Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Diggle will crush everyone with his muscles.

Unlikely since he never got sent to gladiator school like Manu Bennet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bubblegumbo0 posted:

I was more entertained within the first 30min of this episode 1 than all 3 episodes of SHIELD combined. Finally Manu Bennett is back on TV :allears:

Maybe they could just move over the entire cast of Spartacus to Arrow?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WarLocke posted:

I guess this makes me a dirty old man :quagmire:

(I have 11 years on her what the gently caress)

Glee is another show that has people in their 20s and even early 30s portraying high school characters.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Felicity was pretty annoying throughout all of season 1. She's been better so far.

Chloe was always terrible.

It's still pretty much the dream geek girl trope similar to Kaylee from Firefly.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm perfectly fine with the show being a Spartacus and Firefly refugee camp.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Leb posted:

Judging by all the shirtless photos of the main characters, I just assumed they swam to and from the island.

Part of being a super-hero is cutting the amount of time wasted on laundry day?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taffer posted:

This show loving owns so much.

I love how it doesn't waste time and avoids the filler episode of the week.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DeclaredYuppie posted:

Watched the first season over the weekend and finally got Hulu+ to catch up on this season.

It's really impressive to see a superhero show that not only draws reasonable comparisons to Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, but in some ways seems to surpass it.

Also how they turned Vancouver into a grimy Gotham City-esque slum feeling for many of the on location shooting for places such as the Glades.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The arrow world window and glass making companies always have new job openings.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hollis posted:

Alot of people compare Green Arrow to Batman but they're pretty completely different. There's no pretending with Oliver, Oliver is always "Oliver" he doesn't pretend to be anyone else.

Batman is pretending to be Bruce Wayne. It's just a part he plays , there's no difference between Oliver and Green Arrow. He doesn't pretend to be "Oliver Queen". He has a secret but it's not a "secret identity".

This is pretty much the best summary of Batman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l1PMVvfjDM

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hollis posted:

I'm looking forward to the Oliver becomes Mayor or runs for Mayor arc which will be really loving awesome hopefully. I always liked that story.

Ollie becomes mayor and changes the city bylaws to replace direct elections with a salmon ladder contest for mayoral races.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

I lived in Vancouver for a year and adore the many, many BC landmarks that pop up.

I guess the film tax credits plan is working well?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dead Snoopy posted:

Vancouver just lost Man of Steel 2, so ...no.

I hope they at least have a bronze BSG memorial plaque in Vancouver.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

This is how I took it as well. It's not as if Deathstroke and Shado aren't enough to train Ollie to his current level of badassness.

I would think getting trained by the Champion of Capua would be more than enough

:colbert:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taffer posted:

Yeah seconding this. I've never read the comics and know nothing about any of the characters or their backstories, and it really kills it for me when I read a ton about some character in this thread before they even show up on camera. Also the endless and pointless comparisons to batman are so awful.

It's almost like the Game of Thrones thread in this respect.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

He really is a nice guy who loves his work and he's cut like hell. I want to hate him, but I just can't.

Well at the least he could easily survive the Salmon ladder portion of the ninja warrior obstacle course.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

At least Manu Bennet has lots of experience in training future champions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQT4yvkNR_U

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Azhais posted:

It's reasonably impressive they found 1:18 of gladiator screentime that didn't include nudity

it took me many hours to find a Spartacus clip that didn't include gratuitous violence and nudity.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Darth Brooks posted:

I'm waiting for a stun arrow. I just realized that the arrow was aimed for his head. Ollie must have either assumed he was going to catch it or was aiming to kill.

He already used a taser arrow to defeat bronze tiger

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Phylodox posted:

You guys are going to eat your words when Stephen Amell posts a video of Caity Lotz getting served by Katie Cassidy's sick dance moves next week.

Maybe just replace the boring fight choreography with West Side story dance offs?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

zoux posted:

Yeah I've always loved Arrow's realism *shoots rocket in mid air with an arrow*

The most realistic aspect of Arrow is everyone happily using Microsoft electronics.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Nyssa has been cast so she'll be a part of it. Ra's still the CEO. I'm pretty happy they mention them all.

On a side note with Katrina Law getting casted as Nyssa it's another sign that the show is becoming a good gig for Spartacus series cast members.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

Liam McIntyre as Catman. :colbert:

The show needs batman, with Liam McIntyre as the bringer of wayne.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

Hey, that's my joke! (edit: ^^^ thank you)

I actually was thinking that since Liam didn't get to play Batman, it would be great for him to play Catman for laughs.

It was a really good joke from the Spartacus thread, even Liam McIntyre loved it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Superman is absolutely a character that's easy to write badly. There's literally no functional limit or consistency to his powers. Half the time a missile will knock him flat on his rear end, the other half he can shift the Earth's orbit without breaking a sweat. For someone without a supremely good handle on the character, it becomes either "Superman punches his problems away" or "Superman is just so lonely and misunderstood, you guys". Neither extreme are very good storytelling.

It's why heroes such as Batman or the Punisher are more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rhyno posted:

There will never be a thing as too much Michael Jai White.

the same rule applies to manu Bennet

• Locked thread