Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kazakirinyancat
Sep 8, 2012

Mr. Fortitude posted:

DokiDoki is the first Precure series since Futari Wa/Max Heart that was just too annoying to watch and at least Futari Wa/Max Heart had the excuse of it being new and still trying to find it's groove. Doki just feels schizophrenic like it doesn't know what it wishes to be or what direction to go in and it builds up promising plot points only to discard them for something else. I'm also not overly keen on the fascination the show has with Mana either, I know she's the main character and all but too much of Doki seems to be about only her.

Every other season is campy fun though and I like Heartcatch, Splash Star and Yes 5 about equally.

I dropped the show when they decided to drop Regina. I was enjoying how they were developing her. Then suddenly they sealed her away and had Cure Ace magic her way into Mana's family. It completely turned me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread