Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
This show owns. Nothing else to really say here, I'm in for the duration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Good looking dudes can still be good looking with a beard? :confused:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Phylodox posted:

Some good looking dudes look even better with a beard. Chris Hemsworth, for example.

Exactly, there's no call for beard hate.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Cityinthesea posted:

I honestly don't mind as long as it isn't supernatural in origin. In a world with machines that create earthquakes I could see it happening.

Yep, they've been free with all kinds of changes to powers/backstory so far. The only actual requirement for "The Flash" is that he's a dude who moves really fast. No need for speed force, or lightspeed/time travel stuff.

As long as he's not literally making pants out of GOES FAST, then I think it will be less silly than something like a handcuff arrow or a zipline arrow. :irony:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Torrannor posted:

I'm not sure I want Dr. Bashir or Hannibal in Arrow.

Rebuttal: Alexander Siddig owns, he'd be great, and he should be in more things. :colbert:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rocksicles posted:

Edit: Officer Landry on Death Valley, wow didn't recognise her at all... she owns, mad martial arts skills too.

I always forget her name, but yeah she's loving rad as hell. And I hope she stays on the show.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

WarLocke posted:

Haha holy poo poo, Paul Blackthorne knocks it out of the loving park in this last episode. "I wish I could tell you." :unsmith:

Dude is seriously underappreciated. Think I might rewatch the Dresden Files for more Blackthorne.

As a complete fan of the books and owner of the show on dvd, blackthorne was the only good part of that show. I was really glad he got cast for Arrow.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rocksicles posted:

Possible fo shizzle, jump in about 4 mins or so for the catch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLj8eK814o0

But what about Bikini Skiing?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I think the best route for them to go (seeing as how they do mess with comics when they choose) is for Laurel to become Canary and Sara to become some other, cooler, hero ala Robin becoming Nightwing in the comics.

Hell, they could completely gently caress with us, have Wade be a red herring, and have Sara become a gender-swapped Deathstroke.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Aphrodite posted:

Exists. Name is Ravager.

BOOM. Problem solved.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Habibi posted:

Pretty sure Amell's abs generate enough heat to warm a province by at least thirty degrees.

Hi Felicity, didn't realize you had an account here. :haw:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
She does seem the type to be a goon.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

jscolon2.0 posted:

Only Felicity finds him attractive? :psyduck:

Holy over analyzing lame jokes Batman Arrow!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rhyno posted:

You know, this was loving stupid when it started. If I have one regret on this forum it's making the thread that spawned it.

I'm sorry, but that poo poo is hilarious, it's like jeffk and bss had a lovechild. Pants made out of goes fast will never not be funny. :colbert:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rhyno posted:

No, you're wrong. poo poo at one time it was bannable but that was 3 mods ago.

BSS sounds like such a cold and lonely place. :saddowns:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Carlos Danger.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Deakul posted:

Because first seasons of every series ever are always incredible? No show has ever redeemed itself after their first season, truly.
No show has ever had a first season end with a string of great episodes.
Ever.
Never happened!
Flash Fact!
Just imagine every person uselessly making GBS threads on AoS to be the comic book guy from the simpsons, it makes following threads about nerdshows a lot more tolerable.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Edit: Arrow season 1 was entertaining, but it was honestly pretty bad until things ramped up in the back end, and the last 2-3 eps loving owned everything.

Deakul posted:

Alright, that could work.
That's certainly the impression I've been getting from the critics here.

Not to say there isn't plenty of valid criticism, but people seem to be expecting waaaaay too much from the show.

In Arrow news: I'm excited for the next episode, how about y'all?

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 13, 2013

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Aside from casting ridiculously good looking people in shows, the CW also seems to have a knack for finding people who are hilarious, gigantic dorks that are amazing to their fans.

Say what you will about Supernatural, but Misha Collins is an awesome dude, and I think Stephen Amell is just continuing that fine tradition.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

McSpanky posted:

He also didn't have godlike lightspeed in that show, in fact he had to work to get up to the sound barrier. They intentionally kept his powers on the lower end and had him growing into them as it went on, like in earlier episodes he had to grab a piece of sheet metal to deflect bullets and then later in the season he managed to work out catching them.

This, or something like this is hopefully the way they go.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rhyno posted:

I'm hopeful but if Geoff Johns ever writes an episode (and you know he will) it's going to involed Barry going to lightspeed and entering the Speed Force.

It's almost like you want the inevitable Flash thread to be nothing but GOES FAST jokes.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Phylodox posted:

Where's Peter Mensah, already?!? :colbert:

Walter's got an older brother who just spent 5 years in- oh you get what I mean.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Drifter posted:

Oh GOD that "enhance" scene. :sigh:

Four seconds has never hurt so bad.

To be fair, comic book "hacker" magic is the one place this should happen.

As opposed to everywhere else that it shows up.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

JayMax posted:

Why did Barrowman have to shoot the driver he had obviously hired himself?

Dude is highly skilled, intelligent, and entirely amoral...

He's also crazier than a bag of cats.

I think we can chalk this one up to crazy with a side of no witnesses.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

This would be pretty cool.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Torrannor posted:

And gently caress you Ollie, I'm 29 and people are still asking for my ID when I buy alcohol.

You babyface people got the better deal, people have thought I was 30 since I was 16. :smith:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

BrianWilly posted:

Interestingly this would make Wally West black as well, or biracial.

:anime:

Awesome. Somebody go ask Donald Glover if he's got post-community plans.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Krad posted:

They'll catch the criminal in the first 10 minutes of each episode. :shobon:

that leaves 10 minutes for an island flashback and then the rest can just be 20 mins of Felicity doing whatever.

Instant Ratings.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

teagone posted:

Video reminds me of how stylish the visuals in Arrow can be. Good poo poo.

I think I really dig the song they used for this.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

jscolon2.0 posted:

Drifter posted:

It's a Christmas Mirakuru!!!
This as a thread title.

DOOOOO ITTTTT!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

gently caress YES!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Spergatory posted:

There is one thing I know about Mirakuru that the producers said during an interview: the key to surviving the injection is anger. The angrier you are, and the deeper your anger runs, the more likely you are to pull through. It's why Brother Blood made everyone get psyche evals before he marked them as potential candidates. Maybe Brother Blood's 'control' has something to do with manipulating that?

So Brother Blood went to the Darth Vader school of ally conversion? makes as much sense as anything I suppose.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Or maybe he already is an android, and Slade and Ollie discover this the hard way in a dramatic fight scene?:tinfoil: season 3:tinfoil:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rocksicles posted:

couldn't hit a bulls arse with a banjo

I resolve from this day forth to start using this phrase.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Bad Moon posted:

Just marathon'd the first season and a half and holy poo poo this show :stare:

I want more of everything awesome. More Slade, more Felicity loving Smoak, more Diggle, more Sara, more Barrowman, more Officer Harry Dresden, more Moire descending into awesome villainy. Everything owns.

Laurel is the only weak end and that's because they aren't giving her anything to do. Now that she's not Single Female Lawyer fighting injustice, she just is sort of there. A way to fix that is as Slade wants to corrupt people Ollie loves, who better than the girl in the picture Ollie stared at all the time. Laurel could be that person to ruin Oliver's world. A Ravager if you will :unsmigghh:

As lean as this show is, I think you just trimmed the last bit of fat off of it.

Goddamn I hope they do this.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rarity posted:

Crunk Abortion, you have failed this thread.

Yup :cawg:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

bobkatt013 posted:

To be fair the Blue Beetle comic before 52 was one of the best teenager comics I have ever read. It is really really good. If they brought that Jamie in I would be all for it. However, if its the 52 one then get the gently caress out.

I want to emptyquote this. Yes!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

It's definitely not the standard approach, but I'd be ok with this if they were to otherwise do it 'seriously'.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

Also, would ONE Batman appearance be so bad? Ollie in his darkest hour, convinced he hasn't only reached his peak, but man's peak, and he still isn't strong/skilled enough to beat the enemy. Then as he goes into what he thinks is a suicide mission Batman busts in and FUCKS poo poo UP. The two don't get to interact so it can be cast with any actor, and Ollie realizes he can be better.

Oh man, if they did anything like this, I could only hope they just go for it and like, cast Jensen Ackles as batman or something. He jumps in, kicks rear end, says like 1 line max (I think Ackles can pull off a bat growl) and then boom, bat lines out of the shot.

It would be, I think, the right amount of silly, and I think this show could pull it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

SirDan3k posted:

Maybe they can retcon him into man of steel and we can pretend thousands did't die because Flash was giving Supes a thumbs up when he'd cleared a building to punch Zod through.

I know this is probably not the case, but suddenly I need this to be what happened.

• Locked thread