Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

dat one portagee posted:

My base is expanding... I think next world I hunker down in I'll make one compact structure for all the NPCs.

As much fun as it is building unique houses for everyone its getting tedious flying around to visit them for their wares.

That's pretty cool. I just built a lovely tenement block for them. Then later I built a lovely tenement block that dangles from a floating island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
How big do rooms have to be to support artificial biomes? The wiki is not specific. I am trying to get my witch doctor set up and also have a mushroom room going before i switch to hardmode.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

DelphiAegis posted:

Around about 100 blocks of the biome-specific blocks (Pearlstone, mushroom grass mud, ebonstone block, etc.) will change the immediate area over to that biome. If you can stand where the NPC will be and the music changes over to the other biome's, then you're golden.

Will they interfere with each other? Currently I have my mushroom pod and jungle pod dangling from my space station right next to each other. Should I move one of them to the other side?

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

DelphiAegis posted:

Whichever has the most blocks on the screen at the same time will make that area the particular biome. They probably shouldn't interfere with each other unless you can fit both on the same screen, so you may want to move it to the other side if your jungle area for your witch doctor isn't registering as a jungle area when you stand in his room, and the same for the mushroom guy.

You only have to have the background to buy their particular items, by the way; I can stand near the "jungle" area of my base and wait for the witch doctor to come over and he'll sell the jungle specific stuff, and when I step out and re-open his shop window, he no longer sells the items.

Okay, cool. Last question - will the biomes work if I built them near the floating island layer? my sky town is suspended from one of them and I can still hear the space music in the biome pods so I might have to scrap them entirely.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
What's the best setup to farm hardmode drops? I'm trying to get the rod of discord, and i set up an artificial underground hallow but i've only seen one chaos elemental spawn and he didn't drop it.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Does anybody know if the recent update killed the ability to farm souls and grind for key molds with meteorite ore? I've been afk killing meteor heads in underground crimson for like four hours and i haven't gotten a single soul drop.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
I just had a ridiculous string of drops - first a rod of discord off of a chaos elemental I bumped into then 2 sequential eclipses with a total of 5 broken hero swords. I also killed skeletron prime in the daytime, had him mostly whittled down then he instakilled me and the return damage from my turtle armor popped him.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Is there a way to assign another item to right click diablo II style? Switching items quickly during a fight is hard.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
How the hell do you handle post plantera dungeon? Suicide grind ectoplasm until you can make a spectre suit? Set up a trap room and try to lure enemies into it?

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
The first time I fought it the bulb spawned really low in the jungle, near my underworld bridge i built to fight the wall of flesh. don't lure it down there because if you do it will just go apeshit and kill you immediately. I assume it's the same behavior that it does when you lure it to the surface.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Which setup is more effective for pumpkin moon, tons of pygmies or spectre armor and magic (magnet sphere mostly)?

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Kyrosiris posted:

Spectre Armor and Nimbus Rod.

Also, summon a pygmy anyways, it's extra damage.

Man, this event is fun but for some reason wyverns are spawning randomly too (i'm fighting at ground level) and they're getting really loving annoying.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

RatHat posted:

Pumpkin moons probably already increase the spawn limit to the max.

The wiki seems to think battle potions help.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Any way to effectively farm angry nimbus? Is there a way to force the weather to rain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

That Old Ganon posted:

Speaking of which, I entered hardmode for the first time and holy moly, that Hallow is spreading like a wildfire. Does it spread so quickly in one direction, or both? Because I noticed that it overtook this desert in no time and it's going to start creeping on the jungle any second now, whereas on the other side, it seems to be taking its time. Then again, there's a natural cave there or something.

And there's nothing like minding my own business in the underground jungle and just barely seeing This is going to be a terrible night...

"What was that? Eh, whatever."

Then I get mauled by two eyeballs.

Or, You feel the air growing cold around you.

"Oh, is that new for the underground snow areas? :downs:"

Hallow won't spread into jungle but corruption or crimson will.

• Locked thread