Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Doesn't seem like it since Wizard only met Gaim by crossing over into another dimension/universe. Or it's the far future since crossing into that dimension ignored time since a past version of Kosuke was there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I just read it as him quitting his jobs so he can be a pro-gamer earning money from video game tournaments, which I feel is a better analogy than becoming an entertainer. Technically both professions have spectators, but one is obviously more respected than the other. It would be one thing if the dance crews were all backed by sponsors and was actually a professional business, but they're already established as anti-establishment gangs that a culture has built around rather than anything financially stable unlike any professional sports organizations or the entertainment industry. But yeah, obviously her lecture could have been better phrased.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Hence why I thought it was a better analogy for Gaim's dancing/battles rather than the more professional entertainment industry jobs like basketball or WWE, since both obviously make money but one is not gonna have people tell you to get a real job. Nothing in Gaim so far has shown the dance crews to be anywhere near being associated with the entertainment business or professional competitive dance, so more likely they're a televised hobby like professional video-gaming and viewed negatively in the same way by society. It's still unclear whether it's even an endorsed televised culture, or whether it's all just an underground indie movement streamed over the web that got popular.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm so glad that Takatora is still alive. Him hanging out with the Overlord king should be fun. Meanwhile Micchy keeps on being Micchy, but I love Kaito calling him on his bullshit.

• Locked thread