Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
http://asahi.co.jp/precure/happiness/
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/happinesscharge_precure/

Toei saves christmas!

I make no claims to the accuracy of this translation.

quote:

Aino Megumi/Cure Lovely: The protagonist whose redeeming features are her happy-go-lucky attitude and smile. When people who feel troubled or depressed want to be left alone, she unintentionally meddles in their issues. Though she is awkward/tactless, and her attempts at helping others often end in failure, she thoroughly looks to the positive and is skilled at seeing the good in people. She has an interest in cute fashion, but her fashion sense isn’t very good…

Shirayuki Hime/Cure Princess: Located in a small country on Earth, she is the princess of the Blue Sky kingdom, and its future queen. To save the Blue Sky Kingdom from being totally ruled by the evil organization of the Phantom Kingdom, she becomes a Pretty Cure, except she is easily scared and will immediately try to escape from in the middle of fights. Because of her shyness she never had friends, but Megumi became her first friend. She loves pretty and cute things and her fashion sense is extraordinary!

Cure Fortune: An unidentified and aloof Pretty Cure. She helps the weak and has a strong sense of justice and a gentleness when she consoles people. With her sense of duty as a Precure and her excellent fighting skills, she goes on her own to bring down the Saiark one by one.

Cure Honey: Please look forward to her introduction ♪

Ribbon: Hime’s mediator/agent/manager, as well as Cure Lovely and Cure Princess’s fairy partner. Every so often, Ribbon uses their adorable voice and cute face to utter bitter/sharp words! Ribbon is a more gutsy person/stronger character than Hime.

Honey already looks like she's going to continue the tradition of yellows being best in magical girl shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Further HapCha information. This time we've got various artworks, including Honey's Civilian form.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Oh my gosh, Smile episode 19 was so very well directed. The art direction with the rain, the story, everything was great.

And then they have episode 20. And we get gems like this.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

I come bearing news And more news!

Do keep in mind that I just get info from other places.

Lovely is Nakajima Megumi
Princess is Han Megumi
Fortune is Tomatsu Haruka
Ribbon is Matsui Naoko
Honey is Not listed

And then we have a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZJc3O4-0mA
Looking a lot like Heartcatch, which isn't a bad thing.

Lisandra_brave fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 5, 2014

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Finally watching the Fresh movie made me realize one thing. Fresh has to be my favorite Precure series. Even with the sometimes meandering plot, with all the full on QUALITY, and with the WAGANA WA INFINITY, MUGEN NO MEMORY NARI I genuinely enjoyed the whole series. I enjoyed Eas's story, I liked the character development, I loved that the villains weren't just there for being a plot mover, instead having actual personality, the interpersonal interactions among the villains, and the final bad guy blowing himself up as a final attack against the cures, instead of seeing their way.

Also, the Fresh movie has a surprisingly good CG scene. It doesn't clash with the artstyle that the rest of the series has, and looks really good.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

http://precure.channel.or.jp/pc/index.php

Transformation cards with voice clips and music!
Let it load, then click the cards on the bottom right.
If this doesn't charge your happiness, I don't know what will.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Potsticker posted:

Yeah, that excludes Cures Echo, Flower, Gorilla, Candy, and any obscure, single episode or otherwise non-main Cure. It will certainly be the 33 Cures in the OP. It's odd that the article calls out Echo specifically.

How could you ever forget the best cure, Cure Fire?

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

I'm glad it's over.

It's really weird, I liked the Cures, I liked the fairies, I liked the villains, I... Tolerated Ace, liked the plot overall, It had good side characters, had a mostly compelling plot, But when you add it all together, it somehow comes out to less than the sum of it's parts. I wound up enjoying it, but then again, I tend to have low standards for enjoyment. Hopefully Happiness Charge is better put together.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

It's more that they tried to do like five different plots at once. It might have worked if Doki Doki was two years, but as it stands, we get sudden shifts from plot to plot and it winds up disjointed. Still at least the designs were good. I'm going to have mixed feelings about leaving behind the Mana Power Hour for form change precure.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klk3KkLqlhQ
Is your happiness charged yet? It should be!

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/precure/character/genei01.php

We've got Generals and MotWs up now. I'm loving the aesthetic on the generals. They're not just some rabble causing trouble, they've got style and class to them. They look like the upper echelon of whatever society they come from. And it looks like there's a military man in there, so we might be seeing an army of lesser mooks against the cures.
Less than a day now, Get your happiness charged.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Hooooooly poo poo. That everything. If the rest of the season is as good as the first episode, HapCha is going to be my second most favorite Precure series.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

Is DoReMi still the best place for subs or is there somewhere better?

There aren't any subs yet, so we have no idea.

Anyway, being very Heartcatch isn't a bad thing. Not for nothing is Heartcatch recommended for new watchers.
Did anyone else notice that parts of the real world were converted to whatever kind of terrain the bad guys wanted? Does this mean that the cures (other than princess, who already has) might fail from time to time?
What if this turns into Gaim Precure? Or better, Decade Precure, with form change cards.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Potsticker posted:

Terribad is modern childish slang, I think it fits pretty good. At the very least it annoys me less than some of the localization decisions made in a certain tokusatsu show.

What, Ryouma Wärring isn't to your liking?

On the Precure front, the sub wars are already starting, and there is even a raw war. If nothing else, the Third generation of Precure is gonna be fun for the drama associated with it.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Potsticker posted:

As far as PreCure goes, what are the points of contention? I haven't watched the subs yet, but I can't imagine there being anything to create any problems. Or is it just personal drama between people working on them?

Doremi continues to be terrible at encoding, so Commie put out their own raws with a comment about no other raws having VFR, despite having commented on Doki Doki 49 that they agreed to never do another 50 episode childrens show. USP Raws then put out a higher quality version in response with a snarky comment. I can't wait to see where this goes.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

So [seaside] is awesome and you should have fun with them

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Some subs are out, although they're a bit too localized for my tastes. Oh well, you take what you can get.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Doremi subs are out. Commie is likely also picking up HapCha.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

So Lovely is basically a super robot at this point. She's got the laser eyes, the rocket fist, the sword, she shoots explosives, and beamspams enemies.
I'm betting she uses a drill at some point. Because every super robot needs a drill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Potsticker posted:

She is! It's some sort of hilarious because no one in the show reacts like it's out of place or anything. It's so un-magical girl that it's fantastic.

What are you talking about, it's totally magical girl! Have Nanoha and Symphogear taught you nothing about how similar magical girls and giant robots are?

As for this week's episode, more characters need to learn Wax on, Wax off. It's good advice. Yuu² is great, and is remarkably good at singing. Good enough to make me want a large bowl of rice. Oresky continues to be best general, and the cures continue to remember that they can fly. But good god, the animation on that preview is the worst I've seen in a long time.

• Locked thread