Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I can see what his sister was trying to get at, but man it makes her seem like kind of an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Theory: Gaim's final form is going to be a golden Apple Arms form. It strikes me as strange that apples haven't been used yet in the show, nor have they showed up in any toy previews, and apples are usually one of the first things people thing of when you say 'fruit'. Golden apples are also pretty important in Norse mythology. so that would go along with the Norse references the show has already used.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Is there some sort of Japanese symbolism or mythology that connects acorns and pinecones?

I'm curious because there's a pair of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards named Acorno and Pinecono that work together, like Kurokage and Gridon/Ornac. Seems strange to me that there would be two different shows involving acorns and pinecones working together unless there was some sort of symbolism or legend or something tying the two to each other.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

That gun confuses the hell out of me. It doesn't fit Gaim's theme of fruit + samurai at all. Granted, it's not the first time something like this has happened, but it still seems really out of place here to me.

Especially since there's an actual DJ on the show. I suppose he's going to have some kind of connection to it?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You're Saying a DJ gun doesn't fit the Street Dancing Gang Warfare of Gaim?

I'm saying it doesn't fit Gaim-the-character, not Gaim-the-series. I can't really see Gaim using it, the DJ thing doesn't really him, you know? It's something I'd expect more from the DJ if he ended up with a driver at some point.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

Who here seriously thought that the street dancing fruit samurai series was gonna get this serious? Because I was fully expecting a series more like Kyoryuger

I was honestly expecting it to happen earlier then this.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I just finished up W and drat that was a good show. Really good mix of action, comedy and a wonderful ending. I can only hope that Gaim can end up just as good, though I wonder if anything can top Phillip and Shotaro's chemistry as partners. The gimmick of two people being one rider is really great, and works so well with how Phillip and Shotaro play off of each other. Hell, even the annoying sidekick became a pretty decent character by the end. Such a drat good show. :allears:

Have you watched the three W movies yet? A to Z/Gaia Memories of Fate, W Returns: Eternal, and W Returns: Accel? If not, you need to make sure to check those out, especially the Accel movie. I think I've gushed about it in this thread before, but it's sooo drat good.

You really can't go wrong with seventy minutes of Accel punching the poo poo out of everything and everyone. :allears:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

They're going to drag out the mystery of what lies at the bottom of that cliff for the rest of the series, aren't they?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://www.orendsrange.com/2014/02/kamen-rider-gaim-3rd-quarter-toy-catalog.html

Third quarter toy catalog for Gaim, complete with info on his final form. It's pretty cool.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Starting the new episode now, and...goddamn, Kouta turned into a complete ninja, didn't he? Flipping around all over the place. This episode is gonna be good.

EDIT: Kouta doing a Rider Kick using the Tulip Hopper was pretty drat awesome.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 24, 2014

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Can Of Worms posted:

My gut feeling with Sagara is he's a mole working with an outside faction who wants Yggdrasil's research. This episode also brings up some questions about who notMai is.

Obviously, Sagara is a mole from Foundation X, trying to get their hands on Yggdrasil's research for their own evil means. NotMai (And the extinct civilization of Helheim) are actually the Presenters from Fourze. We're tying everything together here, folks.

(Most certainly not, but it's nice to dream sometimes. I don't think we'll ever get closure on the Presenters stuff, sadly.)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Apollove posted:

Where does Wizard fit in?

He fits into the garbage, with the rest of his lovely show.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I don't think anyone in OOO was ever called a Kamen Rider, outside of the movies.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Fooley posted:

Triumphant Arms looks awesome too.
I honestly can't believe that's happening so soon.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Thurm posted:

Is this the first time a Rider has been successfully attacked mid-form change? Micchy is a poo poo.

Did that little poo poo finally turn on Kouta? D:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Rei_ posted:

He seems to set up a fight between Kouta and Marika so he can see how the window between form changes with Kachidoki, and then sets up a fight between the Overlord Redue and Kaito so that Kouta gets pissed at Kaito for loving up their chances at making peace with the Overlords. While Kouta is changing to Kachidoki to take on Kaito, Micchy shoots him in the back after Orange Arms disappears but before Kachidoki has landed on him.

That little poo poo. I am so ready for him to get his goddamn comeuppance. :argh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

Cosmic States didn't even end up being his real final form either. Meteor Fusion states is.

I think you mean Meteor Nadeshiko Fusion States, sir. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://comicsalliance.com/kamen-rider-gaim-gotham-city-map-zawame-city/

Oh my god. I feel so dumb for not recognizing the map of Zawame now.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

V-Men posted:

Perhaps... but the entire timeline after the asteroid is different from God Speed Love because the the level of destruction and the consequences are so different. Plus, that doesn't explain how he crafts a divine miso soup using a radish that he held up to the wind.

Alright, I've got to watch Kabuto just to check this poo poo out for myself. Is that really a thing that happens?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Just watched the new episode.

Guys, I don't think Takatora isn't coming back. I really don't think Urobutcher would do a fake-out with his death twice in one series. Not only that, but it looked to me like his belt was shattered by Micchy. If he was to come back again at this point, it would feel really, really cheap to me.

If anything, I think this is going to be Kouta's big turning moment, and he's finally going to put down Micchy down himself, which will lead to some final bits of character growth before the show ends.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I noticed something interesting while I was checking to see how many episodes of the show we have left.

According to Wikipedia's episode list ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kamen_Rider_Gaim_episodes Obviously spoilers in there), Urobuchi isn't writing the final episode of the series. I wonder why that is?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I know that Kouta is obviously coming back to life, but after this episode, I wouldn't mind if he didn't.

They could totally twist this around into a Micchy redemption arc and I'd be cool with it. He realizes how bad he hosed everything up, so he gathers Kouta's lockseeds and goes to face Kaito on his own. He could give a speech about how he knows he messed everything up but he's going to do his damnedest to make everything right, then use Kouta's seeds to transform, declaring himself Kamen Rider Gaim in his memory.

But we can't have that. Genre conventions and whatnot. Kouta will be back up on his feet and ready for the final showdown in an episode or two. :sigh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

I wonder if there's any chance of Marika Lemon Energy Arms now, since she took both Ryoma's Driver and Lockseed. I doubt it though, too late to bring a new form, and it wouldn't make any difference, I just really like the FIGHT POWER F-F-FIGHT! thing.

I wouldn't say it's too late. They're still introducing a totally new Rider, after all.

http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Jam

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Jam will likely appear in the last-ep crossover with Drive (discussed a few posts before this, last episode wasn't written by Urobuchi so this seems like a safe bet) rather than being part of the proper plot, though. The last fight of the plot is definitely Kiwami/Overlord Kouta vs Lord Baron.
See, I can't bring myself to think that it's going to be a Drive crossover. They hyped up the Wizard/Decade thing pretty hard towards the end of Wizard, if I'm remembering right, so why wouldn't they do the same here? They would have talked about at least a little if that's what they planned on doing.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Rei_ posted:

I don't think we're going to get a reset button ending. This has been Kaito's arc and undoing it would leave him robbed, honestly. Mai can easily being Kouta back, and Micchy is still alive, and I HONESTLY don't think Takatora is really dead. He died in a way literally EVERYONE comes back from.

Would they really do TWO fake out deaths for him, though?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Killer Queen posted:

There is no way in hell that that Takatora is coming back to life. It would be amazingly silly with how his death was framed for Micchy's character development. I can totally see him coming back in a movie though. They've done it before with characters like Ankh. But I agree that they're not doing a reset ending, especially since the main three Riders aren't dead. I'm halfway expecting Oren and Jounouchi dying too. Maaaaybe Zack will live, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kaito kills him for some reason or another.

Yeah, about that...

Episode 45 - The Fated Pair's Final Battle! (9/14)
Written by: Gen Urobuchi
Zack sets a trap for Kaito, but...

Might as well go ahead and write him off now.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Gaim's not even a Kamen Rider yet, he's an Armored Rider. :colbert:

I may be remembering wrong, but didn't Urobuchi say in an early interview that it was important that Gaim wasn't called a Kamen Rider, and that by the end of the series he'd be earning the title?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Given that the golden fruit apparently does terrible things to its user, that actually seems kind of likely.

drat shame to see the Female Rider Curse is still going strong, though.

It doesn't really bother me much this time, since Sid, Ryouma, Takatora, and Zach all kicked the bucket too. At least she outlived most of the other Riders in the show, right?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Flat Banana posted:

I don't remember ever seeing a Rider Kick from Gaim. Did Kouta in whatever armour he was wearing ever perform a Rider Kick?

I'm new to the whole Kamen Rider shebang so I thought that the hero would always do a Rider Kick...?

Gaim used an Orange Rider Kick in the final episode of Wizard.

I...don't remember ever seeing him use an Orange kick in his own series. Did he?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Don't forget, Urobuchi didn't write this episode, just like all of the crossover and movie tie in episodes for the series.

As far as I'm concerned, last week's episode was the ending and this mess didn't happen. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Killer Queen posted:

That's an interesting point, actually. Micchy is the only Rider, outside of Kouta, who still has his belt and lockseed. Unless a future movie pulls silly antics through Kouta or the like, Micchy is the one taking on the torch, which is pretty nice thematically. A Kamen Rider Ryugen Returns movie would be super cool, actually.

I wish they had kept doing Returns movies. I would have loved to see Birth Returns or Meteor Returns.

Or, even better, the obvious Accel x Meteor movie that Toei totally should have done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

NachtSieger posted:

I unironically think blonde/bleached hair Kouta looks cool.

Ditto. I hope he keeps the blonde look for Gaim x Drive.

• Locked thread