Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who holds Heartcatch in such high regard. I've tried to get into the series after that (only watched one of Suite, and about half of Smile before I dropped it) but I just don't find them as interesting as Heartcatch was. I wasn't sure if it was really that good or of I was just biased by the fact that it was my first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

So what you're saying is now is the time to get back onto the PreCure train.

Maybe I'll keep with it the whole season this time instead of dropping it halfway like with Smile.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Potsticker posted:

So, my first thoughts is that Happiness Charge is really, really Heartcatch.

I'm on bored, I'm not bored!

Is DoReMi still the best place for subs or is there somewhere better?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Finally caught the first episode, and yeah I can see why people are calling it Heartcatch 2.0. It seems to be taking a lot of inspiration from that, not that that's a bad thing. The way the cards have two layers that fold in makes me think there is certainly going to be some sort of form change gimmick.

Though the one thing they didn't copy from Heartcatch was having as catchy of a transformation theme. This one isn't bad, but Heartcatch's was immediately an earworm for me. Though maybe this one will grown on me over the course of the series, as it stands now it's just...kind of there.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Fell behind but I'm slowly catching up. Episode 3. I did like how Megumi was more concerned with saving Seiji than keeping her identity a secret. I didn't know if this was just going to be a running gag of him almost finding out throughout the show, so it's nice that they didn't go that route and instead went this direction with it. I'm also hoping that the "don't fall in love" thing actually turns out to have some significance to it and isn't just so Hime can constantly go "Oh no I must avoid Seiji because I can't fall in love!"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I was basing it on her reaction to him, which seemed to me like she had a crush on him. Now that I've seen episode 4 and she seemed totally cool around him it looks like it was just her nervousness about being around people she hasn't met before.

I'm still hoping that what Blue said actually has plot relevance though.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Did doremi die? Their site doesn't seem to be up and they haven't subbed 10 yet.

Guess I'll have to look into this Shimakaze sub.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I feel out of Happiness Charge right after the yellow one showed up. I'm just curious, did anything ever come of that "A Precure must not fall in love" thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to believe that anything will top Heartcatch for me in future seasons but I'll probably try to hop on board again when the next series starts.

• Locked thread