Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Tasty
Jul 21, 2005

Hueheheh-and you GOT one
Is anyone having issues with remapping controls? It's not allowing me and some other people to assign controls to different buttons and nothing on google seems to address it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tasty
Jul 21, 2005

Hueheheh-and you GOT one

LAY-ZX posted:

Housing in the Hallow is perfectly suitable, since it's explicitly meant to be a good thing and the Dryad even asks you to cover the world in as much of it as you can. Like yeah it makes sense to contain the corruption/crimson but why the Hallow too? People act like the world being populated with honest-to-god fairies and unicorns is a herald of the end times.

Those fairies and unicorns want to murder the gently caress out of everyone.
The Dryad is full of poo poo and a schizophrenic. She sells vile powder and corrupt seeds during blood moons.

Dr Tasty
Jul 21, 2005

Hueheheh-and you GOT one
There's also the hotkeys for potions and grappling hook. I don't remember what the default keys are, but there's one for health, one for mana, and one for grappling hook.

You can also just drag them from your inventory and click anywhere on the screen, not just your character.

Dr Tasty
Jul 21, 2005

Hueheheh-and you GOT one
Edit: Beaten just like the destroyer in a stream of piss spell.

Right-clicking on a bed will set your spawn point. If you do not have access to a bed then you'll have to build your home at original spawn.

I can beat the destroyer easily enough with the nimbus staff and golden shower, but I tried duoing Skeletron Prime, got him down to 600 health and for some reason he got right up in my grill with that spinning attack and I couldn't get away from him no matter how fast I went or where I maneuvered. That was after my buddy died to the game hiccuping. What a bunch of bullshit.

Dr Tasty fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 17, 2013

Dr Tasty
Jul 21, 2005

Hueheheh-and you GOT one
I'd recommend exploring the underground Jungle and killing some Queen Bees. They drop cool stuff like the bee gun, honeycomb, clothes, and the ever useful BEENADES.

Seriously, Beenades.

Really try to find water walking boots and a lava charm. The Lava Waders are probably one of the most useful accessories for traversing anywhere that has water or lava. Also get yourself spectre boots.

To prepare yourself for hardmode, build a place for the Truffle guy to move in so you can buy that spear from him as soon as he gets there. It's useful. The Night's Edge (muramasa, fiery sword, blade of grass, and light's bane at a demon/crimson altar) is also good until you fight bosses in hardmode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tasty
Jul 21, 2005

Hueheheh-and you GOT one
I've been following a strategy posted on the Terraria Wiki http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Pumpkin_Moon#Creating_an_Arena

Essentially it's creating a big pit with flame traps and spiky ball traps, anchoring yourself above it with some walls for protection, equipping your best magic and damage increasing items with the spectre armor, having all buffs you can, and spamming magic attacks.

At first it starts out pretty rough since this strategy relies heavily on the bat scepter, but once you get that it'll be easy going. This guy can get to wave 15 easily. I've farmed every possible drop from the event using this strategy.

• Locked thread