Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I am watching Futari wa (or First Precure, as I'd like to call it), and liking the mood of the ED that being a magical girl is more trouble than it's worth. Also the director did practically all of Dragon Ball Z, hence the rather physical fight scenes.

What makes Heartcatch a great show from just good was the ending/final arc. Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is that a Marvel-anime tie-in on the side?

So if there are 5 girls, will there be a grand total of 15 costumes?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Namtab posted:

7 episodes into futari wa pretty cure, this was 2004? Kinda seems dated now, comparatively. So far though it's good but uninspiring. You've got the two girls with different personalities, every ep there's a monster, they fight it for a bit and then kill it with stock footage.

E: I'll be sure to come up with synopses for the OP when I get far enough.

I really liked First Precure, it was very physical with the fight scenes (hi DBZ director). Nagisa and Honoka complement each other very well and it has one of the most sympathetic villains in the series. It also has a nifty theme where fighting bad guys takes a toll on their personal lives (which the ED drives home).

• Locked thread