Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Zoig posted:

looking at this all i can think is sleeping dogs movie.

this is not a bad thing, mind you.
I think a Sleeping Dogs movie would be kinda redundant since "The Killer", "Hard Boiled", and "The Raid 2" exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

I'm thinking of dropping the subtitled version and instead having Travis re-send me the raws, then I'll just upload those. Anyone especially against this idea?

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

ThornBrain posted:

I'm thinking of dropping the subtitled version and instead having Travis re-send me the raws, then I'll just upload those. Anyone especially against this idea?
Any reason why? Does he have to replay the game for the subtitled version or something? Or are you gonna put subtitles yourself on the raws? Just so I know the reasoning behind it.

I had no idea you could Bronco the Firemen actually, I thought they were immune to that or something.

EDIT: \/ ahhh well...if it's easier for you guys sure because I dunno anyone else here who wants the subtitled version THAT MUCH, and I already played the game so I know what's all gonna happen, I'm just really watching for your commentary more than anything. Sooooo I don't mind at this point.

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 12, 2014

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Just because I don't expect the subtitled version to actually happen anytime soon.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Man, this is a really weird dlc for sleeping dogs.

(I kid, I do love me some Infinite and you guys adding your trademark humour to it is well appreciated. I do think Sleeping Dogs is the better game though, but I have offbeat tastes).

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder how people recognize Booker now. His hurt hand?

Must suck for the 25%* of people in Finkton maimed in industrial accidents.

*this number is completely made up

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Glazius posted:

I wonder how people recognize Booker now. His hurt hand?

Must suck for the 25%* of people in Finkton maimed in industrial accidents.

*this number is completely made up

Gaming telepathy. The same way everyone in a town knows you have done something bad and all rush you within seconds and without having yelled or blown a horn or anything like that.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Wei Shen: Ghost Detective

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT
I don't know why Wei's so worried about antifreeze-induced blindness. He is a doctor. He can heal himself pretty easily.

Also, I'm not going to lie, but the exploding cars can really start to get annoying after a while. I complained about it on Twitter, and the developers said it was all part of the 'spooky atmosphere'.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope they can continue to make things sillier in the sequel and add in double counters and such like Arkham City. And extreme fists of fury.

Basically a combination of GODHAND and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
In concept these Jiangshi hop around because they are completely stiff from rigor mortis. But the fact that the models move freely from time to time undermines that a bit.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
So, what game was it that went full-on Monty Python with the rabbit? Just out of curiosity.

This DLC looks pretty decent so far with its goofy tone. Not sure why we got Smiley Cat's backstory a couple of times there though.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Yapping Eevee posted:

So, what game was it that went full-on Monty Python with the rabbit? Just out of curiosity.

This DLC looks pretty decent so far with its goofy tone. Not sure why we got Smiley Cat's backstory a couple of times there though.

I think it's Dragon's crown?

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
Wow, so you get spirit hands and a spirit sword? You really are in Yu Yu Hakusho! Just not as Yusuke.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Shoeless posted:

Wow, so you get spirit hands and a spirit sword? You really are in Yu Yu Hakusho! Just not as Yusuke.

I liked the spirit curb stomp myself.

Word on the Wind
May 23, 2014

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I think it's Dragon's Crown?

From the description given and we know that Travis has a PS3, I would call that a safe beet.

Had I a recording device I'd LP it myself.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Shoeless posted:

When you go into Face Mode with a spirit sword, does the sword get longer? That'd pretty much seal the deal.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So this is Evil Dead meets Big Trouble In Little China and I really did like this LP just for going crazy.

Also I need to look up this Dragon's Crown game, that sounds loving mental.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

It's made by vanillaware, the people who made odin sphere, grim grimiore, and oboro muramasa. Aside from that, and the fact that there is a sorceress with huge boobs (the fault of a friend of mine) that's all I know.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Next week's DLC is much more what we were hoping for.

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT
I think that the scene at the end with Not Ping being possessed is supposed to be a reference to the end of the video for "Thriller". Frankly, this entire DLC seems kind of like a Thriller reference, with a hell of a lot more rear end kicking.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

slycooper20 posted:

I think that the scene at the end with Not Ping being possessed is supposed to be a reference to the end of the video for "Thriller". Frankly, this entire DLC seems kind of like a Thriller reference, with a hell of a lot more rear end kicking.

And less Michael Jackson.

Oh, those zombies? I don't remember if you say it in the video, they're Chinese zombies, like that one girl from Darkstalkers/MvC3.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fair warning if you wanna play Dragon's Crown:

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 22, 2014

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

bman in 2288 posted:

Oh, those zombies? I don't remember if you say it in the video, they're Chinese zombies, like that one girl from Darkstalkers/MvC3.

You mean Hsien-Ko/Lei-Lei?

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Vincent's a cool dude. He deserved that ghost soup. :3:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

RareAcumen posted:

Good to know Liefield is still getting work.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

RareAcumen posted:

You know, I don't think breasts work that way.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

OAquinas posted:

Ummmm, wait. They have feet.

And no pouches.

(I am kind of digging hammer dude, though.)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

OAquinas posted:

Silegna posted:

You know, I don't think breasts work that way.

If you can make it past that though then enjoy the game!

Personally, tits not following gravity never bothered me because I am anime-watching filth and it's not like this is a really realistic game what with everything billowing on the characters outfits. :v:v:v To each their own though.

Samizdata posted:

Ummmm, wait. They have feet.

And no pouches.

(I am kind of digging hammer dude, though.)

It gets better!

Apologies for the derail.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Chimera-gui posted:

You mean Hsien-Ko/Lei-Lei?
Yes literally chinese zombies, and the game calls them by their name "Jiangshi".

They kill living creatures to absorb their chi or life force, hopping around because their limbs are so stiff within rigor mortis that they can't really bend them to be able to run or move properly. Funnily enough, one of the ways to repel a jiangshi is by them hearing the call of a rooster to indicate morning.

Which is exactly what happens when facing Stalchilds on Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time so...I know "morning rises" and all that but it's something I thought was a neat note.

As for the recent BioShock vid, man Elizabeth REALLY loving shined out here in that first battle holy poo poo. This dame just keeps on helping as the best ally ever :allears: also that was some really loving lovely timing from the game to start blaring Jeremiah gently caress's announcements right over that rift's...sounds.
Luckily I got to hear it more clearly from the left channel so...yeah I never got to hear that properly enough so...that's interesting.

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 24, 2014

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I know a jiangshi is featured in a episode of Jackie Chan Adventures though it was styled more like a mix of jiangshi and western vampire (looked like a western vampire but consumed chi which had the side effect of turning his victims into jiangshi minions).

I even managed to find the episode that had it: http://www.hulu.com/watch/126770

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 23, 2014

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT
Actually, getting the Heartbreaker achievement isn't really all that difficult. All you have to do is lead the Handyman on to the roof across from the gunsmith and jump down before he does, and you'll glitch him out and he won't move, making it incredibly easy to only hit his heart.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So has anyone ever served Bioshock cocktails? Seems like that would be a neat release event.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Wei Shen: SUPER COP!!!
Or:
Wei Shen: Detective

Disappointed by Nightmare at North Point? This will make up for it considerably.

Unless you live in/follow the events in Ferguson, then this update might seem incredibly poorly timed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

Unless you live in/follow the events in Ferguson, then this update might seem incredibly poorly timed.

Oh Christ, don't tell me King gets shot.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
The uncut video seems to be having issues where it will just die while playing for like a minute or two.

DirtyPatty
May 30, 2011
Aww, I am going to miss this LP. Wei Shen might be the best cop ever. And the video worked fine for me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Uncut still hasn't finished uploading or something because I still can't watch it in 720p. Cut is working fine though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Uncut still hasn't finished uploading or something because I still can't watch it in 720p. Cut is working fine though.

I'm also having this issue. Uncut's only available in 360p. As a child of the internet, p's are the most important thing ever and I must insist that this issue be fixed post haste!

• Locked thread