Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dexo posted:

I wonder if Roy will be injured in that accident. And I don't know maybe lose an arm or something.

If that happens he would have to stay away from cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Maybe with the move to being a hero instead of a vigilante. As a vigilante he never had to worry about it since he was never planning on appearing in a well lit area to begin with so he was basically just putting camouflage on his face.

Of course the bigger problem is that famous billionaire Oliver Queen can't just wear a domino mask in public and not expect anyone to recognize him. That's pretty much the only good scene in Green Lantern, where Hal is talking to Carol while he's in costume and he tries to pretend to be someone else and she says how she could instantly tell it was him.

Maybe he should grow some facial hair!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I wonder how long until Roy joins up with Ollie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Do we known if Malcolm is really dead? I don't remember him being mentioned in this last episode (Other than "My mom didn't kill those people, Malcolm Merlyn did"), did I miss a gravestone or something?

We have been Told he appears this season but we do not know in what capacity

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Yeah this guy is going to be a huge thorn in his side as Brother Blood.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

So what are the chances that its Blood who is stealing the trucks to make himself look better?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Drifter posted:

Whoa. The Wiki says he beat Batman in a fight. Hardcore. And the character is in the new Batman Origins videogame. Sweet.

Is he a cool character, in general, or is Bronze Tiger just another dumb random big bad assassin?

He is a pretty cool character and he should be back as he is a member of the suicide squad.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Whizbang posted:

I still want them to acknowledge that Queen Mansion is totally Luthor Mansion by having Michael Rosenbaum just hanging out in the background in a couple of scenes.

But refusing to wash his hands since he is evil.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Johnnie5 posted:

The defense attorney sounded really familiar but I couldn't place her. Anybody recognize her?

She seems like someone who would bring a flame thrower to a friends house and Cheers entire premise was an addict owning and operating a bar.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

VDay posted:

Fantastic episode, although I really, really hope that they do something with the fact that Lance got to talk to, be around, and at various points stand directly next to Ollie without apparently recognizing him. I'm fine with it if it was just for this episode or if it turns out that Lance realized it was Ollie long ago, but having Lance not recognize him while being around him for that long would just be too drat silly. We'll see what happens I guess.

Lance knew it was Ollie since the start, but was never able to prove it. Now that he respects Ollie and Arrow he does not care.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I wonder if this means in regards to next week and the rest of the season Black Canary will end up being the villian for the season as she was brought back by Ra? Then Laurial will try to redeem the name/sister and that is why she joins with Ollie?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

I wonder if they'll go full comics, and if Canary is Sarah, then that she did die, and was raised by a Lazarus Pit.

I have a feeling that is the way they are going due to Ra.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

At least now we know how Malcolm might return.

I am thinking that it will either be due to Ra sticking him in the pit or just a flashback with him training with Ra.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I thought he mostly hated Arrow due to him knowing it was Ollie and he hated him? It seemed his opinion of Arrow changed around the time he saw that Ollie was a different person.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hollis posted:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we have the Oliver loses his fortune storyline, which the whole wrongful death lawsuit against Queen Industry would do that. That was a pretty significant character change.

Would it lead to a season with him, Diggs and Hal Jordan played by Liam McIntyre traveling across the country?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Oasx posted:

I like his idea of having a crossover with Lost.

I would love to see Michael Emerson play a super villain in the show. We know that he would be willing to take a beating.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

My guess for The Island this season is it was a Unit 731 testing ground. The bones don't make much sense otherwise.

It could be them doing experiments with the Lazarus Pit and causing people to be all hosed up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

They don't HAVE to have Laurel become Black Canary. This week's episode really seemed to be setting up Oliver and Sarah getting together, like that scene where they switched weapons.

They have already said that this is the beginning of Laurel's journey to becoming Black Canary.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 1, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rarity posted:

Uncle Ben came back.

No he hasn't. The only time he has it was one from another reality.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Warmachine posted:

Considering everyone knows how that ends up, I wouldn't count that as a 'credit.'

We got this and it was worth it

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

UberAaron posted:

It was Mountain Dew. The Mayor couldn't do the dew.

The Mayor wanted Crab Juice.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

We also know that superpowered people will be introduced this season with the Flash.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

hi liter posted:

Not to be too mean, but what are you talking about this show has soap pouring out of its pores.

It is also based off a comic book character and the only characters that have died and remained dead is Uncle Ben.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

VDay posted:

The reason they hired a new actress is because the one they hired for the pilot/season one wouldn't have been in the show until now (you know, because they planned it that way) and it would've been dumb to actually hire her on a long-term contract to not have her do anything (and pay her) for most of a season.

And just because a character comes back from the dead doesn't automatically make it a retcon, especially when we don't even see her actually die. If you thought that Sara was dead for good and her coming back is a twist so crazy that they obviously didn't plan it from the beginning then you must not watch a lot of TV, because I'm pretty sure most people saw this coming from Day 1.

No body no death.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Not this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTRbB3hgmik

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

If I remember correctly he knew who Arrow was in the first season and once he saw that Ollie has changed he had no real desire to chase him down. He has even less desire now that Ollie is not killing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I love that he loves being Oliver Queen so much. How often does a lead actor take to their role on this level? Especially in a genre show like Arrow?

The cast of Spartacus seemed to love their roles.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

YES.

Jesus, did anyone ever hate a job as much as that rear end in a top hat?

Not a TV show but Robert Pattinson hated the Twilight series.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lawlicaust posted:

Almost certainly but I'm betting it's Nyssa and not Talia. If they do Talia, she'd probably be better starting off not knowing her parentage and transforming to a villain over a season.

It is going to end up being Felicity

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Is she? I don't know who she is then..

Okay so far bad guys so far we got
Professor Ivo
Bronze Tiger
China White
Dead Shot
Brother Blood
League of Assassins

Am I missing any right now? Cause that's a lotta people.

I've already said that the "boxing glove " arrow could just be a round arrow with a boxing glove drawn on it. Just saying.

Dark Archer - Meryln
Wintergreen
Count Vertigo

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hollismason posted:

I was just listing current villians, so yeah I guess Count Vertigo as well. I'm sure he'll make a reappearance at some point.

Wait who is Wintergreen?

The guy in the Deathstoke mask who tortured Ollie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SPOILERS FOR FUTURE EPISODE

Count is in the November 20th episode

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Let me get this straight.

They found someone who's nearly as physical as Stephen Amell, a better actor than Katie Cassidy, and she outshone most of the cast combined. And she's NOT going to be the fulltime Canary?

I have to ask: what the hell guys?

We do not know that. Things change all the time and its possible that they will keep her. I mean Lost only hired Michael Emerson for a couple of episodes and then decided to make him a full time character.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Fair enough, but barring a statement from the creators, the last information we have is that Laurel is definitely becoming the Canary at some point, right?

I think that was at the beginning of the season. Things change all the time, and for all you know they are having issues with the actress playing Laurel. I mean everyone thought it was Wade who was torturing Ollie in season one, but it ended up being Wintergreen. With this show is going Slade could end up being part of team arrow.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WarLocke posted:

That line was pretty ambiguous. It doesn't necessarily mean she literally died, just that everyone thought she was dead.

You've got a point with the thing about Ollie being sure they'd never forgive him; I wonder if the big secret Moira was willing to spend life in prison to hide was supposed to be a similar thing.

I thought that was she had something to do with her husbands death?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Phylodox posted:

You guys are going to eat your words when Stephen Amell posts a video of Caity Lotz getting served by Katie Cassidy's sick dance moves next week.

They will then get all served by Manu Bennett

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Yes, but not by dancing. By screaming and punching and leaping through the air in slow-motion.

Or doing the Haka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOkrqolXWjQ

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Roy's also supposed to be a junkie and have a daughter with an international terrorist.

He also lost the arm in 2009 in the same story that his daughter dies. The show is never going to do it and we have no idea how they are going to do the Roy Harper story, other than there is a good chance he is going start being trained by Ollie this season.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Phylodox posted:

I don't think they'd shoot their bat-load that early before Batman vs. Superman comes out, especially on a television show. I think the best we could hope for is maybe a mention or, at best, a silhouette.

Or a call to Felicity asking her to tell Ollie to meet him somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I think you mean SPIDERMAN

• Locked thread