Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tom Guycot posted:

So what is the big problem with the Nano out of curiosity? Just lower power, or something more?

drat I am on my phone and I read your post and thought this was the vim thread and was like :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hasselblad posted:

Crossover from the smoke thread.

Leg of lamb success.
2 hour pre-puddle smoke (mesquite)
24 hour puddle in the SV @ 132F
2 hour post-puddle smoke. (hickory)
charred on super hot grill

Nicely done--are there any issues (or tips for) moving a big piece of meat that's been smoked into the vacuum sealer?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
For weight I use a few feet of chain I got at the hardware store and put it in an X pattern over my bags. I can also separate bags by weaving it in between to keep the water in between.

Has worked for me for years.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
My temp probe is going out on my sous vide.

Does anyone know what the probe on the right is called? It's a Pt100 but all the links on Amazon (including the one in my order history) are obviously a different one that isn't designed to be submerged. I made the 1/8" tip-ring-sleeve end, I'm just looking for an industrial probe I can cut down.

The one on the left is also "waterproof" and is rusting after a few uses... I would really like to know the magic words to put in for the probe coated in plastic like the right that I can modify for my cooker so it can last another decade!

Hed fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 5, 2020

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I have some nice beef short ribs that I’d like to smoke.

I was planning to puddle for 24 hours at 135 and then take them out, rub them and smoke for 2 hours at 250. How does that plan sound?

I like puddling for 48-72 in the bag. These are the actual short ribs not the “Chuck” short ribs or whatever I’ve seen at Costco.