Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

This is what I have - it's branded as a Sunbeam here (Australia). Choices here at the moment are limited to that or the Sous Vide Supreme (branded Breville), which retails for eight hundred loving dollars here. Hence why I went with the Sunbeam (~$170).

It works pretty well. I pretty much got it just for steaks, but have since cooked chicken, salmon and hamburgers (holy poo poo delicious) in it as well. Also my stove burners are terribly weak, so I got a blow torch (Bernzomatic Quickfire, with MAPP gas) to sear my steaks at the end, which works great. After maybe four months of Sous Vide Sundays, I've perfected the eye fillet and porterhouse, and a number of sides/toppings (blue & goats cheese with chives, holy poo poo holy poo poo). I'd like to try cheaper cuts next, as well as longer cooking times for fattier cuts. Duck? Pork? Who knows.

I've successfully cooked five FAT porterhouses simultaneously in the Sumbeam water oven, but that was really pushing it in terms of capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

TATPants posted:

Hahaha. In my mind, I read this post as a sexual innuendo and it made me laugh. "No baggie", "non water-based liquids", and "organic residue". Those are too good to be true.

Chemmy posted:

The bone can be nice for presentation.