Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

Stumbling through Season 1 finally, holy poo poo the island scenes are so good. I've learned not to expect actual payout with these things, but drat I'm like 20 episodes in and this is some seriously cool poo poo. Aussie and Asian badasses help dirty dirty richboy survive against Nazi whoever stand-ins. It's like maybe 10 minutes an episode but it is outstandingly good television. I keep waiting for Slade to die and he keeps doesn't and it's thrilling every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

So you haven't seen Season 2 yet? Season one, as good as it was, is garbage compared to the glory that awaits you in season 2. Just binge through the whole thing.

No I haven't. I'm quite smitten with the show as I'm closing S1, even if it means having to accept a few glaring realities of television concessions. I can't decide if I wanna burn $30 and buy Season 2 on Amazon instead of waiting the two weeks for it to show up on Netflix. Why would they delay the airing until the freakin new season started.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I wanted to type stuff about watching more of this but I really don't know what to type. It's all all been said I'm sure, and whatever superlatives I blather up can't describe how great Season 1 ended and the transition into Season 2.

The duo-heart stabbing to get rid of Merlyn was kind of weird.

There. My single complaint, and it's as banal as wondering why the bullets never hit.

I think it might be cool to point out how they addressed the problems that season 1 had and how loving awesome they were dealt with. Thea became a real character and her relationship with the hoodlum is decent. Mother Arrow starts behaving like an actual human being. Malcolm's sudden ninja training is decently explained by the League. Ollie's kind of weird murderspree that was glossed over is dealt with immediately. There's even a goof on how the geekgirl suddenly realizes she should have had a problem with it. Oh and all that awesome island stuff that can't possibly be dragged out much longer actually takes a crazy awesome turn that could last forever.

Someone asked above what Diggs contributes to the season. I'm only 5 or 6 episodes in and there's been at least one shirtless wrestling scene.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The way I'm tearing through these I'm not sure there will be that many posts to make.

I feel dumb for complaining about the way Merlyn died and then like the next episode he loving shows up alive. Offffffff course he is. I'm glad that he instantly declared that Thea was his daughter just so the most ridiculous thing on the show wasn't his being alive.

The Flash episode was really super dorky but cute.

Kind of bummed they are building Slade up to be the head villain. I really hope it's not a waste. Is he getting his own spinoff show too maybe?

As someone who couldn't really stand Laurel in the first season, she seems great as a semi-antagonist. I can't tell if it's just a by-product of the show having other stuff to do, but I also like how she isn't just magically cured from her breakdown.

I forget what specific episode I'm on but season seems to have slowed a bit after that breakneck opening. Can't wait for nobody to ever say the word Miracle-unum again.

I dunno how spoilers work so sorry or whatever.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah, I think it's one thing to enjoy the show for having so many spinning plates, but goddamn it must be frustrating watching this throughout the year. As soon as I said something about it being neat that Laurel's spiral was just a thing happening in the background, they make it front and center for a few eps. This show is really amazing. There's like a dozen episodes between when Sara leaves and shows up again and not a single one of them feels like filler.

Except for that loving Clockman episode. It's like the bugeye Lost dude from Person of Interest decided to rob banks.

Also holy poo poo this show does a good job with it's villains. Why do I like Deadshot so much. Also Tiger. I'm pretty sure he didn't have a name for 90% of the time I've seen him, but drat. His jailbreak was amazing and it is cool he doesn't just up and vanish.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Deadshot is one of my favorite comic book characters.

It took me so long to realize this was a different character than the guy played by Colin Ferrel in Daredevil.

Some Numbers posted:

I miss Shrapnel now. :(

Was I supposed to recognize that guy? That roll call was like cool, Deadshot. And Wolverine. And uh... uh.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah I assumed it was the bomb guy but I really didn't recognize him at all.

And the very next episode I watch starts with the show pointedly making fun of all the bobbling plotlines and bringing back shrewd CEO lady. Is it reading my mind or controlling my thoughts.

EDIT: gently caress OLLIE WHY DIDNT YOU PUT AN ARROW THROUGH HIS OTHER EYE.

kater fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Sep 28, 2014

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Closing of the penultimate episode: HOLY poo poo IM SO GLAD MERLYN LIVED.

Five minutes later: Oh.

That said, I'm loving how distraught Thea is over her dad acting like a super dorky dad. Super dorky ninja dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I click the next episode button but it's not there what is going on.

I don't know if it's just that I haven't watched television shows like it in a while but this show redefines what I think that sort of production is capable of. It is just so good. The city in chaos bit was just great. And there were so many shots where it's like, okay, I'm assuming this was faked computer stuff, but it still looks great, so uh... great.

Also as silly as I thought most of the island stuff was this year, they brought it around to somewhere even better than the magic tanker did at the start.

• Locked thread