Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

V-Men posted:

Urobuchi seriously knows how to tantalize us with comeuppence.

From an interview with him. I wonder what he's got in common with Micchy...

Gen Urobuchi enjoys killing people, Micchy enjoys killing people...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm beginning to think that maybe, just maybe, this show isn't for you. I didn't have an issue with Kouta taking away Micchy's hatesink to make him realize how badly he hosed up. Only thing I didn't like in the episode was the complete lack of the best character, Ghostbro.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Burkion posted:

Oh no, maybe this show that I enjoy and have watched every episode of and KEEP SAYING that I enjoyed the episode with the exception of this beat and the way Kouta's character is handled really isn't for me.

Hmm.

No for some reason I don't think that's it. :iiam:

I was mostly stating that you seem really really angry about Kouta making a logical--and foreshadowed--decision for his character. If he had killed Micchy or if he had destroyed his belt, that would not have done anything to quell Micchy's rage. Instead he took away his big hatesink, so that he'd either calm down, or when something bad happened, like it did in the episode, he wouldn't be able to blame Kouta.

The point was to prove Micchy wrong about everything he believed (that Kouta and his hope were poison, and that he was the best chance of saving Mai). I think this was the best way to do it.

Was it dumb? Yeah. Kouta was never the brains of his operation. He's an optimist first and foremost. If he had killed Micchy or broke his belt, that would have flew in the face of all his characterization much worse than what he did.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm excited for the dramatic reveal that Zack was waiting for Kouta and Kaito to kill each other and is the final boss after all is said and done.

Also I'm disappointed in the total lack of the best character, ghostbro, in the past two epsiodes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Ornac did a rider kick in episode 25.
"Never underestimate a patissier!"

• Locked thread