Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Caithness posted:

I'm surprised Aloha Precure got their own transformation sequence.

It was pretty disappointing. I mean, I wasn't expecting something on the level of the HappinessCharge PreCure, but it was like a closeup of their hair and jewelry-- and then ta-da! It's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I don't know what that is, but I love it.

VVVVVV Watched it. Love it.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 20, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I don't know what that is, but I love it.

That's was the 10th anniversary opening for this last week's episode!

Tree Huffer
Jul 26, 2007

dude were so
high right now
hahaha

What a lovely smile, Iona.

Edit: Also, did anybody else get some strong Futari wa and Splash Star impressions from Hawaiian Precure? Not just because it was just the two of them, but the focus on Sunset using punches and Wave using kicks, then their final attack had to have been an homage. It was really cute!

Tree Huffer fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 20, 2014

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Is Phantom the Go-yan of this season?

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
Or is he the 5th Precure? Their combo attack had 5 glowing symbol on the mirror, and one of them was red.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Caithness posted:

Or is he the 5th Precure? Their combo attack had 5 glowing symbol on the mirror, and one of them was red.

There's like six jewels on the side of the thing too. Not that I really think we're going to get any more core Cure this season.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd

oh god oresky, don't sneak up on me like that!

aers
Feb 15, 2012

This week's HaCha episode looks and feels weird because Yamauchi returned to Toei for the first time in 10 years to direct. He also stole all the colors.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

aers posted:

This week's HaCha episode looks and feels weird because Yamauchi returned to Toei for the first time in 10 years to direct. He also stole all the colors.

He also zoomed in on everything the whole time. It was totes distracting.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
It was the most art-house episode of Precure I've ever seen.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Potsticker posted:

He also zoomed in on everything the whole time. It was totes distracting.

This is how you tell he's directing, he has a thing for zooms

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
In not Happiness Charge related discussion, how is Commie's sub of Heartcatch? I was thinking of rewatching and wondering if I should go for that or keep Doremi's subs.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Its Aesir's TL.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
I've got some downloading to do, then.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Lobsterman posted:

I've got some downloading to do, then.

Please report back as you make your way through!

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Doremi Fansubs are too reliable for me to bother a series in another group's translation.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Davincie posted:

thats for that show

Has anything like this been shown for anything other than the first season? I've seen this a few times before, but it's from when Futari Wa started airing and it seems like they make an effort to remove certain aspects so that precure isn't too sexualized by the guys who watch it. Like removing all the midriffs from the costumes in Happiness Charge that were shown before it aired.

Not that it seems to change anything if pixiv is anything to go by.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

No, I've never seen a chart like that for anything other than FwPC.

There is very little to suggest that target demographic is a real thing. If you take a look at viewer demographics, the largest number of viewers outside the kids 4-12 range is F1, women 20-34, followed by F2, women 35-49.

This is from Bandai's toy catalog for November. Notice the target demo on the top right.

Some Titans merch for comparison:

aers fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 24, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

That's more along the lines of what I expected, thanks.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
:wtc:

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Potsticker posted:

Has anything like this been shown for anything other than the first season? I've seen this a few times before, but it's from when Futari Wa started airing and it seems like they make an effort to remove certain aspects so that precure isn't too sexualized by the guys who watch it. Like removing all the midriffs from the costumes in Happiness Charge that were shown before it aired.

Not that it seems to change anything if pixiv is anything to go by.

the shift to shorts was certainly an attempt to avoid/lessen it. alternatively(in fresh), the fluffs under everyone's skirts served the same purpose.

similar things happened in suite, and melody's midriff as bare the entire series.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Caithness posted:

gently caress that, we have seiji if we want to add a dude to the super powers list.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

nehezir posted:

gently caress that, we have seiji if we want to add a dude to the super powers list.

The fifth symbol is for their team up attack. The other four for Innocent Form.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I still want seiji in said team attack.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

nehezir posted:

I still want seiji in said team attack.

Boys are Smelly and Dumb and should :frogout:

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

have you smelled Iona's armpits after a workout?

the guy's at least cleaner than that.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Don't be gross.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

alright~

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
The Happiness Charge movie has Masuko Miyo in it.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-29/go-princess-precure-trademark-filed/.80460
The next season is named "Go! Princess Precure"

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Between Cure Princess and Princess Form from Smile, I'd say that's a pretty exciting title.

Even though I've lost a lot of steam in regards to Happiness Charge. It's not bad or anything, but Innocent Form looks really terrible, and the transformations and attacks with the Shining Make Dresser aren't really exciting-- and the plot is taking forever to get anywhere without the individual episodes being anything special.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Just Watch PuriPara

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Why would anyone want to do that, what a terrible idea. This is what your idea has caused

They've shifted a bunch of staff who were absent from Precure back to the series so there's been a few standout episodes lately, but today's had the best storyboard of any. Great layouts and shots.

Still no Go!Pre picture leaks but the merchandise is hinting towards multiple different henshin devices and forms.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

My decision to skip watching the show live today was apparently a poor one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The episode had their best regular AD (Inagami) and was directed/storyboarded by Morio Hatano who is finally back on Precure after a stint over at Majin Bone. Hatano is really good.

• Locked thread