Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hey, guys, do us a favor: Before you choose this opportunity to state that a hyped-up superhero show isn't nearly as good as Big Media would have you believe...don't. We get it, SHIELD sucks, Arrow rules, you're hip. Don't be a douchebag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do you have a Batsignal?

Does a giant symbol of someone posting something you don't like just appear in the sky?

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
Thank God. Our long nightmare is over.

It's Arrow Day.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

My job finally gives me an evening shift after weeks of midday work, and it's tonight. :smithicide:

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

SHIELD has this frustrating tendency to do these really annoying quips every other line. It does not take the less is more approach and will shove a "joke" or "witty" banter when it's completely inappropriate or just plain not funny.

Welcome to pretty much every Joss Whedon series.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Do you have a Batsignal?

Does a giant symbol of someone posting something you don't like just appear in the sky?

Don't be silly. He saw the Arrowsignal.

(Yes, that was a thing in the comics...)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Gaz-L posted:

Don't be silly. He saw the Arrowsignal.

(Yes, that was a thing in the comics...)

Yeah, like in the 50's..

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They've brought a lot of that back recently, though usually as a joke.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Double post, but something I just saw in an interview...

(Spoilery if you don't want to know anything about new characters for the season. According to the interview the character is introduced in tonight's episode though.)

quote:

How will the introduction of Black Canary (Caity Lotz) push Laurel in a new direction?
Guggenheim: You'll get your first glimpse of Black Canary in the premiere. Laurel needed a bit of a makeover. Last year, as a result of her job at CNRI and her relationship with Tommy, it sometimes felt like she was in a different show. One of our main goals this year was to really bring her into the fold in a way that made her an integral part of the stories we were telling. Black Canary's appearance is going to coincide with Laurel really struggling with a great number of things. We're throwing a lot of things at Laurel this year.

Non-spoiler version: The producers know how Laurel's world felt mostly disconnected from everything and part of a different show, and want to fix that this year.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 9, 2013

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Aphrodite posted:

Double post, but something I just saw in an interview...

(Spoilery if you don't want to know anything about new characters for the season. According to the interview the character is introduced in tonight's episode though.)

Non-spoiler version: The producers know how Laurel's world felt mostly disconnected from everything and part of a different show, and want to fix that this year.

They should disconnect Laurel's world from this show and make a new show all about Laurel.

Then they should cancel it before it airs and not have Laurel ever make an appearance on Arrow again.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Yeah, like in the 50's..

Some of us respect the Silver Age and it's blatant ripping off of things that were popular. :colbert:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

:(

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
Only an hour and 45 minutes before CW takes us away from this drat crappy planet full of hippies.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Is there anywhere to watch that Season 1 recap that CW apparently aired? Can't find any mention of it online.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Amell's final pre-Arrow facebook video

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

XboxPants posted:

Is there anywhere to watch that Season 1 recap that CW apparently aired? Can't find any mention of it online.

I haven't seen it on any legit sites. May have missed it though.

I will actually be watching this one live tonight. And probably every week. I like this show a lot and will break from my delayed TV viewing for it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

He's such a happy dude. Rare to be that good looking and not also be a giant douchebag.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
What is the 'tomorrow people' thing he mentioned as airing after Arrow?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
There's an Arrow comic book that sorta follows the television plot line and I wonder if the season premiere will have scenes from the most recent issue. There's this part where Oliver visits the Glades only to get accosted by three thugs who recognize him, and he just brutally kills them when they attack him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

What is the 'tomorrow people' thing he mentioned as airing after Arrow?

It's a TV show about people with superpowers and has Lucifer from Supernatural as the bad guy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Aphrodite posted:

It's a TV show about people with superpowers and has Lucifer from Supernatural as the bad guy.

And the lead actor is Stephen Amell's cousin

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
It's time...

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

IT's BAAAAAAAAACK!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh poo poo. Way to start show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Flashback fake-out?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh Arrow how I've missed you.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Hah, the parachute was green.

And holy poo poo, nice call back to the 1st episode.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
I too keep rope lines near active land mines on the off chance someone steps on one.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Haha, Felicity did the same thing Oliver did when he stepped on the mine and Diggle reacted the same as Slade did.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Summer Glau??

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hahaha, that was pretty good timing Ollie.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

gently caress, tuned in a couple minutes late when Diggle and Felicity were paradropping.

What'd I miss before that?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ok, that was awesome. I love this show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deakul posted:

gently caress, tuned in a couple minutes late when Diggle and Felicity were paradropping.

Ollie seeing their plane, and some unimportant dialogue.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Deakul posted:

Mostly S1 recap

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah that was pretty cool. Did they say "The Hoods" or "The Hoodsmen" ?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hollis posted:

Yeah that was pretty cool. Did they say "The Hoods" or "The Hoodsmen" ?

Pretty sure it was The Hoods.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
Yeh, Hoods.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
I was all set for this season until the bad guys showed up in paintball masks. Immersion ruined! :qqsay:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I kind of spend way to much time thinking about what Amell would look like with the trademark mustache and goatee. I really wish he'd grow it just for shits and giggles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Aphrodite posted:

Ollie seeing their plane, and some unimportant dialogue.

Oh, alright.

Episode's off to a great start, Hood copycat army that's planning on going after Ollie.
LITTLE DO THEY KNOW... :3:

"Since you majored in dropping out of college..." :drat:

"Oliver Queen! You failed this city!" :drat:

:tviv:

• Locked thread