Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Hell looks pretty awesome now. And it looks like you can make doors and platforms out of obsidian now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Blood Moons in a meteor crator are pretty insane. 7-8 Meteor heads coming in constantly. Even spamming vilethorn they just don't stop.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Hardmode jungle does NOT gently caress around :stare:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Jesus christ eclipses are no joke. I had to have died like ten times to draculas humping my butt.

I got into a part of my based that the reapers could get into but nothing else but didn't get a scythe :(

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Tarquinn posted:

This turns all events into a joke:

Of course I am omitting the fact that you have to build underground, but if you're fed up dealing with eclipses, blood moons and invasions and turn them into easy money and item farming, this is the way to go.

Yeah, this is what the part of the base I was in looks like:

So similar concept minus the spiky bits, just that yours is much neater and better set-out than mine, hah. :)

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Tarquinn posted:

Where's the lava trap in your setup?

Still being generated, I just had all my spare lava buckets dumped into that partition on the right at the time :v: Easier than lugging it up from the deep caverns / hell.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Got 2 hardmode drops, a nimbus rod which summons a rain cloud that hits everything below it and owns pretty hard, and a KO Cannon, which is sort of like a harpoon except the projectile bit is a boxing glove :v:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Alternative to using meteor shot to find a Floating Island, make some gravitation potions and fly through the sky by moving sideways and flipping gravity every little while, you get a nice coverage by zig-zagging that way. Just make sure you land before the time runs out unless you have someway to slow down falling, like a sandstorm / blizzard / cloud in a bottle.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Are the dungeons just always blue all the time now? I've generated four worlds and all the dungeons are blue on blue. I wiped my game and started over so now I don't have any pink dungeon blocks and those amused me.

Nope, the one in my main world is pink, though I think there might be an assorted bunch of coloured bits throughout it.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I haven't beaten the Destroyer in 1.2 yet, but the shroom spear you get from the fungus NPC would be very effective against him since it pierces through blocks by leaving leaving some mushrooms that persist a few seconds after you attack and do damage.

E: Yeah, as long as you have something strong enough to quickly defeat the little drones that come off the destroyer (like the shroom spear), 2 Nimbus rod clouds will annihilate him.

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 8, 2013

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Snow may be resistant to spread but ice isn't, keep your eye on that.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Logan 5 posted:

Godspeed you crazy goon. I think I'll try my hand a castle again once I'm done with the dome and its dunegon.

Also this is a neat idea for making a tree, if you don't mind having to jump over it every time (not mine):

I used a similar effect in my base to make some platforms look (sort of) like a spiral staircase:

The black is a single line of obsidian walls. I put the torches over the parts that they are on to try and force some perspective.

e: Please don't berate how spartan my NPC's rooms are, I'm still working on it.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Even a single mourning wood kicks my rear end, I got to about wave 7 and 2 or 3 showed up at once and I was basically going die-spawn-die-spawn-die-spawn from all their projectiles.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Wow, Magnet Sphere and the Spectre set absolutely annihilates the Golem.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Okay so I want to get some ichor for magic stuff, I have a world with crimson that I've activated hard mode in, but I'm not finding any of the monster that drops ichor. Does it have a low spawn rate or something?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I just found an entrance into the lower parts of the crimson near my hellevator and farmed up enough there in pretty short order, thanks :v:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

omeg posted:

HC trip report: RIP :gibs:
Paladins really don't gently caress around.

I've recreated the character and am playing in the same world to at least see all the new stuff, but the challenge is over. Maybe some other time... :arghfist::reject:

The trick with paladins is one you have line of sight with them, don't stop attacking, and if you need to get away, break line of sight ASAP.

My preferred method for taking care of them is to dig a 3 tile wide tunnel (paladin's can't fit through 2 tiles) down from one dungeon room or passage to another below it, then cast two nimbus clouds and attack through your preferred ranged weapon / gun / magic until they're dead. Also effective for farming for ectoplasm.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I've seen lots of pearlstone and pink ice but no crystal shards. I just don't seem to have an underground hallow, since nothing I kill will drop a soul of light.

Have to be below the lower cave level (so where the background changes to the darker rock background from the lighter rock background) for crystals to spawn. If you're having problems with lack of underground hollow, get some holy water and seed some hollow relatively deep. If you have a clentaminator, use that with hollow fluid.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

The problem is that the best-of-the-best equipment (Vamp Knives, Nimbus Rod, Magnet Sphere, Inferno Fork) are really tough to get, but they're totally unnecessary until you're ready to face the Pumpkin Moon.

Nimbus rod isn't that hard to get, it's just getting lucky with Angry Nimbus spawns when it's raining. I got my nimbus rod before I killed any Hardmode boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I AM THE LORD OF THIS PLACE. WHAT DO YOU SEEK?

• Locked thread