Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

In slightly-related news, DC has confirmed a Suicide Squad movie. It would be awesome if they got Manu Bennett to play Deathstroke in the film, but given how they're wanting to keep the TV and Film universes separate it's a pipe dream at best. What is curious though is how they're going to handle it, considering that the TV universe got its hands on the squad first. Will they go with a different set of characters, or are they going to go ahead and use the popular squad (Deathstroke, Deadshot, et al.)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm guessing Harley, Deadshot, Deathstroke and a couple of C-listers.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Scyantific posted:

In slightly-related news, DC has confirmed a Suicide Squad movie. It would be awesome if they got Manu Bennett to play Deathstroke in the film, but given how they're wanting to keep the TV and Film universes separate it's a pipe dream at best. What is curious though is how they're going to handle it, considering that the TV universe got its hands on the squad first. Will they go with a different set of characters, or are they going to go ahead and use the popular squad (Deathstroke, Deadshot, et al.)?

I feel like that's a mistake, especially when undoubtedly the TV versions will turn out to be the best versions. Seriously, it's like DC is saying "hey, these TV shows are doing well and are awesome, so let's make some movies but strip out the actors and stories that made the TV versions cool."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
To be fair by the time the movie comes out Arrow's version will be a distant memory.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

imperialparadox posted:

I feel like that's a mistake, especially when undoubtedly the TV versions will turn out to be the best versions. Seriously, it's like DC is saying "hey, these TV shows are doing well and are awesome, so let's make some movies but strip out the actors and stories that made the TV versions cool."

But it works so well when they do that for comic to tv/movie adaptations!

I'm not making GBS threads on most movies & shows, I'm not some "it has to be 100% accurate!!!!" nut. Usually comics are adapted fine but... not always.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

imperialparadox posted:

The Suicide Squad animated film was pretty great. It's success is probably why the live action film was green lit.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://comicbook.com/2014/09/24/arrow-clip-andrew-kreisberg-talks-about-season-three-and-questio/

Andrew Kreisberg talks about Season 3 and what they're expecting. Naturally, the Flash/Arrow crossover episode is appropriately titled "Flash Vs. Arrow"

These last two weeks are going to go by so drat slow.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
wait, is the crossover Flash -> Arrow -> Flash -> Arrow? Or starts with Arrow and concludes with next week's Flash?

Good lord

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Is tonight the night?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Sober posted:

wait, is the crossover Flash -> Arrow -> Flash -> Arrow? Or starts with Arrow and concludes with next week's Flash?

Good lord
The way I've read into it, they'll introduce Boomerang in Arrow's 7th episode, and then the 8th episode of both Flash and Arrow will be like a 2-hour special of them dealing with him. No idea if that's been confirmed as official but that's what I got out of the random tidbits that keep popping up in interviews and videos.

e X posted:

Is tonight the night?
Not even close :(

October 7th and 8th.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

VDay posted:

The way I've read into it, they'll introduce Boomerang in Arrow's 7th episode, and then the 8th episode of both Flash and Arrow will be like a 2-hour special of them dealing with him. No idea if that's been confirmed as official but that's what I got out of the random tidbits that keep popping up in interviews and videos.

Not even close :(

October 7th and 8th.

Aww man, I figured since AoS started up other series would follow through.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I wanted to type stuff about watching more of this but I really don't know what to type. It's all all been said I'm sure, and whatever superlatives I blather up can't describe how great Season 1 ended and the transition into Season 2.

The duo-heart stabbing to get rid of Merlyn was kind of weird.

There. My single complaint, and it's as banal as wondering why the bullets never hit.

I think it might be cool to point out how they addressed the problems that season 1 had and how loving awesome they were dealt with. Thea became a real character and her relationship with the hoodlum is decent. Mother Arrow starts behaving like an actual human being. Malcolm's sudden ninja training is decently explained by the League. Ollie's kind of weird murderspree that was glossed over is dealt with immediately. There's even a goof on how the geekgirl suddenly realizes she should have had a problem with it. Oh and all that awesome island stuff that can't possibly be dragged out much longer actually takes a crazy awesome turn that could last forever.

Someone asked above what Diggs contributes to the season. I'm only 5 or 6 episodes in and there's been at least one shirtless wrestling scene.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I don't know about anybody else, but I always like seeing a person's take on a series that I have watched before. Every time somebody watches DS9 for the first time it get's me all nostalgic. Keep talking about your thoughts on what you're watching.

kater posted:

I think it might be cool to point out how they addressed the problems that season 1 had and how loving awesome they were dealt with. Thea became a real character and her relationship with the hoodlum is decent. Mother Arrow starts behaving like an actual human being. Malcolm's sudden ninja training is decently explained by the League. Ollie's kind of weird murderspree that was glossed over is dealt with immediately. There's even a goof on how the geekgirl suddenly realizes she should have had a problem with it. Oh and all that awesome island stuff that can't possibly be dragged out much longer actually takes a crazy awesome turn that could last forever.

The fact they made Thea loving Queen an interesting and compelling character after the poo poo they put on her in season 1 is still amazing to me.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The way I'm tearing through these I'm not sure there will be that many posts to make.

I feel dumb for complaining about the way Merlyn died and then like the next episode he loving shows up alive. Offffffff course he is. I'm glad that he instantly declared that Thea was his daughter just so the most ridiculous thing on the show wasn't his being alive.

The Flash episode was really super dorky but cute.

Kind of bummed they are building Slade up to be the head villain. I really hope it's not a waste. Is he getting his own spinoff show too maybe?

As someone who couldn't really stand Laurel in the first season, she seems great as a semi-antagonist. I can't tell if it's just a by-product of the show having other stuff to do, but I also like how she isn't just magically cured from her breakdown.

I forget what specific episode I'm on but season seems to have slowed a bit after that breakneck opening. Can't wait for nobody to ever say the word Miracle-unum again.

I dunno how spoilers work so sorry or whatever.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

We've all seen it, you don't need to spoiler it. Also it is Mirakuru, and it never stops being annoying!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

No pointing out plot hole in comicbook shows please, you're in a boat just roll with it, otherwise you get sea sick.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Kruller posted:

We've all seen it, you don't need to spoiler it. Also it is Mirakuru, and it never stops being annoying!
I didn't realise people were annoyed by it until I read stuff on the internet.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I don't think it's so much that it was annoying but more that it was just awkward sounding. Like, it's obviously just Miracle, but instead everyone keeps calling it MIRAKURU and enunciating it kind of weirdly over and over and over again.

englerp
Oct 13, 2011

VDay posted:

I don't think it's so much that it was annoying but more that it was just awkward sounding. Like, it's obviously just Miracle, but instead everyone keeps calling it MIRAKURU and enunciating it kind of weirdly over and over and over again.

You know what i'm always reminded of when i hear the term MIRAKURU:

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

VDay posted:

You just know that if they stopped calling it MIRAKURU and called it Miracle instead there would be shitloads of confused viewers. Better to play it safe and call it the obviously strange sounding name so people know its the important thing and not just someone saying something was a miracle.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

chiefnewo posted:

You just know that if they stopped calling it MIRAKURU and called it Miracle instead there would be shitloads of confused viewers. Better to play it safe and call it the obviously strange sounding name so people know its the important thing and not just someone saying something was a miracle.

And frankly I think giving it it's own, specific name that is not an English word that refers to something else would be pretty smart in universe as well. It just reduces confusion all around.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

kater posted:

The way I'm tearing through these I'm not sure there will be that many posts to make.

I feel dumb for complaining about the way Merlyn died and then like the next episode he loving shows up alive. Offffffff course he is. I'm glad that he instantly declared that Thea was his daughter just so the most ridiculous thing on the show wasn't his being alive.

The Flash episode was really super dorky but cute.

Kind of bummed they are building Slade up to be the head villain. I really hope it's not a waste. Is he getting his own spinoff show too maybe?

As someone who couldn't really stand Laurel in the first season, she seems great as a semi-antagonist. I can't tell if it's just a by-product of the show having other stuff to do, but I also like how she isn't just magically cured from her breakdown.

I forget what specific episode I'm on but season seems to have slowed a bit after that breakneck opening. Can't wait for nobody to ever say the word Miracle-unum again.

I dunno how spoilers work so sorry or whatever.

The Slade story gets much better later on down the road man. Just wait for it.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

englerp posted:

You know what i'm always reminded of when i hear the term MIRAKURU:

It's like someone would insist to pronounce this MiRAcoLI.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a brand name. You don't call it "Power Mac and Cheese" in English.

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Just finished marathoning the first two seasons this week. Jesus Christ.

Why is it not October 8th yet.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

escalator dropdown posted:

Just finished marathoning the first two seasons this week. Jesus Christ.

Why is it not October 8th yet.

Now imagine how we felt every week last year and all summer.

The three weeks for the Olympics were torture.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah, I think it's one thing to enjoy the show for having so many spinning plates, but goddamn it must be frustrating watching this throughout the year. As soon as I said something about it being neat that Laurel's spiral was just a thing happening in the background, they make it front and center for a few eps. This show is really amazing. There's like a dozen episodes between when Sara leaves and shows up again and not a single one of them feels like filler.

Except for that loving Clockman episode. It's like the bugeye Lost dude from Person of Interest decided to rob banks.

Also holy poo poo this show does a good job with it's villains. Why do I like Deadshot so much. Also Tiger. I'm pretty sure he didn't have a name for 90% of the time I've seen him, but drat. His jailbreak was amazing and it is cool he doesn't just up and vanish.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I miss Shrapnel now. :(

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

kater posted:

Except for that loving Clockman episode. It's like the bugeye Lost dude from Person of Interest decided to rob banks.

Also holy poo poo this show does a good job with it's villains. Why do I like Deadshot so much. Also Tiger. I'm pretty sure he didn't have a name for 90% of the time I've seen him, but drat. His jailbreak was amazing and it is cool he doesn't just up and vanish.
Deadshot is one of my favorite comic book characters. He was awesome in the late-'80s Suicide Squad series written by John Ostrander (the reason anyone still cares about him and the Squad), in Gail Simone's entertaining but uneven Secret Six series, on the JLU episode "Task Force X" that was written by Darwyn Cooke (and also starred the Clock King), and in the recent Batman: Assault on Arkham animated film.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Deadshot is one of my favorite comic book characters.

It took me so long to realize this was a different character than the guy played by Colin Ferrel in Daredevil.

Some Numbers posted:

I miss Shrapnel now. :(

Was I supposed to recognize that guy? That roll call was like cool, Deadshot. And Wolverine. And uh... uh.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

kater posted:

It took me so long to realize this was a different character than the guy played by Colin Ferrel in Daredevil.

Was I supposed to recognize that guy? That roll call was like cool, Deadshot. And Wolverine. And uh... uh.

Shrapnel was in an earlier episode, the bomber guy who owned a store. That was the whole gimmick in the Suicide Squad comic -- Amanda Waller led a team of villains and antiheroes to undertake dangerous black ops missions for the government, and "jobber" characters like Shrapnel would often get killed in action. Count Vertigo (not the guy we've already seen on Arrow, but a character who will be appearing in Season 3) was a member along with Deadshot and Bronze Tiger.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

kater posted:

He was the "villain" in episode 10. He blew up some buildings and was very anti-government.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

VDay posted:

The Japanese are actually really big about using English loan words so this is probably not that far off (although obviously they weren't really doing that in the 1940s).

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah I assumed it was the bomb guy but I really didn't recognize him at all.

And the very next episode I watch starts with the show pointedly making fun of all the bobbling plotlines and bringing back shrewd CEO lady. Is it reading my mind or controlling my thoughts.

EDIT: gently caress OLLIE WHY DIDNT YOU PUT AN ARROW THROUGH HIS OTHER EYE.

kater fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Sep 28, 2014

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

kater posted:

EDIT: gently caress OLLIE WHY DIDNT YOU PUT AN ARROW THROUGH HIS OTHER EYE.

:allears:

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Tiny little news drop. The Arrow/Flash crossover episode, at least one of them, has been named.

What else could it be but "The Brave and the Bold"

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

and in the recent Batman: Assault on Arkham animated film.

to be fair, everything in Assault on Arkham was awesome

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

VBane posted:

Tiny little news drop. The Arrow/Flash crossover episode, at least one of them, has been named.

What else could it be but "The Brave and the Bold"

That's episode 308 of Arrow. Episode 108 of Flash is titled "Flash Vs. Arrow" which as the title implies, will feature our two heroes going at it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

to be fair, everything in Assault on Arkham was awesome

I loved it, especially because it should have been called The Awesomeness of Deadshot: The Movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Scyantific posted:

That's episode 308 of Arrow. Episode 108 of Flash is titled "Flash Vs. Arrow" which as the title implies, will feature our two heroes going at it.

"Flash Vs. Arrow: Sunrise of Justness"

• Locked thread