Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Do the new props that grow on grass stop jungle tree growth, by any change?

Edit: Also, ropes need to be in the OP in huge bold text. They are awesome.

Syenite fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Man I wish there was more stuff that used Crimtane/Tissue samples. I've got like 4 stacks that are totally useless except as a building block.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
It's scary how good the Hermes Boots are now that you can walk up 1-block ledges.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
The vampire knives from the crimson chest are literally the most broken item holy poo poo.

Very Fast, no ammo/manacost, 4-6 projectiles in a spread, 10% lifesteal to the lowest health teammate. You're basically invincible.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Here are the two AHK macros I use for terraria:
code:
F12::
WinGet, WindowID, ID, A
WinSet, Style, -0xC40000, ahk_id %WindowID%
WinMove, ahk_id %WindowID%, , 0, 0, A_ScreenWidth, A_ScreenHeight
return

XButton1::
    While GetKeyState("XButton1", "P")
    {
        Click
        Sleep 10
    }
return
The first snippet will resize + deborder a window with F12 and the second will left click while the side button is held. Has saved me a fuckton of clicking.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Water sadly evaporates in hell automatically. :(

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

mechanicalFactory posted:

The new Spectre armor is amazing. It gives 10% lifesteal from every bit of magic damage you do, meaning if you have any good magic weapon you can become invincible. Before, I'd have to set up a massive arena for the hardcore bosses, or try and glitch it with a crab statue and the cross/star combo. Now I just need 2 star statues and a timer, and I'm set.

See those white lines coming from the turtle towards me? That's the life steal effect.

The spell I'm using, the Magnet Sphere, is also pretty powerful, if a bit difficult to use on fast moving enemies.

The magic cuffs are pretty good combo'd with that armor, too.

I'm really loving the variety of new gear that 1.2 added, it isn't "armor/weapon/spell but better" nearly as much as the previous update was. (Tiki armor :3:)

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Revol posted:

Are there any reasons to hold onto duplicates of accessories? Like the large pile of shackles that I have?

Not really, just keep an extra or two if you're worried about losing the original when/if you want to combine it with something or if you especially like the modifier.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Vampire Knives trip report: Literally the single most powerful weapon in the game.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
It's possible to force Plantera to only spawn in one area via terraforming, right?

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

WYA posted:

How do you make the new infinite waterfalls with the hammer?

Hammer a block next to a liquid into a half-block, that'll create the start of one.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Robzilla posted:

Can you make it so hitting F12 toggle the resize + deborder? This is a great script otherwise.

VVV They spawn in the Hollowed biome while raining I believe.

Here's a version which does this:

code:
F12::
if (toggle)
{
    WinGet, WindowID, ID, A
    WinSet, Style, +0xC40000, ahk_id %WindowID%
    WinMove, ahk_id %WindowID%, , 50, 30, 1280, 720
    toggle := False
}
else
{
    WinGet, WindowID, ID, A
    WinSet, Style, -0xC40000, ahk_id %WindowID%
    WinMove, ahk_id %WindowID%, , 0, 0, A_ScreenWidth, A_ScreenHeight
    toggle := True
}
return

XButton1::
    While GetKeyState("XButton1", "P")
    {
        Click
        Sleep 10
    }
return
You can set the 50, 30, 1280, 720 to whatever, it's the X/Y of the top left and the window width/height. Also here's all the valid keys AHK uses if you want to rebind stuff: http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm

Edit: also these modifiers http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Hotkeys.htm

Syenite fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 7, 2013

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
The one thing I wish difficulty-wise gets changed is for the difficulty to scale up automatically or manually (more damage/more health/more abilities/etc along with more plentiful normal drops/rare cosmetics/other cool stuff) so that there can be a variety of challenging content even if you have whatever the best gear is.

Lifesteal probably needs something changed about it though, seeing as you can solo literally every single boss in the game at the same time without moving with just turtle armor and vampire knives or the magic equivalent. Having no combat challenge whatsoever to beat your head against is pretty boring.

Robzilla posted:

Sweet Jesus thanks.

I always keep trying to mess around with AHK but I suck at "programming" of any sort.

Glad it's useful!

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Pilchenstein posted:

Why in christ's name would you add trophies to the game but not make them a guaranteed drop from the bosses?

This is me with the turtle armour, afk farming vertebrae to summon brains because the first twenty or so didn't drop the trophy. Exciting gameplay!

Heh, look at this scrub who didn't even get 3 brain trophies from his first 3 brain fights. :smug:

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Mental Midget posted:

New to Terraria so please excuse the newbish questions.

I think I'm stuck in progression at getting Meteorites to drop so I can craft Meteor Armor. The Wiki says I need to smash a Demon Heart (I have a Crimson world) to get Meteorites. The demon hearts I've found so far are surrounded by Crimtane. The wiki says I need a Deathbringer Pickaxe to mine Crimtane, thus get to the Demon Heart. However, the wiki says that in order to make a Deathbringer Pickaxe, I need tissue samples, which are dropped by Brain of Cthulu, which I can only summon by smashing Demon Hearts. This looks like a Catch-22 but I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

On the plus side. I found a Godly Bone Sword last night stuck in the head of a random skeleton, so that was pretty sweet.

When you beat an Eye/(Brain/Eater) you're eligible to get the Dryad, who sells purification powder that turns corrupted/crimson stone into normal stone.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

LAY-ZX posted:

People seem to be constantly at war over the Party Girl's page and it gets funnier every time I look at it

"A fandub from the Brony Confederation"

drat you forcing me to edit a sentence about MLP into some semblance of grammar.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Serious Frolicking posted:

I love my bee gun on general principle, but goddamn is it ever worthless against wall of flesh.

The bee gun is perhaps, but not the beenades. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

S.T.C.A. posted:

I set up a few platforms high above a chasm in Crimson and farmed Crimson mobs for an hour or two with a Nimbus rod and got a key, which gave me vampire knives, which totally trivialized everything.

I was using a True Night's Edge with Turtle Armor, so I was already really drat brutal, but now... now I don't even have to click. Things just die. Plantera was nothing, and the dungeons are equally laughable, so long as I keep moving. I still want to get Shroomite armor and a nice gun, but drat, all those posts were right, Vamp Knives totally break Terraria. I don't even know what he was thinking since he went so far out of his way to make sure people couldn't get endless health regen.

The best use for the vampire knives is to get some turtle armor and facetank every boss. At the same time :getin:

But yeah triggered healing really needs some sort of cooldown on how often it can affect you.

• Locked thread