Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At this point I have pretty much kicked the poo poo out of normal mode but I am scared to activate hardmode. I have the night blade, ivy whip, hellstone tools, jungle, necro, and hellstone armors, space gun and armor, and magic scythe move.

It seems like both ranged options are rather weak. I have been using the space gun mostly but am worried it is not going to cut it in hard more. Is there a better ranged options I should acquire first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The most interesting aspect about starting hard mode is they old monsters still spawn. At first I was worried because some of them are hard enough without the new monsters. Then I got golden showers and I never even notice them before they die from stray piss.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I set up a spikey ball trap system in the dungeon that makes it pretty easy to farm. I waited until the harder monsters but I would suggest you do it before. Make sure the spot you stand has dungeon music playing. You wont be able to AFK because of the caster guys.

I have killed the golem and all the other bosses. Is the only thing left the Halloween event and farming the keys to open dungeon chest?

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What is better:
Turtle armor and vampire knives.
or
Specter armor and magnet sphere, nimbus, golden shower.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just go into hardmode the enemies killing your NPCs wont matter they will respawn the next day. As you see new enemies killing your NPCs figure out how they are getting in and make modifications as needed to slowly fortify the base.

This is what I did and had a really fun time adding random pit and spike traps as needed to kill different enemy types. If you are super worried make a second world to store all your important stuff.

I was fighting destroyer of world and magic mirrored back to spawn. This resulted in him flying straight through the building slicing 4 or 5 NPCs in half. Luckily their brother showed up to run their shop and handle the burial.

• Locked thread