Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd

oh god oresky, don't sneak up on me like that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Doremi Fansubs are too reliable for me to bother a series in another group's translation.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Potsticker posted:

Has anything like this been shown for anything other than the first season? I've seen this a few times before, but it's from when Futari Wa started airing and it seems like they make an effort to remove certain aspects so that precure isn't too sexualized by the guys who watch it. Like removing all the midriffs from the costumes in Happiness Charge that were shown before it aired.

Not that it seems to change anything if pixiv is anything to go by.

the shift to shorts was certainly an attempt to avoid/lessen it. alternatively(in fresh), the fluffs under everyone's skirts served the same purpose.

similar things happened in suite, and melody's midriff as bare the entire series.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Caithness posted:

Or is he the 5th Precure? Their combo attack had 5 glowing symbol on the mirror, and one of them was red.

gently caress that, we have seiji if we want to add a dude to the super powers list.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I still want seiji in said team attack.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

have you smelled Iona's armpits after a workout?

the guy's at least cleaner than that.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

alright~

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I'm simply loving happiness charge. yuuko is easily my favorite for her expressions and I love her singing voice.

though embrace love is probably my favorite track on the albums.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

yeah, but the crossover movies are typically pretty bad, with maybe 10-20 minutes of semi-impressive footage each.

on another note: how is GPC doing? I usually wait until a season is half over before beginning it.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

arisu posted:

I was bored halfway through and didn't finish Smile and Dokidoki, are Happiness Charge or Go Princess better than those two were or should I just skip them too?

Still waiting on the next Heartcatch :(

smile picks up somewhere in the late twenties or early thirties, I feel. it does this by just going over the top with high energy.
dokidoki is a show that had too few emotional spikes to keep me interested so I dropped it halfway through and haven't heard enough good about to really pick up again.

happiness charge always felt like heartcatch to me but I'm not sure why. it was definitely more silly, so I probably enjoyed that aspect more. either way, I felt it was very spikey, and I love that about this silly show. my favorite things about precure happen when it focuses on being more over the top and cheesy, kind of like how I feel about mecha animu.

then again, lovely was pretty much a mecha. eye-lasers, rocket punches, lovely blaster might as well be breasto fire. Oresky was always fun, with his petty behavior and Koyasu Takehito is always one of my favorites when I want a self-absorbed nutjob to have fun with.

Honey was best girl, just because of how laid back she was and the general (but probably unintentional) silliness of some scenes involving her solving everything by singing about rice, but I loved the song. still do. Hime started off so wimpy and wasn't the "protagonist" but she was probably the biggest Go-Getter in the cast at times and she really turned it around from sidekick to arguably the real main character. Once she gets more bold, it really shows that she gains power with motivation and should focus her drive so she doesn't fall to her own self-esteem.

all things considered, HapCha is probably one of my top three favorites in the franchise, amongst those I've seen to the end. it's not heartcatch but it reminded me of it a lot for some reason and it's probably more exciting.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I just hope they stop using Hitomi Yoshida for songs soon. "Lovely Night ~Sparkling★Happy★Time~" was fun, but whenever she does endings and certain songs her voice is just unpleasant for me to listen to.

kind of miss Aya and Mayu at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

I'm starting to kinda hate "They aren't really evil, they were just brainwashed!" plots in Pretty Cure. They did it in Smile when it didn't make any sense at all, it made the second half of Doki suck, and now worst-case scenario Twilight will become a completely different character after this. I was hoping for a Setsuna arc with her.

Setsuna was probably the only especially good thing in Fresh outside of Kaoru. Do we really want them to milk that bone so dry it's kind of tired?

• Locked thread