Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Can't wait for the blossoming love between Ollie and Diggle to hit its stride this season!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

gently caress, tuned in a couple minutes late when Diggle and Felicity were paradropping.

What'd I miss before that?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Aphrodite posted:

Ollie seeing their plane, and some unimportant dialogue.

Oh, alright.

Episode's off to a great start, Hood copycat army that's planning on going after Ollie.
LITTLE DO THEY KNOW... :3:

"Since you majored in dropping out of college..." :drat:

"Oliver Queen! You failed this city!" :drat:

:tviv:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rope-arrowing away better be how Ollie escapes from every single situation from now on or else I just don't know what to think of this show anymore. :colbert:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

What kind of monster would break a coffee maker in the office place? :gonk:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Please, please don't turn into a love triangle.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

If only this guy knew the truth about Ollie. :allears:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The seeds of a sidekickship have been planted.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

:tviv::tviv::tviv::tviv::tviv:
:tviv::tviv::tviv::tviv::tviv:

Laurel, you magnificent woman.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

What's the deal with this Soldiers of the Apocalypse series? I can't find it on anywhere but imdb.

e: Oh, duh.
http://www.sotaseries.com/home

It's a web series and apparently it's in development hell.

IMDB had me thinking it had 12 episodes aired. :argh:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 19, 2013

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Well, that rescue left me grinning.
Too bad they haven't given her the ability to talk yet.

Also, holy hell, this Doll Maker stuff is grim as hell. :catstare:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ra's Al Ghul.
RA'S AL GHUL.

This episode, god drat.
I love how fast everything's moving along.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

When people bring up "the terrible Birds of Prey" are they referring to the comics or the short lived series or both?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Aphrodite posted:

The show.

I'm sure there were bad runs of Birds of Prey, but I think it's mostly well regarded.

drat, always had an interest in checking out the show just because it has a live action Harley Quinn.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

WarLocke posted:

The show is pretty bad (in a campy way) but the actress ho plays Harlene Quinzel really sells what she gets as far as writing goes. It's only 13 episodes, I'd give it a try.

Yeah, sure, couldn't hurt I guess.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mcbexx posted:

Catching on, hopping on the :tviv::bandwagon:

This was just shameless, though.

I don't see what's shameless about that?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

drat, this show doesn't waste any time.
I loving love it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

That was brutal.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

What in the ever loving gently caress? Sara was an interrogator for the bad guys? I... :stonk:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

New Sarah has a weird thing with her mouth and it's bugging me, other than that I like her.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

DivisionPost posted:

HAVE YOU FOUND SOMEBODY FOR ME TO HIT YET?

:siren: New thread title right here! :siren:

loving hell, that was a sweet little skirmish.
Also, Moira is making me sad.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 7, 2013

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Well, that... webisode was pointless as gently caress all? :shrug:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So I guess every character with a color in their name will get that color dropped? :negative:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

You need to be aware of your surroundings. :smug:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

WarLocke posted:

For how utterly bad that show was, that final fight scene was pretty drat awesome.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kda9_RDHwM4

Yikes, that's Power Rangers levels of cheese.
I think I'll pass on ever checking that out.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

This was the best I could do, I had to slow it down slightly just to make it visible and even then I'm not sure how apparent it is.

I also considered one where the TV was replaced by Black Canary shrieking at the viewer but that'll have to wait for another day.

I feel like Ollie should be further behind the holy gently caress and the arrow itself more pronounced, also needs more green overall.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 7, 2013

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

:golfclap:

We have a winner, make it a part of the smiley arsenal, gents.

Also, has anyone nabbed the season 1 soundtrack? It's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dINK9HneLYM

Deakul fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 7, 2013

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Keeku posted:

Regarding Nightwing, anyone know if there's any truth to this? https://twitter.com/McQueeninchains

Two tweets, both tagging Arrow writers.

"Nightwing training @ARROWwriters @GBerlanti @KyleDHiggins @RapaportCasting pic.twitter.com/1YN5IrBVC4"

(he is wearing a Nightwing shirt, so may just be referencing that...)

"Had some superhero conversations with the executives this weekend @ARROWwriters"

Either way, based on that photo I could believe him as Grayson more than that nose guy photo that was posted earlier in this thread.

Jesus, please no.
I hate this kid so much.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Azhais posted:

That's pretty much the entire cast and plotline of TVD, so hard to blame the actor for that

Except the rest of the cast and plot of TVD are much better acted and written than anything he's ever done on the show.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Aphrodite posted:

Now now, this isn't the terrible show thread.

Indeed, it isn't.
No one's mentioned any terrible shows yet save for Smallville and Birds of Prey. ;)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rhyno posted:

I'm pretty sure Agents of SHIELD has come up numerous times.

I reserve judgement on AoS until the season is over.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Drifter posted:

bland bland bland bland bland bland bland decent - Wow, What a great season!!!

Because first seasons of every series ever are always incredible? No show has ever redeemed itself after their first season, truly.
No show has ever had a first season end with a string of great episodes.
Ever.
Never happened!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Error 404 posted:

Flash Fact!
Just imagine every person uselessly making GBS threads on AoS to be the comic book guy from the simpsons, it makes following threads about nerdshows a lot more tolerable.

Alright, that could work.
That's certainly the impression I've been getting from the critics here.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'd certainly agree that Arrow's first season was by no means a perfect piece of work, but I thought the first half of the season had enough interesting elements to keep me entertained. Best of all, the show had a great sense of when to tweak the formula.

Diggle's banter with Oliver became an early highlight, and his role was drastically expanded. Felicity gave the show some much-needed levity, and quickly became part of the Arrow team.

And while Tommy was insufferable in the first few episodes, they very quickly moved him away from the "rear end in a top hat best friend" trope.

Looking at wikipedia's list of episodes, I'd reckon that the show found its groove relatively early. Malcolm showed up in episode 9, the kinda midseason finale. That's the one that ends with Ollie laid out in a hospital bed. And I remember watching that and going "Whoa, I'm actually curious to see where they go from here."

----

By contrast, even Agents of SHIELD's best episodes are basically passable monster-of-the-week plots. The show has a distressing lack of serialization or ANY ongoing plot whatsoever.

But here's the thing - the networks are full of fun and entertaining procedurals. But Agents of SHIELD has only delivered a few decent 40 minute plots, that only pop when the guest stars turn in great performances.

The core cast of AoS is the largest drawback to enjoying the show. There is absolutely no one I give a fig about in that entire group; even Colson seems to lose any allure when surrounded with such bland characters.

It's not insurmountable, by any stretch. But even the Whedon shows that struggled (Buffy, Dollhouse) had intriguing elements that weren't being put together well.

----

But christ, trying to judge Agents of SHIELD against Arrow's second season is a bloodbath. This string of great Arrow episodes isn't even really happening because of all the new players bouncing around. The Arrow writers have done an outstanding job at shifting all of its surviving season one characters into new (or new-ish) roles.

Oliver's certain he still wants to save the city, but he's not sure how to proceed now that his primary motivation (The List) has been shunted aside. The city's gone straight to hell, objectively worse than last year. And on top of that, he's trying to keep to a new moral code and run his family's company.

Diggle and Felicity are no longer letting Oliver bullshit them with vague comments about his past - they're aiding him instead of just helping him this year.

Thea is no longer stuck in a weirdly sterile Gossip Girl riff, Moira is atoning for her sins and certainly holding the keys to the season's next big arc, Roy is giving us a human face on what's happening in the glades, Detective Lance is no longer acting like a dumb rear end in a top hat... even Laurel's material is much improved.

And then you throw in Brother Blood, Summer Glau, everything with the Black Canary...

No contest.

Fantastic post.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rarity posted:

Do you even watch that show? Cause it sure don't sound like it.

Yeah, those would be the only parts of the post I really disagree about.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

God drat that was only the first 12 minutes?!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

drat, I could've sworn only Slade's hands were on fire?
Also wow, Thea's done dealing with everyone's bullshit I guess.
And god drat Diggle is a beast.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I don't like Sara anymore. :colbert:
Bring on Laurel, I say.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ugh, please tone down the melodrama between Felicity and Ollie.

That's such a predictable hook-up that I don't want happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Shakugan posted:

This episode was weird and everyone seemed out of character. Somehow exploding and mowing down russian prison guards is totally ok despite Ollie changing his ways (especially considering those guards aren't "bad guys"), Diggle just letting Deadshot go for no reason whatsoever (inevitably for him to end up in his old profession). Seriously, how many innocent people died/will die in the Arrowverse because of Diggle's actions in this episode?

Then of course, the Felicity drama, ughh. Up until this point she's always made the double entendres, Ollie doesn't take them seriously, everyone has a good laugh etc. But this episode has clearly established Ollie and Felicity as a thing, and it's totally and completely unnecessary.

Pretty much my thoughts, this wasn't a great episode.
I was hoping it was going to be explaining what Ollie's doing in the Russian mob actually.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 14, 2013

• Locked thread