Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

My most anticipated network show returning. Can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bloopers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnPWdg3JwSA

Sizzle Reel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp4QSxylq9g

This season is going to be fun!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Amazing OP can't wait for this show to be back. By the way, the comic has just introduced Diggle to the comic book canon :allears:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48244

This is a great example of the kind of comic talk that is cool to have in this thread. The fact that they're introducing Diggle into the comics is pretty awesome.

Sober posted:

Pretty much marathoned season 1 while on a plane, so now I'm excited to be joining you guys each week for season 2! :dance:

Although I'm kinda concerned where the Island flashbacks will be going since they pretty much killed Fyres and friends, will it just be training montages?

I'm not spoiling anything by saying this, but the island stuff is one of the things that the writers have said they've already planned out for about five seasons. They've set tentpoles for that whole arc. And in one interview even mentioned that the plan is to have the last island flashback sequence in season five be the beginning of the Pilot where Oliver is rescued. Of course this is all subject to change over time. You never know how things are going to work out five years down the line. But the fact they have a blueprint for all of that is pretty cool.

X-O fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 3, 2013

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wednesdays on CW are all about family this fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS8YrtwlaFk

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Torrannor posted:

WTF, but at least we now know that the good looks probably come from the male line. And something is wrong with me, I found that funny.

No, if you found that funny I'd say there's nothing wrong at all because it was funny.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

XboxPants posted:

Is there anywhere to watch that Season 1 recap that CW apparently aired? Can't find any mention of it online.

I haven't seen it on any legit sites. May have missed it though.

I will actually be watching this one live tonight. And probably every week. I like this show a lot and will break from my delayed TV viewing for it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh poo poo. Way to start show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh Arrow how I've missed you.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Haha, Felicity did the same thing Oliver did when he stepped on the mine and Diggle reacted the same as Slade did.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ok, that was awesome. I love this show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hollis posted:

Yeah that was pretty cool. Did they say "The Hoods" or "The Hoodsmen" ?

Pretty sure it was The Hoods.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is a four hour premiere right guys? :allears:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This show sure knows how the hell to throw to a commercial.

Also this commercial is great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I love this music.

Edit: holy poo poo :stare:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hollis posted:

What's up with the vocal thing. Also neat how they have started introducing him you know not brutally murdering people. I like how this season is suppose to be him turning into Green Arrow and shedding the ruthless murderer thing.

He uses a vocal modulator of some sort. And yeah, while he's regaining his humanity in present day we'll see him losing it on the island.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yessssssss!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I love this show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hollis posted:

The showrunners or producers or whatever have said we'd be getting some heros, but their all really grounded Green Arrow stuff. They're drawing semi heavily from the very good Green Arrow run from the 80s by Mike Grell.

The League of Assassins will probably come into play at some point, I don't know who that white haired asian girl is she's not Lady Shiva I don't think.

Eh, Flash isn't really grounded Green Arrow stuff.

Kelly Hu plays China White.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hollis posted:

Yeah but supposedly he shows up as Barry Allen first then he has the accident and that is suppose to lead into the Flash series their hoping to spin off . He probably doesn't appear in costume

Well, they've already said he'll have a version of the costume. But much later this season. He shows up first as Barry Allen in episode 8 and closer to the end of the season will be the Flash episode that serves as a backdoor pilot of sorts for the new series.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

From the pilot of the show.

Seems that Summer Glau is on the list.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I actually like Roy quite a bit and wish he would they would start giving him a bigger part to play in all this. That's really my only complaint with the show. I know it'll be coming sooner rather than later, but I'm ready to go ahead and bring him into the team now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hahaha, everything about this scene is fantastic.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh poo poo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I really like that Laurel and her father have basically switched places. He's way more interesting helping Oliver and she is infinitely more interesting in trying to chase him down.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I really love all the personal conflicts going on here. These writers are good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Slade is not happy. Uh oh.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is great stuff here.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

frgildan posted:

This is gonna sound weird but is Slade got a thing for Ollie or Shadow? Because that follow up scene could be either.

Yeah, I don't think so. That was clearly Slade just trying to mess with Oliver's head and make him think he was turning into a killer. Exactly the opposite of what Shado told him. Shado and Slade are going the be his Yin and Yang.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I already love the Sebastian Blood character. He's a great foil for Oliver.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

New Leaf posted:

Deathstroke can do it with a stick.

Or a sword.

I think Ollie will be fine.

Come on dude. It's in the OP. We're trying to set a good example in this thread for the those that can't control themselves in that other bad thread.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hcreight posted:

Amell and his wife had their first child the other day. Guess how they celebrated? :3:

I hope it was on Amellsday.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

If Arrow was on TV it had to be.

That's not Arrow. It's The Tomorrow People. And I thought it repeated on Fridays, but I guess that was just the premiere.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I always thought Chloe was one of the worst parts of Smallville. Not as bad as Lana, but still pretty terrible.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Felicity is like the Anti-Chloe. She's actually funny when she's supposed to be and doesn't weigh down the the plot of the show when she's involved.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well goddamn. That was some good TV.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So let me get this straight...

In one 40 minute episode they accomplished:

-Resolving the Laurel/Arrow conflict after three episodes in the best way possible where she comes to terms with her grief and realizes it clouded her judgment instead of letting it play out over the season like any other show would do.

-Establishing him as The Arrow.

-Introducing and establishing Black Canary and Sin.

-Having a creepy and really well done villain of the week.

-Getting Oliver off the island in the flashbacks.

-Establishing the League of Assassins and Ra's Al Ghul.

And that's on top of all the great little things in the episode such as the Officer Lance/Arrow team up scenes.

Also I didn't see anyone mention it but the way the recap went right into the beginning of the episode with no cut whatsoever was awesome.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

etalian posted:

I love how it doesn't waste time and avoids the filler episode of the week.

It's 22-23 episodes a season. There's eventually going to be a little filler. And that's fine. As long as they don't draw huge stories out past their expiration date filler is fine. Just because it's plot filler doesn't mean it can't be fun.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Drifter posted:

What point? I was saying that in a high population, poor area I would have expected more people to die.

And more would have had it happened without anyone knowing it was going to happen. You're forgetting that it was broadcast on the news beforehand and that they were trying to evacuate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I know they're ramping up the comic tie-ins big time but can we please ease up on comic talk about stuff not in the show. Like Batman. Yes, I know there's a lot of ripoff stuff with Batman and Green Arrow but that's been hammered into the ground for years. Also don't bring up backstory for characters that haven't even been introduced on the show yet please. I know some of you guys are like me and like all these comic nods and the directions they seem to be heading in, but there's plenty of people here that have never touched a comic so just let them experience this stuff when show introduces them if it even does. There is a TV thread in BSS now and it's pretty sparse on Arrow conversation last I checked. So maybe you fellow comic fans can initiate a little conversation there.

• Locked thread