Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TCat
Oct 10, 2012

I'll save you the time and call myself a loser

bunnyofdoom posted:

I believe the word you are looking for is Canonizing.

Also, look at how they revere Franklin, who was pretty much a drunken poonhound, who is completely at odds with their values.

A drunken poonhound, yes. But also a really really really really loving smart drunken poonhound.
Besides this game takes place in like 1920 or something right? And a lot of those historical factoids about how Washington was sort of meh as a military leader, and how Franklin was more charismatic than scientific, or how Jefferson who would have been against pretty much EVERYTHING they stand for- is something not a lot of people would know unless they were historians during that time. Hell unless you've been to college, most people actually don't know that in this day and age either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

I hear some suspicious LEG BREAKING in the distance!

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

ThornBrain posted:

I hear some suspicious LEG BREAKING in the distance!
:syoon:

I've been waiting for this pain. Seriously is it not the absolute best move in this entire game?

Also Wei has the absolute best fast-talk I've ever seen, that guy is amazingly smooth and he gets even smoother later on.

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 11, 2013

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

FinalGamer posted:

:syoon:

I've been waiting for this pain. Seriously is it not the absolute best move in this entire game?

Also Wei has the absolute best fast-talk I've ever seen, that guy is amazingly smooth and he gets even smoother later on.

It is some of the best fast-talking I've ever seen in the genre. Cool as ice, Wei is.

That leg-cracker move…drat. I don't know if a martial arts teacher would teach you that unless he intended you to go out and cripple people for real. That's no sparring move.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Travis! Silly man! You mucked up with the hacking the camera in the first few minutes of the video. When you were doing the 4th attempt, you put the 6 where it was shown to be in the wrong place already! Seriously, it was right there on the screen!

Man, I get angry about the weirdest poo poo.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Speedball posted:

It is some of the best fast-talking I've ever seen in the genre. Cool as ice, Wei is.

That leg-cracker move…drat. I don't know if a martial arts teacher would teach you that unless he intended you to go out and cripple people for real. That's no sparring move.
I think the only martial art I can think of that would teach you that move is Krav Maga. Every other martial art is all about self-defence and protecting others, whereas Krav Maga is like "I will loving kill you before you even blink."

Seriously though Leg Break is the best move in the entire game, and soon you can get a fantastic follow-up to that move which works on stunned opponents for an instant K.O! By that point the only problem you'll have are against Grapplers who of course are ungrapplable.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

bunnyofdoom posted:

Travis! Silly man! You mucked up with the hacking the camera in the first few minutes of the video. When you were doing the 4th attempt, you put the 6 where it was shown to be in the wrong place already! Seriously, it was right there on the screen!

Man, I get angry about the weirdest poo poo.

And the 4! Don't forget the 4!

Still, though, kind of hilarious to see you miss three stars on a cop mission because you put a shoeprint on some dude's car roof.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

COP.

Some video problems early on, but they sort themselves out after the race. Travis got a new computer between recording this and us commentating it, so recording footage is a dream for him now. Bioshock Infinite returns next week as well.

I decide early on in this video that this is my new favourite LP of ours. You'll see why.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

This was the part of the game that starts making me really distrust Pendrew.

I really do not like Pendrew. I wasn't sure of him before but now I really do not trust him. I haven't even played through this game halfway so I gotta wonder what this all leads to.
Also, any playthrough of this game by anyone is amazing, so when YOU guys play it, it's loving incredible.

Honestly though, I do love this tutorial idea a lot, it's like CSI-meets-Mass Effect's gunplay and I found it really rad in how it sets itself up.

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 10, 2014

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

I'm liking the new microphone Thorn, but I think you're a little quiet, you should turn it up just a bit and it would sound a little better.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Thunderfinger posted:

I'm liking the new microphone Thorn, but I think you're a little quiet, you should turn it up just a bit and it would sound a little better.
Oh yes I forgot to mention, it's the same microphone but we always record the skype call itself. However my setup got hosed when I upgraded to Windows 7, so I tried recording with Audacity, which was always treacherous with my old setup. It worked out well so we're going to try that fully later.

Also I'm quiet, not the mic. Believe me, I pushed the volume in my editor to as far as I'm willing to let it go.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Fun fact: IN Ottawa, next to the semi-famous club Zaphod Beeblebrox and the best dive bar in the city (The Dom!) there is indeed an all night ice cream stand.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That oven certainly wasn't interactable in the toned down German version of the game. I wonder why.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Air is lava! posted:

That oven certainly wasn't interactable in the toned down German version of the game. I wonder why.
...wait really?

...wow. Just...wow. I don't even know what to say to that, good OR bad. Not that it's even a problem when we have so many other ways to kill in this game. :heysexy:

bunnyofdoom posted:

Fun fact: IN Ottawa, next to the semi-famous club Zaphod Beeblebrox and the best dive bar in the city (The Dom!) there is indeed an all night ice cream stand.
I believe there are some in Turkey too, I saw a video of some sweet ice cream stands down at Istanbul, that's so awesome. Ice cream is perfect for every meal of the day after all.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
We have a 24/7 sno-cone stand here, it's pretty rad. :v:

They're still open, though, even though it's winter. I hope they don't go out of business. :ohdear:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Booker's got some freaking strong arms.

Reminder: the subtitle commentary will go up on Travis' channel and on his own time. But seeing as he doesn't have a lot, I can't guarantee it'll happen.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

The subtitles for dialogue are for the hard of hearing. The subtitles on the videophones are for the stupid. Thanks for putting those on by the way, really appreciate it even if I know the game well enough by now.

Now I'm super curious as to what enemy is super-weak to crows. Speaking of which, here's a video for why crows are awesome. When you're intelligent enough to have fun for no discernible reason, you know you've got it made as a species.

Also, the music that plays as her theme is one of my favourite themes of gaming recently.

Edit: \/ oh my god that's so adorable!

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 21, 2014

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
The picture I mentioned in the last part:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

This week we spend some quality time getting to know Elizabeth. Turns out she's about as ADD as Agro.

Also I'm out of my funk for the most part, so Majora's Mask will be coming back this weekend as well. I made a post on our Tumblr about some other goings-on with the channel.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 24, 2014

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

If you don't like Elizabeth by this point in the game, then you have no heart.

If you don't like Elizabeth by the next big area of the game, then you have no soul.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Wow, that IS a creepy-rear end face!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Wei Shen: crime cop, date master, and superhero!

cool breeze - clear skies - I boned an Asian

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Man, now I can't wait for the rest of the dating missions. And the shitstorm that follows. :allears:

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

I can't wait until we meet Peggy, as well as a friend of ours from the States who is super-cool.

Also this first mission with Roland Ho is loving fun, I LOVED this mission and how crazy it got fast. ...but holy gently caress there was no way you could have done that last part, game what the hell :stare:

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 1, 2014

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Just found this and have been watching the Sleeping Dogs part of the twofer. The way you mix informative with hilarious is fantastic and make an already interesting game even more so. Thanks!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
The travel montage had me busting up.

And congratulations!

You know, on your date....

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Video games will be dead to me the day developers figure out how to get cutscenes and scripted events to work right.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, turning a motorbike into a freakin' self-propelled rocket with the action leap was pretty amazing.

Are you ever going to get the chance to use that to do anything more than make a big cloud of smoke in front of the semi that runs you over?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Just so you know, I picked up my copy of sleeping dogs, and now everytime I do something stupid or sociopathic, I seem to loudly say "COP" out loud. drat you Travis!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Just so you know, I picked up my copy of sleeping dogs, and now everytime I do something stupid or sociopathic, I seem to loudly say "COP" out loud. drat you Travis!

That's as good a segue to this picture as any:

E: New parts coming this weekend, if the constant render issues let up.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Wei Shen: Wedding Planner

Things get even more shocking and intense this week. But first: cakes, flowers, and the return of a flu conscious Crazy Fedora Man.

Audio might be quiet during cutscenes on the edited version. Had to have Travis put the commentary into the videos due to the source vids glitching out on my end.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

...nothing...makes me more happy.

Than the fact you chose that loving costume for that loving scene after the wedding.

This is perfect now :allears:

Also that chandelier has a weird hitbox anyway, it never seems to be quite exact on when you use it correctly. Also the Chinese cleaver is loving sick to use, it's so brutal!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"You're a cop! You have to enforce the law!"

"So about those several dozen murders at the wedding-"

"God, stop getting so PERSONALLY INVOLVED."

ares5566
Dec 14, 2012

I'm out there clicking cookies 8 hours a day, so that you can have a roof over your head and food on your table.
And this is the thanks I get?!
I'm an update behind here but after doing the date with Amanda you get her bio which is... kinda interesting.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ares5566 posted:

I'm an update behind here but after doing the date with Amanda you get her bio which is... kinda interesting.

:justpost:

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Finally watched the Sleepy Dogs videos after having this thread open in a tab for months, I love the way you edit together the driving segments.

Also if I remember correctly the chandelier prompt ends up with the goon being used to pull the lever on the balcony, which somehow ends up with the chandelier swinging down and impaling them? I can't remember, it's been years since I played.

ares5566
Dec 14, 2012

I'm out there clicking cookies 8 hours a day, so that you can have a roof over your head and food on your table.
And this is the thanks I get?!

Pidmon posted:

Finally watched the Sleepy Dogs videos after having this thread open in a tab for months, I love the way you edit together the driving segments.

Also if I remember correctly the chandelier prompt ends up with the goon being used to pull the lever on the balcony, which somehow ends up with the chandelier swinging down and impaling them? I can't remember, it's been years since I played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-C9ZwDknGk
Here you go.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Bioshock Infinite update coming this weekend

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Wei Shen: Winston

Look at what I forgot to upload for two months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

The song in Club Bam Bam is Fuse by Hudson Mohawke. It's great music for when driving around, but gunfights, not so much

• Locked thread