Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
In a world with Copper, Lead, Tungsten, and Platinum, it seems like Iron, Silver, and Gold got replaced. Does this mean I can't build specific things like a Sawmill since it requires Iron?

Also what would be the first boss[es] I take on? I'm almost finished making a Tungsten armor set, I have a powerful Undertaker and that crimson heart spear, an ice blade, an enchanted ice boomerang, and a ton of Spiked balls.

Also my Platinum pickaxe still can't mine lots of the good poo poo like crimson blocks, Should I search out those meteorites and try mining/bombing them? this game changed so much since I last played it [Release]

Dizz fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

The only Pyramid I saw in my world just had steps downwards into some large room with a gold chest which I think gave me a bottle of sandstorm, it went deeper but was just a dead end. I felt cheated.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Welp. Got an Arms dealer, Bought 1000 bullets, Gunned down Skeletor, Cthulu's eye, and 3 Brains. I think I am ready for Hard Mode.

Is there any way to reliably find floating islands? I have a shadow key which I think lets me open a chest but I can't find any.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Yeah I had a gravity potion once but I forgot that hitting Escape didn't pause the game when I had to leave the computer suddenly and I died from fall damage. At least I have a giant M on my map now.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Real men play on the large maps. I just wish I could get Hermes boots already so I didn't have to use sandstorm bottle/hook shenanigans to speed myself up when traveling.

Also I'm not sure how good endgame pickaxes are but bombs are my go to way of going downwards.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Rynoto posted:

Very first chest in the Temple

:getin:

Edit: Now shown: A flying turtle pet from a Jungle shrine.
:neckbeard:

Have to leave it unequipped because it looks like it's constantly attacking, though.

This update makes everything feel so new and awesome.

I want that turtle pet to follow me with my penguin pet.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Can i actually flood hell to leave a layer of obsidian on most of the lava? I'd like a place where i can relax without having to panick about if that small puddle of lava is going to knock 70 life off me while I'm doing acrobatics all over the place trying to avoid demons and getting enough hellstone.

Also I have an underground jungle biome that's loving giant as poo poo. I think it beats my dungeon's size and my current cave tunnel to hell.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Fewd posted:

Newcomers to the village are only told myths, nay, legends, of what lies beneath.

You can also put Honey and Honeycombs in there, that kinda looks like nasty poo.

E: It also has the added effect of slowing the guide down a lot.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

So I just got into hardmode after my 5th try [decided to stop being lazy and make flat areas to run on while shooting at that dumb wall.] What should be my first order of business now?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

So I just killed Plantera and got a Pygmy staff. Is the Tiki set very good or should I just stick with the Spectre stuff and Magnet Sphere / Magical Harp everything?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is it possible to AFK farm the hardmode dungeon? or will there be something that will demolish me before pygmies can kill it / spiked traps kill it?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

If I'm going to farm for biome keys, Do I have to go way deep for a chance of it dropping? or can I just sit at the top and kill stuff there?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Heavy neutrino posted:

I wish some of the NPCs could defend themselves. Seems like some of them should be able to (Arms dealer, Wizard, Demolitionist and the like).

You'd think they could, seeing as one sells guns and another one has an infinite supply of explosives.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

All I needed for the twins was a megashark, gravity potions, and at least 2000 crystal bullets for each. Regardless, it's a bit unnecessary in my opinion.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I still think the spectre gear is really strong. What should have happened to the set was not nerf what it does, but how to make it. Because Ectoplasm farming is relatively easy.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

benzine posted:

Changelog:
Dungeon Spirit spawn chance has been lowered.

It's still a thing of "Kill a lot of things in the hardmode dungeon to get this good loot" instead of something like "Combine 5 of each gem with 1 ectoplasm".

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

RatHat posted:

What's the easiest way to find Floating Islands? Gravitation potions? How many would I need to explore all of a small world?

If you have a grappling hook, just make a giant nerd pole of sand and just build a skyrail unless you're making new maps for the sake of treasure and sky/cloud blocks then I'd say at least 2 gravity potions per small map.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Didn't the patch notes say that there's a 1/3 chance of a hardmode boss you haven't killed yet spawning?

Because I had a blood moon night where I chose to spawn Skeletron Prime and midfight another one spawned.

E: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=184666232

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I think it needs more lighting. If that doesn't work, try fixing that corner near the door.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Here's what our most recent updates look like:

For some reason, when it blizzards, it shows even indoors. :iiam:

To be fair. there's still one side of those buildings that are open [The area we're looking into.]

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Logan 5 posted:

The reason its a silly gimmick though is because I have no movement speed, take damage from falls, have knockback from enemies, and my def went from 93 to 69. Its fun if you have a set up for it and you can basically stay in one space without worrying about falling though. I have yet to try it on a boss, think I'll try the destroyer and see how fast I can wreck it.
e: <30 seconds :stare:

Can't you grapple to something to prevent knockbacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

How are you supposed to survive through the Pumpkin Moon event? Even with 2 clouds raining down and firing a Magnetic Sphere upwards at Pumpking, I still sometimes die. Is it because I have all my accessories set to damage? Am I supposed to make a special arena solely for this event?

Oh yeah also I'm still using the Spectre set since magic is still broken since they nerfed the Vampire knives.

• Locked thread