Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lolcano Eruption
Oct 29, 2007
Volcano of LOL.
I looked all over the OP for this, and perhaps I missed it, but what are some good books or websites that provide a good overview of SVing different types of meats as well as temperature/time charts?

I'm considering that Douglas Baldwin book that seems to be referenced often in this thread. What about a book/site with pictures similar to the OP where it shows how it looks after SVing at different temps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolcano Eruption
Oct 29, 2007
Volcano of LOL.
Thank you guys, I will check those out.

I'm looking at the ziplock/submerging method of "vacuum" sealing and am I correct in thinking that it would take more oil in the bag than using a traditional vacuum sealer? like for example, if I wanted to cook a steak, I would have to dump some olive oil in the sack? Whereas with a traditional, I could use solid butter or forego it entirely?

This alone would make me want to spring for the sealer.