hamdrax, it was nice having an all-in-one tool that could dismantle everything in a few seconds.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Sandstone is probably my favorite building material, and the walls look great if you mix them with the grass walls the Dryad sells, gives it a sort of overgrown ruins feeling. Normally I'm not very creative and build :effort: style towers, but I'm pretty happy with my layout so far, probably turn it into a floating pyramid, Laputa style castle, or maybe even a Jedi Temple, I haven't decided yet.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

XkyRauh posted:

When my group moved to Hardmode in our first 1.2 world, a Blood Moon happened as soon as the sun went down. The very first enemy I killed (one of those Corrupter Worm things underground) dropped a K.O. Cannon. Looking in the Wiki, it's a pretty darn rare drop, and ultimately not all that powerful, but as a "Welcome to 1.2 Hardmode" weapon, it's really fun. :) I like how fast it fires at point-blank range, and I appreciate that it's an auto-firing weapon.

You'll love the Golem Fist, it's basically an upgraded version of the K.O. Cannon.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

The only solution I can think of is to wall off the Jungle with a 4-5 block thick barrier made out of uncorruptable blocks. That would take alot of time, effort, and blocks.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

So what happens now if you lure Plantera out to the surface? What does him "enraging" actually mean?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

DrPlump posted:

The most interesting aspect about starting hard mode is they old monsters still spawn. At first I was worried because some of them are hard enough without the new monsters. Then I got golden showers and I never even notice them before they die from stray piss.

It's always hilarious to summon one of the pre hardmode bosses and see how quickly you can kill them with your new gear. I've been able to kill Eye of Cthulhu without giving him a chance to transform into his second form, stuff like that really shows how powerful you have gotten.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 6, 2013

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Well there goes any motivation to reinstall this game. I guess they're doing me a favor though, I've already wasted 300+ hours on this game, I think I'm done with Terraria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

So what's the optimal setup now that magic is hella nerfed?

• Locked thread