Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Jaded Burnout posted:

I'd already bought it by then, and the anova is one of the ones with reports of reliability issues due to the vents allowing water vapour straight onto the circuit boards.

This only seems to be a problem with the earlier units and people using saran-wrap to cover every bit of their water bath vessel other than some tiny gaps around the unit itself.

Anova supremacy for overall simplicity and reliability! Death to everything IOT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Such good posts, these last few

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

lifts cats over head posted:

Is it possible to break up a long sous vide cook time, for instance two 12 hour cooks instead of one 24?

Seems like a bad idea. Why do this?

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Ultimate Mango posted:

Anyone here have a Sous Vide Egg Bites a la Starbucks that they really like?

I want to do them in advance for an easy heat and eat breakfast on Sunday (and probably every day thereafter).

I assume you can cook/chill them in their little jars and then just toaster oven or broiler to brown and heat?

I stir a "pinch" of freshly ground cheese into the jar before putting the lid on to sous-vide. Simple, tasty. I'll usually add thinly sliced green onion or chives too.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Just chiming in to say that I did a 7lb Canada AAA-grade rib roast yesterday for 6 hours at 136, finished in the oven at 550 and it was utterly spectacular.