Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Backhair Simulator 2k14 GotY!!!

Okay I'm actually just mad I don't have this already... waiting for any black friday-ish deals on PS4's still. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

Backhair Simulator 2k14 GotY!!!

Okay I'm actually just mad I don't have this already... waiting for any black friday-ish deals on PS4's still. :mad:

same here. it seems walmart will have a bundle for $400 w/ last of us and gta and a $50 giftcard. i think thats what im gonna do

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up
really wish I took a screenshot of my character's mugshot. the customization options are pretty neat.

no more of the crank addict whore look for me!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

poopzilla posted:

same here. it seems walmart will have a bundle for $400 w/ last of us and gta and a $50 giftcard. i think thats what im gonna do

Pretty much everybody is doing that bundle. I've seen it on Amazon, Bestbuy and yeah, walmart.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

poopzilla posted:

...wait, this is a thing?

Duke Chin posted:

Pretty much everybody is doing that bundle. I've seen it on Amazon, Bestbuy and yeah, walmart.

:holy:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

For real, I wish I waited a year for that bundle. It's too good.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Making some fat stacks doing some rather easy missions.

Scyron57 on psn if anyone wants to join in. I'm doing low level but I would like to try my luck at some harder missions.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

...wait, this is a thing?

:holy:

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Console/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416449010&sr=8-2&keywords=playstation+4+bundle

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/11/14/ps4-on-black-friday-gta-v-bundle-and-lego-batman-3-bundle/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-4-500gb-black-friday-bundle-black/8637183.p?id=1219365658942&skuId=8637183

This is a thing... it is fo'really reals.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is that just you or does everyone have back hair?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
If you're on PS4 and in a crew, go to online>jobs>playlists>challenges and look for anyone of the ones that have a high dollar amount. Beat the target time and you win lots of money.

I ran a five lap Criminal Records race and won $250,000. It's called "3 min"

You need $250,000 for betting cash and need to be in a crew since it is a crew challenge.

You also need to be solo and you can only run this 4 times per character.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 20, 2014

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Edit is not post.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Kelly posted:

If you're on PS4 and in a crew, go to online>jobs>playlists>challenges and look for anyone of the ones that have a high dollar amount. Beat the target time and you win lots of money.

I ran a five lap Criminal Records race and won $250,000. It's called "3 min"

You need $250,000 for betting cash and need to be in a crew since it is a crew challenge.

You also need to be solo and you can only run this 4 times per character.

Sweet. Just spent $500000 on a monster truck so I'm kinda broke

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

EL Bombastico posted:

really wish I took a screenshot of my character's mugshot. the customization options are pretty neat.

no more of the crank addict whore look for me!

It didn't auto pop one into your gallery?

Updated Sultan graphics are pretty nice

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Has Rockstar said anything with regards to online either not working, not connecting, taking forever to load before timing out, or putting you in an empty server?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Hey does the pearlescent-over-matte-paint-glitch still work? This is crucial... CRUUUUCIAAAAAAAAAAL!

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

geeves posted:

It didn't auto pop one into your gallery?

Haters gunna hate! I spent five minutes muttering to myself before finally figuring out the meaning.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
There's a new place you can go in Grand Chaparral if you want to hide from bounties and it's intense.

circ dick soleil fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 20, 2014

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRP--fxuzzI

I think the Sad Trombone horn may have been the best purchase I've ever made in this game.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Aardmania posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRP--fxuzzI

I think the Sad Trombone horn may have been the best purchase I've ever made in this game.

:lol: Oh my god that's immediately going on most/all my cars when I finally go snag a PS4

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Feenix posted:

Has Rockstar said anything with regards to online either not working, not connecting, taking forever to load before timing out, or putting you in an empty server?

Other than blaming it on the users network settings, no they have not.

Just another failed launch of GTAO to be honest.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Other than blaming it on the users network settings, no they have not.

Just another failed launch of GTAO to be honest.

Yeah I got around to tweeting them a couple hours ago.

Me: (paraphrase) So any status on the online just taking forever/timing out/not connecting?

Them: We would be happy to help please create a ticket.

Me: (politely) With all due respect, I'm not creating a ticket. It's not my problem. It's affecting just about everyone.

[edit[ Lately, it fails to find any crew members to join, then I stare at the clouds for over 5 minutes, then it loads me into an empty online session.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 20, 2014

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Feenix posted:

Me: (politely) With all due respect, I'm not creating a ticket. It's not my problem. It's affecting just about everyone.
To be fair, I've worked in tech support before and sometimes the bottom-end support guys need a shitload of tickets for stats before the higher ups will pay attention and admit there's a general issue.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Feenix posted:

They definitely know about it and are working on it, but that's about it (unless there's a support message somewhere I haven't seen).

e: Sorry I had to bail Wheelman, that was pretty fun wrecking those pubbies' beach fight and then that running battle through Downtown LS :D

Icedude fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Nov 20, 2014

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
googled it, they claaaaaim ps stuff is fixed and xbox gets fixed by tomorrow

dangit i had some time to play!

Jokerfish
May 3, 2007

Bait Master

I posted a request to join LLJK (PS4) if anyone with the power could please throw me an invite. Active player since last gen launch!

My RSSCID: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/jokerfish

Samsquamsch
Jun 6, 2011

Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdooooown!
Yessss I successfully pissed off a clan of assholes by playing Shake it Off on repeat with my phone leaning up against my mic. Then I left because they all four got jets and no way was I going to win against that.

Is the semi-auto sniper rifle the better gun to use against jets? I thought the heavy sniper was the best thing, but one of them was landing a lot of shots on me despite my ducking and weaving, so I'm thinking quantity over quality might be worth trying out.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

We really need a new thread with an updated OP. It's pretty out of date and full of bad info. I haven't played since the original launch and didn't care for it much, so I tried looking at the OP here to see what's changed and none of it's even close. Not even the character creation anymore. It was a good OP for its time but it's almost worthless or downright unhelpful now.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

crusader_complex posted:

googled it, they claaaaaim ps stuff is fixed and xbox gets fixed by tomorrow

dangit i had some time to play!

That sounds like what they said a couple days ago about character transfers. You sure that was about online play / server connections?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I see that it still uses the PS3 invite system which just goes through players online playing GTA in alphabetical order, 15 at a time. Never managed to find a game of anything on PS3 and its looking like the same again now. Its a shame, it seemed to work fine on 360, got into jobs no problem.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

geeves posted:

It really bugs me that the SULTAN RS badge on the rear quarter panel stays white regardless of the car color and is fairly obnoxious now.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

shortspecialbus posted:

We really need a new thread with an updated OP. It's pretty out of date and full of bad info. I haven't played since the original launch and didn't care for it much, so I tried looking at the OP here to see what's changed and none of it's even close. Not even the character creation anymore. It was a good OP for its time but it's almost worthless or downright unhelpful now.

I've been working on this the past day or two. Finally had some time to get one written up. Plus I needed to use the new character creator first.

I do have a couple of questions:

1) Missions payout and RP based on time. A mission or two that's good for this.
2) Same for races? I've found that a good threshold for more payout and RP is about 4 minutes. It's not a huge bump, but if you race solo just to mess around like I do it helps.
3) Can no longer change your hair color at the salon?

BitBasher posted:

It really bugs me that the SULTAN RS badge on the rear quarter panel stays white regardless of the car color and is fairly obnoxious now.

Was it the primary color before? I can't remember.

geeves fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 20, 2014

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

I've been working on this the past day or two. Finally had some time to get one written up. Plus I needed to use the new character creator first.

3) Can no longer change your hair color at the salon?

When you get your hair done, there's a slider at the bottom where you can change the color up on your hair, eyes, eyebrows and facial hair. It makes flipping through the hair so much more streamlined.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

geeves posted:

Was it the primary color before? I can't remember.

Before it would be a lot more subtle as the color of your car approached black.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I just noticed my Car in GTAO has Nitrous. What button do I hit for that? The Controls menu doesn't say?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Feenix posted:

I just noticed my Car in GTAO has Nitrous. What button do I hit for that? The Controls menu doesn't say?

Its purely cosmetic at this point, though I could see it being added in later on using the same characteristics of a race boost pickup.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Wee Bairns posted:

Its purely cosmetic at this point, though I could see it being added in later on using the same characteristics of a race boost pickup.

Ah. Thanks. Wondered if that might be the case.

Anyone on PS4 having any better luck with online? *WHEN* it works, I get dumped into empty servers.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
oh while we're at it, are you still blocked from 99% of hats with certain hairstyles, and can you finally wear more than one accessory at once (like having to pick between earrings or a necklace or a bracelet, not two or all three?)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Any new car mods available for old cars? And, also, would someone be willing to note down the mods for the new cars*, as well as which sections they're in, so I can add them to the spreadsheet?

*Duke O' Death, Dukes, Stallion, Marshall, Blista Compact—possibly BurgerShot Stallion, Pisswasser Dominator, Redwood Gauntlet, Go Go Monkey Blista and Sprunk Buffalo if there are any differences between these version and the regular ones?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
lol race scrubs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLuV419_yXE
If you're gonna rub, learn how to do it :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Psion posted:

oh while we're at it, are you still blocked from 99% of hats with certain hairstyles, and can you finally wear more than one accessory at once (like having to pick between earrings or a necklace or a bracelet, not two or all three?)

On this note, why are we still blocked from wearing any other kind of clothing with the basketball jersey? There are NPCs in the world who wear the jersey plus long sleeve shirts, but player characters are stuck choosing one or the other.

• Locked thread