Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Amazing OP can't wait for this show to be back. By the way, the comic has just introduced Diggle to the comic book canon :allears:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48244

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

hcreight posted:

They hired a pilot (who owned the plane) to fly them to the island.

I haven't seen the new episodes yet, but I must ask if the pilot was related somehow with Ferris Aircraft. It would be really nice if they'll introduce Hal like that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Reading the most recent issue of the comic I found amusing how hard they're working to meld the series universe into the proper DCU. Diggle's pretty much the same guy, We have Moira, the 'arrow-cave'. It can't be too long before we got Felicity in there.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I think that he looks fine, Barry was a lanky scientist before turning into the flash.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
In another news, Amell just posted this on his FB

Hopefully a goatee isn't far :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
There're rumors about a Young Justice Live Action series for the CW

What the gently caress :psyduck:

(hope is alright for the thread, the YJ thread fell to the archives and this note is tangentially related to arrow)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

xeria posted:

I'm not sure why at all that's relevant. This isn't a Teen Titans thread; it's an Arrow thread. It shouldn't matter what he goes by in any other show/movie/comic. Here, he is currently Slade, island inhabitant with a horribly burned face.

I don't think it's an unreasonable request to not wax poetic about what happens to each associated character in other media, which also may or may not happen to them in this one tv show, at least outside of spoiler tags. (Also, Deadpool -- the mod, not the character -- tried to institute a "don't talk about the comics" rule in TVIV for relevant shows, and they even started a thread in BSS for discussing tv shows relative to their comic source material.)

Thing is, a lot of the best plot twists on Arrow come from the writers taking the expectation builded by the character's comic book stories and then turn them into it's head. There's also the fact that they take advantage of the comic link to bring more attention to the series, I think that few people would care about Barry's debut this week were not aware that he's the Flash on the comics.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

xeria posted:

It'd be different if the only Sara we had was her popping back up alive on the island and no Canary in present-time, but people kept saying, "Oh man, I can't wait for Sara to come back as Canary! It's going to blow Oliver's mind!"

That's kind of a bad example actually. Sara doesn't exist on the comics and such she was a OG character that nobody really cared about (and I seem to remember that a lot of people was upset during season 1 for her fridging, calling it cheap writing or something similar) the speculation runned rampant about Laurel since in the comics she's Black Canary and GA's girlfriend.

Then we got the Canary reveal and everyone got their mind blowed since nobody was expecting for the writers to going there (same as happened with Slade´s reveal in fact)

Personal preferences in the end, but I think that having speculation about the series taking as base the comics make the actual series way more interesting when our expectations are subverted.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Anyways, BC got a few 'teasers' for upcoming episodes of Arrow coming from the source that told them the YJ story:

“Born on a Monday…”

Someone else survived the island.

Amanda makes an offer.

A better use for that clocktower.

What is the question you should have asked?

Ollie is not the first vigilante.

Not all hoods are green.

A blank expression.

“Archer”

“Rise”

The hood one is really interesting for me since I can delude myself with a possible Jason Todd (Red Hood)introduction :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

bobkatt013 posted:

Also there is no way that they will introduce Jason Todd. That is too much baggage with Batman, and even his name is a Joker refrence.

That's why I said 'delude myself' :v:

:smith:

Probably they're just alluding to Roy

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

This episode is gonna be great :allears:

'Sorry I'm late' :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Spergatory posted:

New clip!

Barry gets all :science: and :swoon: over the vigilante. It is adorable. :3:

This guy is perfect as Barry Allen, can't wait to see him as Flash :flashfact:

Amell's really an awesome dude, he live tweeting Supernatural and shooting poo poo with Jared, Jensen and Misha was the highlight of my night.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Another villian heading to Arrow

Clock King

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
While we're talking about Flash, casting calls for Iris West and her father have supposedly surfaced:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=49531

If that's true, is interesting that they're making them african-american.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dexo posted:

Welp. If that Happens then that explains how Roy is eventually going to don the Red Hood.

Now I'm gonna be sad everytime that I see that nickname since they would be talking about Roy and no about Jason. :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Also, the first part of the Q&A

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=544218312330107&set=vb.146921975393078&type=2&theater

Stephen is such a fantastic dude :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
You know, it boggles the mind that two of the show runners (Guggenheim and Berlanti) were behind the Green Lantern movie.

WHY YOU COULDN'T BE EQUALLY AWESOME BACK THEN? :qq:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

I imagine the DC movie people were all over it. I haven't seen it but I understand it's a pretty faithful adaptation of comic book stuff.

The movie itself isn't THAT bad but is all over the place, it feels like three really good movies pasted together to make a mediocre one.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dead Snoopy posted:

The amazing thing about this for comic book fans is that based on that article, I'm willing to bet that the entire side-kick concept is going to be iced in favor of putting Roy directly into the 'Arsenal' spot. Arsenal, in my opinion, is just another failed version of a side-kick's evolution in that DC never made him that compelling but by the time everything cleared before 'new 52' the only thing memorable about Arsenal was becoming a drug addict and a waste of potential. It's like tv DC is looking at movie Marvel's Winter Soldier adaptation and going, "we can show how this would go down in flames."

It never's gonna happen but I would love if Roy becoming Arsenal opens the door for them to bring in Jason Todd since they're bes buddies on the N52 :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 11, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Warmachine posted:

Don't give the Supernatural fans any ammunition. You know how... weird... they can be.

You better hope that they don't introduce Hal then:

:haw:

All the talk about Flash being more grounded at first and the build the meta aspect is kind of hard at this point going by Barry's story about his mom's muderderer (granted, that was a really subtle nod than only comicbook fans will get) since that confirmed Zoom's excitence in the Arrowverse.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

hi liter posted:

I'm pretty sure being a horny teenager is part of the Wally West thing but someone better versed in Flash lore can speak with more authority.

Back to TV discussion, do we expect an actual Ras al Ghul appearance this season? Or just continued name dropping? They seem to have a pretty full plate so far, but this show man, this show.

We don't know anything about Ra's however, his daughter Nissa has been cast

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ShakeZula posted:

I think the "becomes a Russian gangster" part of his backstory is being overblown. We know that Anatoly feels immense gratitude for Ollie saving his life, and that when the Starling City Russians called to confirm his status it was Anatoly who backed him up. I think the most likely scenario is that Anatoly gives him the tattoo and promises to help him out whenever he can. I really doubt Ollie spent much (if any) time in Russia doing mafia stuff.

I don't think is as simple, there must be a good reason for Ollie to know a near 'perfect' russian and how to play convencingly a mafia captain after all.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Krad posted:

There'd be a bunch of characters for any future DC movies that they probably won't be allowed to use on the show aside from a passing reference.

edit: knowing movie studios, it's not crazy to think that they'd save any potentially major stuff for their movies.

That's a valid point, however, I never expected to see Flash on Arrow so I'll say that all the bets are off now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

bunnyofdoom posted:

Oh man, I hope Ryan Reynolds shows up, and Amell and him have an ab-off across American in a motorcycle

That would be fantastic :allears:

The Arrow FB page put up a brief video of Emily Bett Rickard answering some fan questions

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=336504733154232&set=vb.104137579724283&type=2&theater

She's adorable :3:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Apparently on The Flash we'll be seeing Mechanical Engineer Cisco Ramon AKA Vibe

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/12/26/vibe-to-make-waves-on-the-cws-flash/

Why loving Vibe? :psyduck:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
What a great day, Colton showing how a dress should've worn and Amell just posted a spoilerific pic on his facebook. Can't wait for this show to return :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That's the first one he posted, I was talking about this one:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

hi liter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt__KX9sfvU

For folks like me who missed the preview. Seems very much like Ollie will reveal his identity to Roy. Also more Bronze Tiger.

Well, now we know who was that 'hood' tease about. Not Jason Todd to be found on Arrow (I know it was a really looooooong shot but I wanted to believe :smith:)

At least Slade is loving awesome. :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Just gonna leave this here:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Merlinicus posted:

Western hemisphere Latino culture is a strange mix of Catholicism and indigenous religion--saying the gods are dead is a totally normal statement for that type of culture, and probably would mean something like "well if this is happening God clearly doesn't care and must have abandoned me" in English. I don't think it's meant to be interpreted as anything particularly significant.

Er, no.

The religion is so ingrained on the popular collective than is easier for people to kill themselves than accept than God is dead, also, we got plenty of saints but only one true god.

Agree on than the line could be lacking any deeper meaning though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Spoilers for a future episode and retuning character

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MrFlibble posted:

Apparently this was leaked on 4chan before the announcement - also leaked was Nightwing shows up (with no reference to the bat-family)

I know, I know - 4chan. But still I'll take the hope here.

I'll have a stroke if that turns to be true :suspense:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Spoilerific stills from Feb 5 episode

Goddamn, Nyssa looks amazing

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MrFlibble posted:

Called it. That episode was pretty baller, can't wait for the next one. And for the eventual Suicide squad, because that, like H.I.V.E, is probably going to be on the backburner until next season.

Possible big spoiler For those keeping track at home, the Moira running for mayor was in the same set of 'leaks' as Nightwing coming to the show

:psyboom:

poo poo, gotta have ready a bodybag then, that's gonna kill me for sure :suspense:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

King of Solomon posted:

Have a universe where Batman probably exists, and only refer to him vaguely (if at all.)

Yeah, while Nightwing is mostly associated to Batman he's a legitimate character on his own right. I'd dare to say than always keeping him related to Batman is harmful for Dick since restrict him.

Jason can also work on his own and even Tim, Damian's the only one who can't work without referencing Batman directly.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, I can see Dick being more of a jokester. Think in a mix between Ollie's physical prowess with Barry's charm (using as basis this show's depictions at least).

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
On the Flash news, Iris West has been casted

Also, all the cast keeps being loving awesome

"That Mirakuru has some crazy side effects!" - Slade

Oh Manu :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

Apparently episode 16 is titled Suicide Squad.

:suspense:

Why March is so long away?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Heads up guys, Amell will be doing a live Q&A on the Arrow fanpage at 12 PM EST/9 AM EST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Stephen Amell posted:

K... Facebook has fully blocked me from making comments on any and all posts because I'm so prolific at replying their algorithm's determined I must be a spam bot. I AM AMELL THE SPAM BOT.

Sorry everybody... Wanted to go for another 30 minutes. My apologies if your question didn't get answered.

We will do this again and it won't mess up.

In the meantime... I'm sort of glad I broke Facebook.

He's the best :allears:

• Locked thread