Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Oren being amazing: The episode :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Was I the only one intensly hungry for pastry after this episode. A lot of people say fictional food looks better then real food, but this episode cemented that for me. Also, I keep wondering if Gaim's popularity might lead to the abolishment of two episode MOTW episodes, or this is just a one off experiment.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Gaim's been good from about episode 5, but this episode took that to the next level. Watching Gaim has quickly become the favorite part of my week :allears:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

As awesome as Gaim is, and I'm loving it, I'm also upset that Wizard wasn't the Urobuchi series we got. I have a big thing for magic and supernatural themes, and to see so much missed potential makes me sad.

But then I watch Kachidoki's intro scene and I become happy again :swoon:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

It sucks that all the Kamen Rider shows I'm interested in end up shtting the best a quarter of the way through :negative: And my favorite Sentai/PR season isn't usually talked about in the usual threads either.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Man, I really want things between Kouta and Micchy to reach a head, just because if there's one thing Micchy needs, it's a punch in his smug condescending face and a humiliation. Also, Kouta's not exactly a idiot hero, he's been able to figure out things himself before, but he doesn't realize how his best friend is basically a two faced suspicious rear end in a top hat with a mysteriously never talked about brother.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah, but it's still something you'd expect Kouta to know, if only when they first met. I know I sound like a nitpicker, but it just seems weird for our hero to have a huge blindspot over his supposed best friend.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

It's about time Oren got some focus again :swoon:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

This episode was a nice little appetizer before the poo poo hits the fan next week, but oh what good filler it was :allears:

Between Oren finally clueing in to what's going on, Ryoma losing his mind, and more teasing as to what Sagara is , it was a juicy little nugget of plot hidden in the greatest dragshow ever

NEVER GIIIVE UPPPPPP

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I just thought he was in shock about the forest looking so weird

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Wow, I feel dumb now :downs:

So this isn't a bannable post, I recently started watching Double, finished episode 4, it's really cool how Rider has so many subgenres that it can do, and themes.

I want a good fantasy based Rider damnit :qq:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Wizard was my first Rider series and first Japanese tokusatsu show in general, which is the main reason why I want a GOOD fantasy Rider

As for Hibiki, I heard it goes off of the rails and becomes poo poo in the second half :smith:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Waiting to get home to watch this episode is making things the longest class time in a while.

Thanks in advance to you guys who are kind enough to use spoiler tags.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I love how it feels that Micchy's being built up to be the villain of the Riders, if not overall

He's the Joffery of Kamen Rider :allears:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I've been loving Gaim more with each episode, especially since there's so many good VILLAINS, in a various flavor, between traditional rival Kaito to wild card Oren to corrupted hero Takatora, to mad scientist Ryouma. The common cliche is that a hero is only as good as the antagonists he or she faces, and I think Gaim proves that

Compare this with Wizard, where the villains all sucked and had worse bark than their bite, maybe excepting Phoenix.

Solaris Knight fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 22, 2014

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Micchy's actor looks way too comfortable in that hat for my taste :stonk:

Really, I don't know much about toku actors and actresses, but I haven't heard anything bad about Gaim's cast.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Man, that was a good episode, even if half of it was cyphered.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I wouldn't be surprised, but the Foundation X arc got abandoned for Wizard, unfortunately.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Wow, I didn't know that. Guess that cliche about learning something every day is true.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

One observation: I love how the show is completely exorcizing sponsor messages and cold openings just to get to the meat of the episode faster :allears:

Second observation, I love how history's repeating itself,and that apparently all civilizations are doomed to die by greed, rather than just Helheim. The overlords damned THEMSELVES to hell

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Goddamn that guy looks classy and dramatic.

Too bad he's being relegated to one shot character like Sorcerer :negative:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I love Oren, but he doesn't get enough screentime. I really am excited to see him come back :allears:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Next episode's going to be a long wait, but boy will it be worth it :getin:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

That's some pretty precognitive dog naming, Burk.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Well, that sure was an episode. What's the toku major character death tally, because I'm sure Gaim's rocketing up there.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I think Kouta works well in this context as a DECONSTRUCTION of a shounen protagonist because everything has gone to poo poo SINCE he's trusted people. Kaito is a more realistic character in that he's pragmatic and genre savvy about how killcrazy the Riders are. Kouta still is 50 percent smarter then most anime protagonists though, save for his Micchy sized blind spot for most of it.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Kouta may still win but he'll still have all those deaths to bear, and will most likely still be scarred from the experience. Not exactly a total win.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Yoko and Zack literally got blown the gently caress out, Rider fights on motorcycles, and the next episode preview looks even more insane :stonk:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Wizard's existance compared to its theme is still the most hilarious thing ever.

That's like Gaim encouraging kids to eat junk food, or Fourze making kids more isolated. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Flat Banana posted:

Ahha, thanks. But now you make me wish that Kouta would have at least Rider kicked Kaito's blade deeper into his wound to finish him off, instead of a lame-rear end, inch-deep prick. Spend a couple of thousand dollars, Toei! :bahgawd:

I was expecting that, and got kind of disappointed that it didn't

Then again, the ending of WOnderful 101 was the best toku finale ever, so everything feels a bit anticlimactic in comparison.

• Locked thread