Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Okay, hetero man-crush confirmed on this guy.. He (along with like everyone on Supernatural) seem like they'd be awesome to grab a beer with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Drifter posted:

I think Deathstroke's helmet is really kinda dumb. He looks like a disturbed bobblehead. Just wanted to put it out there.

It fits the color scheme, and I think it looks better than if they had done some sort of fabric or latex pullover. I'd like to see what prototypes they looked at before settling on this one though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Don't be silly. He saw the Arrowsignal.

(Yes, that was a thing in the comics...)

Yeah, like in the 50's..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

He's such a happy dude. Rare to be that good looking and not also be a giant douchebag.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

What rank of IT makes it so you're privy to super high-level corporate meetings like Felicity? I mean, I love her, don't get me wrong, but there's no way she'd just be allowed to hang out during those.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

That actually makes sense, I didn't think about it like that..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

That was the same reason Goku wanted to leave the planet in Dragon Ball Z, he thought that since he was so strong things kept showing up wanting to fight him and oh god I'm such a nerd what have I been doing with my life?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yannick_B posted:

This was my first time watching the show (starting with a season 2 premiere, in THIS day and age???) and I thought it was pretty fun. A lot of the stuff I had previously heard about the show had me avoiding it in it's first season.
The character feels often a bit too Batman-lite, but given the genealogy it's to be expected.
I am LOVING the stuff about Oliver not wanting to be a killer and standing for something greater.
It goes right on the DVR!

If you missed Season 1, you REALLY need to go back and watch it. It is absolutely fantastic.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Edit: ^^^Beat me to it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kegslayer posted:

Haven't the writers and Barrowman actually stated that Merlyn is dead?

Season 2 Spoilers
I thought Barrowman's return to the show was just in flashbacks?

hcreight posted:

They're intentionally being vague about this.

Moira said that he was dead while talking to someone in prison (Thea or Ollie, don't remember). If Oliver knew it were not true, then I'm sure he would have reacted. He left Diggle with him at the end of season 1, I'm sure Diggle would have make sure he was dead.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kegslayer posted:

We already have three people on the show that can catch/block an arrow in mid flight and multiple people who can take a hell of a beating or disappear without a trace. Having super powered people wouldn't be that much of a big deal as long as there are ways Ollie can counter those powers.

Deathstroke can do it with a stick.

Or a sword.

I think Ollie will be fine.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Deadpool posted:

Come on dude. It's in the OP. We're trying to set a good example in this thread for the those that can't control themselves in that other bad thread.

My bad. :blush:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Uber Kosh posted:

Holy poo poo. Didn't see it mentioned here previously but Moira's lawyer is Jean Loring. That's a neat little reference.

drat, why didn't I catch that?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Oasx posted:

Maybe I missed something, but why would she become that?

Because Laurel Lance is Black Canary in the comics. Her first name is Dinah though, Laura is her middle name. Sarah (to my knowledge) does not exist in the comic book universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Diggle is too well trained, actually. Special Forces soldiers get under 100 hours of hand to hand training.

It's a common thing on TV though.

That doesn't mean he can't train further on his own. And we know he spars with Ollie on a fairly regular basis.

• Locked thread