Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aers
Feb 15, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

Is that a Marvel-anime tie-in on the side?

So if there are 5 girls, will there be a grand total of 15 costumes?

Toei is making a Marvel kids anime next year, its probably that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
http://asahi.co.jp/precure/happiness/
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/happinesscharge_precure/

Toei saves christmas!

I make no claims to the accuracy of this translation.

quote:

Aino Megumi/Cure Lovely: The protagonist whose redeeming features are her happy-go-lucky attitude and smile. When people who feel troubled or depressed want to be left alone, she unintentionally meddles in their issues. Though she is awkward/tactless, and her attempts at helping others often end in failure, she thoroughly looks to the positive and is skilled at seeing the good in people. She has an interest in cute fashion, but her fashion sense isn’t very good…

Shirayuki Hime/Cure Princess: Located in a small country on Earth, she is the princess of the Blue Sky kingdom, and its future queen. To save the Blue Sky Kingdom from being totally ruled by the evil organization of the Phantom Kingdom, she becomes a Pretty Cure, except she is easily scared and will immediately try to escape from in the middle of fights. Because of her shyness she never had friends, but Megumi became her first friend. She loves pretty and cute things and her fashion sense is extraordinary!

Cure Fortune: An unidentified and aloof Pretty Cure. She helps the weak and has a strong sense of justice and a gentleness when she consoles people. With her sense of duty as a Precure and her excellent fighting skills, she goes on her own to bring down the Saiark one by one.

Cure Honey: Please look forward to her introduction ♪

Ribbon: Hime’s mediator/agent/manager, as well as Cure Lovely and Cure Princess’s fairy partner. Every so often, Ribbon uses their adorable voice and cute face to utter bitter/sharp words! Ribbon is a more gutsy person/stronger character than Hime.

Honey already looks like she's going to continue the tradition of yellows being best in magical girl shows.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

What a wonderful christmas present! :sparkles:

Lisandra_brave posted:

Honey already looks like she's going to continue the tradition of yellows being best in magical girl shows.

Indeed! Ribbon's personality sounds like the exact opposite of Candy. Her tiny black ears and eyelashes makes her look kind of like a panda.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Cure Princess's name is literally Snow White.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Does only Hime have a fairy? It'd be nice if they decided to cut back on that a bit, but probably not.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

Does only Hime have a fairy? It'd be nice if they decided to cut back on that a bit, but probably not.

Two fairies are confirmed, see

There are probably tons of fairies since it seems like there's a lot of Precure worldwide.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Further HapCha information. This time we've got various artworks, including Honey's Civilian form.

Seventh Mode
Aug 29, 2012

Mode 7-style rendering was also used for the Special Stages in Sonic CD.
The more you know!
I've always had a soft spot for Magical Girl stuff but I'd never really given Precure a shot. This thread is great. Totally checking out Heartcatch. Thanks OP.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Be sure and give us a trip report! Hearing about peoples' experiences is always great.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Oh my gosh, Smile episode 19 was so very well directed. The art direction with the rain, the story, everything was great.

And then they have episode 20. And we get gems like this.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

I come bearing news And more news!

Do keep in mind that I just get info from other places.

Lovely is Nakajima Megumi
Princess is Han Megumi
Fortune is Tomatsu Haruka
Ribbon is Matsui Naoko
Honey is Not listed

And then we have a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZJc3O4-0mA
Looking a lot like Heartcatch, which isn't a bad thing.

Lisandra_brave fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 5, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I came to post the same video. It's okay to double post if you get new info like that! Especially with how slow this one goes.

On the topic of the VAs, Fortune is in Kyoryuger and Samumenco, right? She seems to be getting a lot of work.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Second season of SAO now, too.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

seems like everyone here is a pedo imho

i'm not sure why this guy likes donkey dicks so much. there was an :nws: pic here.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 6, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Ah yes. Because only guys post on the internet. :frogout:

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Finally watching the Fresh movie made me realize one thing. Fresh has to be my favorite Precure series. Even with the sometimes meandering plot, with all the full on QUALITY, and with the WAGANA WA INFINITY, MUGEN NO MEMORY NARI I genuinely enjoyed the whole series. I enjoyed Eas's story, I liked the character development, I loved that the villains weren't just there for being a plot mover, instead having actual personality, the interpersonal interactions among the villains, and the final bad guy blowing himself up as a final attack against the cures, instead of seeing their way.

Also, the Fresh movie has a surprisingly good CG scene. It doesn't clash with the artstyle that the rest of the series has, and looks really good.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

http://precure.channel.or.jp/pc/index.php

Transformation cards with voice clips and music!
Let it load, then click the cards on the bottom right.
If this doesn't charge your happiness, I don't know what will.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

^^^^That's pretty great. The ninja one cracked me up.

Spoilers for the end of Dokidoki: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=41049405

This was pretty much the most amazing thing that Dokidoki has produced and I'm almost sad it didn't end right there. I couldn't stop laughing through the entire sequence that it made it hard to hear what the characters were saying.

Davi: ビームダビ!
All: じゃない!

That being said I'm so ready for Happiness Charge. Only one more episode of Dokidoki left!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/01/17/happinesscharge-precure-to-include-congratulatory-messages-from-33-precure-girls

The first 33 episodes of Happinesscharge will feature a newly animated 10th anniversary congratulatory message from every Precure except for Cure Echo since she was movie only.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Yeah, that excludes Cures Echo, Flower, Gorilla, Candy, and any obscure, single episode or otherwise non-main Cure. It will certainly be the 33 Cures in the OP. It's odd that the article calls out Echo specifically.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

There's evidence Echo is returning in the new All Star movie. Could be related, dunno.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't believe Precure is actually like 60 years old. Joke.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I would watch that.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Potsticker posted:

Yeah, that excludes Cures Echo, Flower, Gorilla, Candy, and any obscure, single episode or otherwise non-main Cure. It will certainly be the 33 Cures in the OP. It's odd that the article calls out Echo specifically.

How could you ever forget the best cure, Cure Fire?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Oh my god. Blossom Butt Punch. Oh my god.

This episode also had the first transformation sequence with both Blossom and Marine. It was awesome. Friendship owns.

Heartcatch is the first Precure I've ever watched, and I think the magical girl anime I've ever watched. I'm really enjoying it. It's exactly what I need in my life right now.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I'm glad you're enjoying it so much! Heartcatch is a great ride, and you're just getting started. It's the most-recommended entry show to PreCure for a reason.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Last episode of DokiDoki just aired. Ahhhhh, so bad. Mana just beats the crap out of the badguy. No love here. And she reverses her heart getting taken over with selfish energy-- just because. A commercial break was all it took. Not the love of her family, friends, and neighbors who have gathered. Nope. Mana is just the best forever. How fitting that she did a Tendou Souji-style Rider Kick. Last week's episode was funny and had a lot of redeeming features, but not today.

Next week: Happiness Charge!

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

I'm glad it's over.

It's really weird, I liked the Cures, I liked the fairies, I liked the villains, I... Tolerated Ace, liked the plot overall, It had good side characters, had a mostly compelling plot, But when you add it all together, it somehow comes out to less than the sum of it's parts. I wound up enjoying it, but then again, I tend to have low standards for enjoyment. Hopefully Happiness Charge is better put together.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Overall I'd say that while most of the individual episodes were entertaining, it was the big picture plot that was troubled. It felt like they were flying without a real plan most of the time, and things would change suddenly for no reason at all.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

It's more that they tried to do like five different plots at once. It might have worked if Doki Doki was two years, but as it stands, we get sudden shifts from plot to plot and it winds up disjointed. Still at least the designs were good. I'm going to have mixed feelings about leaving behind the Mana Power Hour for form change precure.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Welp.

Mana owns.

Bring on Happiness "CG Dance Battles" Charge.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So what you're saying is now is the time to get back onto the PreCure train.

Maybe I'll keep with it the whole season this time instead of dropping it halfway like with Smile.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I like that they showed Mana couldn't use the Queen's artifacts, and then she basically did in this episode. It was pretty much the Precure equivalent of Wizard's last episode too, since you could have done without and the show would have ended fine.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klk3KkLqlhQ
Is your happiness charged yet? It should be!

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/precure/character/genei01.php

We've got Generals and MotWs up now. I'm loving the aesthetic on the generals. They're not just some rabble causing trouble, they've got style and class to them. They look like the upper echelon of whatever society they come from. And it looks like there's a military man in there, so we might be seeing an army of lesser mooks against the cures.
Less than a day now, Get your happiness charged.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Lisandra_brave posted:

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/precure/character/genei01.php

We've got Generals and MotWs up now. I'm loving the aesthetic on the generals. They're not just some rabble causing trouble, they've got style and class to them. They look like the upper echelon of whatever society they come from. And it looks like there's a military man in there, so we might be seeing an army of lesser mooks against the cures.
Less than a day now, Get your happiness charged.

oh man, those grunts are the ILLEST

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Hooooooly poo poo. That everything. If the rest of the season is as good as the first episode, HapCha is going to be my second most favorite Precure series.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

So, my first thoughts is that Happiness Charge is really, really Heartcatch. From the Saiark to the Fairies there's a whole lot that left me feeling that the show was copying left and right. This isn't a condemnation, necessarily. The episode was still fun and interesting, but I just didn't expect that so many elements would be re-used.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Potsticker posted:

So, my first thoughts is that Happiness Charge is really, really Heartcatch. From the Saiark to the Fairies there's a whole lot that left me feeling that the show was copying left and right. This isn't a condemnation, necessarily. The episode was still fun and interesting, but I just didn't expect that so many elements would be re-used.

Nagamine gonna Nagamine I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Potsticker posted:

So, my first thoughts is that Happiness Charge is really, really Heartcatch.

I'm on bored, I'm not bored!

Is DoReMi still the best place for subs or is there somewhere better?

• Locked thread