Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY

granpa yum posted:

That happens to me with longer cook times and "gamier" meats. I'm not sure how to avoid it, I've read that some people rinse meat prior to cooking but I don't know if that would introduce bacteria and using distilled water would get old quick. It never seems to affect the safety of the meat, just adds the off-putting aroma. I've also read that it may be "offal" flavors coming out from cuts located near organs but I don't know if that's true at all.

I'm in hour 64 of my first 72 hour cook so was reading up on technique this week. According to modernist cuisine at home, pre-searing on a long cook can produce off flavors, so they suggest waiting until they come out to brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY
Made kenji's carrot recipe (carrots, butter, sugar, s+p one hour at 183, the into hot pan). They tasted like carrots. Idiot proof, but probably not worth the hassle.

Anyone have any veggie recs?

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY

This is bullshit. I understood the searzall could be used for both anal and nonanal purposes.