Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Cross-posting from the dinner thread.

Short ribs, cooked in the puddle machine at 145 for 24 hours, seared and glazed with a coffee balsamic reduction. Balsamic sprouts, and lemon, thyme, white whine smashed peewee potatoes.

Definitely the best batch so far. I actually like 24 hours better than 72. The meat is still plenty tender, but not at all mushy. It's like a perfectly cooked ribeye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
I've got a beautiful flank steak in the puddle at 131 right now for fajitas tonight. Going to toss it on the grill after chilling it down a little bit, and am looking for ideas for a glaze of some sort. Was thinking just a little canola oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Anything else? Maybe a little bit of honey, or would that be too likely to burn really quickly on the super hot grill?

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Flank steak at 131 for 24 hours, glazed and then grilled over ultra hot lump charcoal. Might be the best thing that I have had come out of my SVS. Unbelievably good. Texture was firm enough to be substantial, but easily gave to the pressure of teeth, so no gnawing or tearing trying to get a bite of fajita, all while obscenely juicy. Served with fresh cilantro, lime, queso fresco, chipotle crema, grilled peppers/onions, and lots of beer out on the patio. Hell of a great way to spend a an evening.

Picked up some skirt steak yesterday to give it the same treatment and see how it goes.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
If you cubed them up after cooking them already in the SV, then cooked them long enough to brown the cubes, they will have been pretty thoroughly overcooked.